[3.1][HC] Scorching RF Inquisitor - cheap starter build - ZiggyD

Completed 28 Challengestripknot wrote:
Character GE_WHYANOTHERTOON

Hey guys, been playing this build for a while now, not rushing the content. I have completed t15 and the beachhead map. Had one go at t16 Minotaur, he destroyed me, it was a corrupted map.

Upon looking at my character, does anyone see any glaring issues with the gear or tree? I am aware of the neck however it gives a massive amount of mana regen which without it i can sustain the degen however mana usage drops it fairly quickly and it does not feel good without the neck.

Perhaps when i have another go at the guardians it will be different, especially running them white.
My character GE_WHYANOTHERTOON has around 6.5k hp and 2.3k unreserved mana. All gems are 20/20 give or take and my purity of fire is 21/20.

Maybe its just a L2P issue :P This build should be able to complete all content with RF on correct?

Looking forward to any possible feed back.

Cheers

I just tried out the Formless Inferno helm and it has made a mountain of difference to my survivability. I lost a lot of good stats from helm, though, so it's a trade-off. I'm currently trying to fix my mana regen and overcapped resists being low.

I haven't tried T16s with the new setup, though.

Thanks for the suggestion ill have a play with it.

Any other ideas out there? any flaws?
I decided to try out hardcore. Prior to this league, the furthest I've gotten was halfway through act 3 normal before ripping. I'm level 80 now as pure SR. No MoM, no RF, but otherwise mostly following the build. Thanks for writing this up.

At least for HC, it's been nice using Kaom's Roots for a while. Complete immunity to freeze, stun, and temporal chains is really nice. Unfortunately, it does put a lot of pressure on the sockets.
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
nvm
Last edited by jehovax on Oct 7, 2017, 9:53:50 AM
Hello everyone!
I've been playing with a variation of this build and want to share my experience with you guys.
A made a few changes to the build, that became more focused on RF than SR, and I appreciate the playstyle.

What changed:
- Faster movement (using Brightbeack instead of a dps scepter)
- Orb of Storm supported with faster casting, then I use Vulnerability with Blasphemy
- Spell totem SR: on a 5link. Some mobs run away from you, to such mobs, if you stand casting SR, your RF won't reach it, so I prefer to Shield Charge to the mob while the totem supports the dmg from afar.
- Went for life regen nodes near Scion to the the jewel slot. I've skipped some dmg nodes, prioritizing life and jewels (high burning dmg is somewhat cheap on jewels).
- Didn't take skill duration nodes aswel

I'm also focusing a bit on armour on gear, using The Formeless Inferno, and my defenses seem quite solid so far. Facetanking pretty much all content so far.

The "rotation" of 'Chargin into a pack> Casting Orb of Storms> Chargin forward' became faster and it pleases me greatly.

Map mods:
Can run 40% reduced regen. It degens slowly, but not that challenging
Vulnerability curse is a bitch tho

Some stats @lv83:
Life: 6496
ES: 598
Mana: 422/2246 (very rare to lose all mana, ruby flask solves it tho)
Armour: 7352 (17432 with granite flask up, 20026 with both granite and ruby flasks up)

It has been one of the easiest if not the easiest build I've leveled with. It's a pain to sustain mana early on, but after lvl 50, with the uniques recomended, it becomes easy.
Char name: PactoCarregado

Thanks for sharing!
Last edited by Vento7 on Oct 9, 2017, 11:25:48 PM
Thanks for sharing this, really fun build!!

However I seem to have a problem where T6 maps are getting way to hard to handle.
Char name: aabcScorchingRF
http://poe-profile.info/profile/refgain/aabcScorchingRF

I got a The Formless Inferno Royal Burgonet that I'm going to try out. I know I'm just level 75 and the next 4 levels will go to 20% hp (Purity of Fire and the other three around it) also got 2 other jewels, 7%hp and 12% damage over time and 1 jewel, 7%hp and 16% fire damage.

But other than that what would you suggest changing? Is there something I totally missed? Or am I just doing it wrong... wouldn't suprise me as I'm a idiot.

Anyway, thanks a lot for everyone contributing to this build, great job!

