Act 10 Kitava fight is absolutely stupid

"
kompaniet wrote:
act 10 kitava is the best boss fight in path of exile. it has everything a good boss fight should have. much like malachai before in act 4. very well designed in my opinion.

I partially agree with this assessment, though in my opinion, Malachai as the final encounter has never been equalled. Malachai was an ingenious boss who kept even my higher level characters on their toes.

I popped my head in this thread because I was curious as to whether people thought that Kitava was too hard or too easy.

I went in with an (admittedly overleveled) character and wiped the floor with Kitava, whereas Malachai always gave me a lot of trouble. My feeling was that Kitava was lame because he had been gimped in comparison to Merc Malachai, but I guess I could be mistaken.
Died to her at lvl 69 in hhc. I had 50% block and 4,3k life and i didn't even realise what happened. One moment i was and the next i wasn't.

Few days later. Same build, 2k hp and 35ish block in act 5 i realised what killed me in the a10 fight because it nearly killed me again.

You know those four slam circles that spawn in a square when kitava raises his hand? I thought they were just an indication of the big slam coming. Well they aren't just a decorative indication. They also deal dmg. So you can easily get suceedingly hit by one or more "small" slams before the big one comes and if the small ones stun you, you are pretty much dead. You either dodge horizonticaly, vertically or facetank the big slam. Any other way and you get erased by the small circles.

Not sure if the small circles should deal that much dmg.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Aug 31, 2017, 10:33:23 AM
"
kaepae wrote:
In comparison to the rest of storymode, Kitava a10 is absurd. It should be tuned to align and further down the game be an option with various difficulty levels.

The endgame starts at a much lower difficulty level, and that's the level I'm aiming for when I'm running through storymode.

As always, the unbalance will give players different experiences. Storymode should be suitable for all builds. Go ahead, and try a10 kitava with an ES based character using what storymode provides. Enjoy your 50+ deaths.

Either ramp up the difficulty leading to it and the endgame right after it, or consider purely the experience of a feel-good boss fight for everyone (all builds) and tune it accordingly. Reuse in endgame for diehards.

Cheers

LIE! I play ES hybrid build SSF i killed Kitava and i died like 5 times max. No more.

My friend died like 50 times and i was expecting this also, but... i was like Already?! :-O
OK then.

So most of those whiniers just dont know what are they doing with their characters.
Last edited by de99ial on Aug 31, 2017, 9:38:14 AM
"
theloveduck wrote:
I went in with an (admittedly overleveled) character and wiped the floor with Kitava, whereas Malachai always gave me a lot of trouble. My feeling was that Kitava was lame because he had been gimped in comparison to Merc Malachai, but I guess I could be mistaken.

Oh yeah... doing Merc Malachai at at level 65-67ish (directly after the story).. yeah right...

Most probably didn't try that since it didn't give anything, and jumped directly to maps.
Myself, yepp, always tried that and for me... Merc Malachai was alot harder the Kitava, and I really mean alot.

"
Dharall wrote:
"
theloveduck wrote:

Oh yeah... doing Merc Malachai at at level 65-67ish (directly after the story).. yeah right...

Most probably didn't try that since it didn't give anything, and jumped directly to maps.
Myself, yepp, always tried that and for me... Merc Malachai was alot harder the Kitava, and I really mean alot.

True to that.

In last leauge i had to do a lot of mapping before i managed into CI. My chaos res was so low that maligaro was unable to do for me, so Mal also. I had to find right armour - chanced Shavronnes - and then i made CI but with just above 4k ES it was risky. Still i made that call and i managed to kill Mal. But hell he was so hard to beat...
Malachi was optional. Kitava is mandatory.
Now let's read it slowly, together: m-a-n-d-a-t-o-r-y.

Even pre-nerfed Malachi was fairly easy for most builds with some phys mitigation. Kitava shits over vast majority of various defense types. It's HP pool which counts the most.
Malachi didn't even have 1/3 of Kitava's HP.

I can't understand how is it even possible to compare these encounters. It makes no sense. Like, none.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Aug 31, 2017, 11:41:24 AM
See it as "build verificator". If You are unable kill Kitava with 10 or less deaths - Your build is shit. Start over again.
Brilliant logic. And unrelated to the topic.

What if I, as a HC player, say that if you managed to die 5 times to anything, your build is shit by default, and didn't pass the verification? Did you start over?

Not that I would, but just imagine.

Look, ggg did shit with this boss fight, and there's no need to pull things out of places, in a needless attempt to defend them. They just have to commit the mistake, and to rebalance the fight. ASAP. Nothing more, nothing less.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
torturo wrote:
Brilliant logic. And unrelated to the topic.

What if I, as a HC player, say that if you managed to die 5 times to anything, your build is shit by default, and didn't pass the verification? Did you start over?

Not that I would, but just imagine.

Look, ggg did shit with this boss fight, and there's no need to pull things out of places, in a needless attempt to defend them. They just have to commit the mistake, and to rebalance the fight. ASAP. Nothing more, nothing less.

oh I dont reckon its that hard I did it on my first time blind

just got to be real careful and stick near your portal

have round 4000 life or so and I reckon you'll be fine
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
have round 4000 life or so and I reckon you'll be fine

Tend to disagree. My first attempt was at lvl 71 with 4.5K, twink gear, solid damage, with decoy totem 100% of the time, and didn't make any significant mistakes. Watched videos in advance, knew the fight. Also knew it's a pushover, was prepared.
At a certain point just instantly died to something at half HP, can't even tell what and why - probably some ground effect, though I can swear the part of the arena I jumped at was clear. Too much clutter, can't even tell. Fight is just a shitty clusterfuck.

The build was just about to grow - several levels later would significantly increase the HP. Build was map ready, it plowed through A10, hardly got scratched.
But it couldn't pass the barrier.
Probably got to try any fotm instead, for full D3 experience.

At its current state the fight itself is poorly designed, and conceptually this encounter is a disaster. The latter bothers me the most.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Aug 31, 2017, 2:43:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info