[3.1][HC] Scorching RF Inquisitor - cheap starter build - ZiggyD

"
rAx wrote:
When can I start using RF without losing so much life? The guide says around level 50 but I'm still losing a lot when I activate it. I'm level 59, have 3169 hp, 480 mana, MoM, 78% fire res with PoF, 345 life regen and 81 mana regen, and RF still eats through everything. What else am I missing?

level 65 and Rise of the phoenix shield mostly.

Beside that, probably, life regen/mana regen
"
Ynera wrote:
"
rAx wrote:
When can I start using RF without losing so much life? The guide says around level 50 but I'm still losing a lot when I activate it. I'm level 59, have 3169 hp, 480 mana, MoM, 78% fire res with PoF, 345 life regen and 81 mana regen, and RF still eats through everything. What else am I missing?

level 65 and Rise of the phoenix shield mostly.

Beside that, probably, life regen/mana regen

I started around 59 using Saffel's Frame (or whatever that shield is called), along with 2x rings and amulet each with 50%+ Mana Regen, and the rest of my gear with +Mana.

You need your fire res as high as possible. Don't force RF though, as you'll just waste your time instead of leveling up to use RotP. Also pick up an immortal flesh belt (not sure what level requirement is). On the skill tree, prioritize life Regen and Mana Regen if you want to run RF early.

The more life you have, the more you degen, so it's a balancing act at lower levels. Personally I wouldn't waste the currency trying to run it at low level, but that's your call.
Edit: I'm an idiot, we already run burning damage support. Going to be a long day, today...

So I've been trying to figure out why we run Swift Affliction in this build? The Dex requirement is a pain when we could be using Burning Damage support, so I assume it's because of the duration clause on SA... but doesn't reduced duration cause our SR to lose its stacks quicker?

If I could remove the Dex from gear and jewels, I could easily get another +40% dot/fire on jewels and Burning Damage support gives us extra "more" damage.

I must be missing something crucial here, though.
Last edited by AgnateHeartstone on Sep 26, 2017, 10:03:11 AM
Hello - I've managed to respec my old templar into this - and it's not...quite what I hoped for. Could anyone please take a look and see where's the fault here? It's not as tanky as I'd hope, deals not that much damage, etc.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/y5FaaVTD
Last edited by _Pats_ on Sep 26, 2017, 4:16:01 PM
"
_Pats_ wrote:
Hello - I've managed to respec my old templar into this - and it's not...quite what I hoped for. Could anyone please take a look and see where's the fault here? It's not as tanky as I'd hope, deals not that much damage, etc.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/y5FaaVTD

Speaking of pure damage your char lack of :
1) Doryiani's Catalyst
2) Opal Ring
3) probably a best 6L.. Es is totally waste with RF so try to remove all of its source.
4) good boots lab's enchant (% life/mana regen)
5) Add some armor on your equip. (avoid Es items)
6) Use some better flasks : ruby for help with degen, onslaught for faster dot applies, and probably a mana flask with istant recovery

I will surely start from here.
1. According to pob, doryani's catalyst would result in lower dps.
2. An opal ring within my capabilities wouldn't improve my damage/survi - but I do have a %fire damage on one, it's very similar to opal rings, right?
3. That's true, I'll have to rebuy one.
4. Another great suggestion, didn't think of that.
5. What's the use of armour if it's not stacked to 10k, if you don't mind me asking?
6. The mana flask I have surpasses every mana flask I've seen though - it regens very fast and has 4 charges, each for 1600 mana. As for onslaught, I didn't think of that one, heh. Thanks!

I'll start from getting a new 6link. I also thought about freeing some mana by getting essence worm, but that would drop my ~300 of my life a lot of mana and life regen, is that worth it?

EDIT: I've managed to cheaply buy this:

so the ES problem is largely solved (cut that by half) - also got myself another sceptre, as my last one had fire damage and it effed me over with equilibrium on orb of storms. Still better than doryani though!

Also got a ruby flask - what enchant would you suggest on this one? So far I've gotten MS/max charges. I also went out of my original tree design to get a dual curse (after looking for an amu with it and they cost an arm and a leg) and put elemental weakness there in swap with enfeeble for harder bosses. Will report back to say how it went!