Have a nice day!
"
Refgain wrote:
But other than that what would you suggest changing? Is there something I totally missed? Or am I just doing it wrong... wouldn't suprise me as I'm a idiot.

You gave Cast when Damage Taken and the Arcane Surge Support too high levels. I would buy new ones in your case.
CWDT I would leave on level 1 and Immortal Call as well. In this way the level of damage to start this is ways lower and so it's used in more cases, therefore more protection. For example from these spike shooting annoyances ^^
Arcane Surge I kept at level 4 so it's started every time I use Orb of Storms.
The rest of your setup can be improved step by step nevertheless it's good for your character level now. So going the right direction ;)
First of all congratulations for the good work (both to you and ZiggyD); and thanks for writing this guide, very good!

Even though I already had experience with the playstyle - since I've tried a LLRF+SR build, but had no cash to get the required equipment, hence the case when I found this guide - I was able to just run non-stop through all 10 acts. Stopped to apply skill points only after act 3 (35+ points lol), and reached the epilogue in less than two days (with no deaths, though I'm not in HC), very very solid build indeed!

Some things I found useful with this build (at least so far, map tier 5+):
- An Hybrid Potion, with increased total regen, for mana: mana is halfway gone, you use the potion and get increased life regen even if full life (damage taken is almost instantly recovered);
- PoF in Essence Worm Ring, plus Vitality and Clarity: very solid MP/HP regen, with ~2/3 mana reserved. So far had absolutely no problems with missing mana, and the Hybrid helps a lot also.
- Sulfur with speed boost + Granite with +#% total armor: I just run through mobs (some just Shield Charge) without doing a thing, stronger ones requires a single Orb of Storms for almost if not instant kill, and SR is almost a luxury for bosses only;
- Hrimnor's Resolve helps you run without bothering with chills/freeze or carrying a [Freeze Immune] Potion;
- Extra potion for killing RF +Extra Charges (or reduced charges when used): sure helps - A LOT - in some cases, even if you just turn RF off a few seconds for life/mana regen come into play (especially if you somehow run out of potion charges in a boss with no mobs around to refill it).
- Low level Arcane Surge and CWDT: this is practically mandatory (for my playstyle at least). Tried to level them a bit higher once, but currently having Arcane Surge every time I use Orb of Storms, and Imm. Call + Molten Shell activated every few seconds is one hell of a bonus (though CWDT I leveled until 4 to give Molten Shell some boost, nevertheless it still requires only ~700 DMG to activate).

For now that's what I can think about how I'm playing it, everything is way too easy; trying to get higher tier maps (currently at 75 on 6+ tier "alchemied" maps, some with mods). I'm very satisfied with this build, been trying to nailed it since I've started playing PoE some days ago; despite a few changes on Skill Tree or Equipment choices, I'm not too divergent from what this guide proposed.

Thank you again for the good work, and lets KAMEHAMEHA SOME MOBS (yes, my Templar is even called Goku, RF is Super Saiyan mode lol).
Great guide!

I've been running into what seems like a wall and having troubles getting to level 90 and even T11 maps are giving troubles. I made some changes to my tree/gear to allow fore more tanky sustain and that helped a bit, but I still feel like I cannot survive. Working on keeping my Fortify up and endurance charges, but still keep getting melted for what I think is physical damage.

Note: I'm aware that my chest is rather horrible, but I've found it hard to get a 6 link and my currency is currently depleted.

Also, I have my first flask to remove burning specifically to drop it when on bosses that hit hard.

Gear:

Passive Skill Tree: Link
Well, as for me i go for items like this. Kinda started with amulet and somehow ended with items like this:

It started as random crap form my chest, put in it like 15 chaos i think... after it started with the amulet stat boost I kinda stick to it.
So far is kinda easy to do maps. I'm 91 with some 13 and 14 maps(rare coorrupted even), without any problems, sometimes its kinda funny... How it will develop i will see..
Last edited by madhammerpl on Oct 20, 2017, 1:22:18 PM
Nice guide, have been following this build in this season, here is my equipment setup:

I found out that I'm quite vulnerable to physical damage, therefore I wear Lightning Coil for the physical damage mitigation and it synergies quite well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info