Last edited by _Pats_ on Sep 27, 2017, 7:28:13 AM
"
_Pats_ wrote:
2. An opal ring within my capabilities wouldn't improve my damage/survi - but I do have a %fire damage on one, it's very similar to opal rings, right?
5. What's the use of armour if it's not stacked to 10k, if you don't mind me asking?
6. The mana flask I have surpasses every mana flask I've seen though - it regens very fast and has 4 charges, each for 1600 mana. As for onslaught, I didn't think of that one, heh. Thanks!

I'll start from getting a new 6link. I also thought about freeing some mana by getting essence worm, but that would drop my ~300 of my life a lot of mana and life regen, is that worth it?

so the ES problem is largely solved (cut that by half) - also got myself another sceptre, as my last one had fire damage and it effed me over with equilibrium on orb of storms. Still better than doryani though!

Also got a ruby flask - what enchant would you suggest on this one? So far I've gotten MS/max charges. I also went out of my original tree design to get a dual curse (after looking for an amu with it and they cost an arm and a leg) and put elemental weakness there in swap with enfeeble for harder bosses. Will report back to say how it went!

I've been running Witchfire Brew as my second curse and it's pretty nice, along with a Basalt + Rumi's flasks and cwdt + tempest shield.

I can't check your pob, but instant flasks helped me a lot. In emergencies you can't afford to wait for your Mana (aka effective life pool) to Regen. Being able to pop several flasks in a row to recharge has saved me countless times.

So far I can only do T14 deathless reliably. I'm missing some of the damage items, more armor, less es, and some Mana Regen, which I assume is my issue.

This is 100% the farthest I've ever taken a character, so I'm pretty stoked.
Turns out double ele rings (opals with %fire dmg) with hp are expensive as hell.

What's your stats in pob? I atm have SR at 8 stages around 500k for nonboss, ~350k for bosses.

I've completely forgotten that vulnerability gives DoT dmg, and it turns out its better than elemental weakness by around 20k DPS, so there's that. Double cursing is very powerful especially when I can swap for enfeeble, so I don't think I'll use the flask.

In order to make this build I've sold a crucial armour piece of my endgame character (with which I did guardians comfortably) so I'm trying to get this templar to work with t15+ too. I still have around 500hp to pick up in nodes and swap a ring for dual ele, but balancing dexterity has forced me to pick one 30dex node (which I hate, I hate wasting nodes on stats) - but it freed my ring slot of dexterity so that means for one passive point I can get an opal without dex (and thse with dex start with 10+ex).

What's your gem set up then? I've got these:

MH: immortal call + cwdt + dur
OH: clarity + stone golem + rallying cry (which I don't use that often, thinking about swapping out)
head: shield charge + fortify + faster attacks // purity of fire
gloves: RF setup
boots: orb of storms dual curse setup

Where did you put cwdt tempest shield? I'd have to lose rallying cry and clarity unless I'd get an unset ring (and make the golem + cwdt + tempest shield).

I wondered about kaom's boots but damn, we need these slots!

EDIT: Managed to snatch this opal ring for just under 1ex, and it fits almost everything I needed! That's a solid 30k increase in dps (from 560k to 590k) for one slot. Seems fine.

I also got an idea from your helmet to get 30% vuln effect enchant while I look for SR damage, since SR damage on rare/normal item is far more expensive - I paid 4c for a decent helmet with everything I needed.
Last edited by _Pats_ on Sep 27, 2017, 10:53:30 AM

This is pretty much a necessity now. The GG version is if you get 40% RF damage from uber lab.

I can say I'm quite proud of the build. All I really need now are good enchants, and upgrade my Doryani's to a rare version.
"
_Pats_ wrote:

If I'm not mistaken though that might be wrong... You have spell damage on there which doesn't effect RF.

Also a lot of gear you have on your character could be way improved & your flasks make 0 sense. Why do you have a "Takes no mana cost" flask. That shouldn't be any issue at all. Your build is broke. You have two curses on cast on curse. You need the arcane surge to gain mana... I mean we are MoM here. Also you have +40% vulnerability on your helmet... but you're not using it. I'm not sure why you use ele weakness and flammability, especially when you have that.

You should get essence wyrm so you have a much larger mana pool as well. Same with witch fire instead of some jank setup that doesn't allow you to regen any mana easily.
Last edited by KoolaidMan0 on Sep 27, 2017, 3:09:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info