[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
redlefthand wrote:
How are you guys getting that kind of tooltip damage on your builds? I've been looking at skill trees and gear and while I've found a few pieces of gear that I could upgrade, It would only give me 2% more intelligence and maybe 10 more intelligence on my Astramentis. My DPS is at about 5800 with arcane surge active, so I don't see that boosting me up much higher. Maybe get to about 6800. It's still worth upgrading, but I'm curious how you guys manage to get that kind of damage.

Would you mind looking at my character (WhisperingVanillaIce) and offering some advice? Thanks for the help!

Your characters are hidden.

"
Mamoux wrote:
Hi this is my skill tree. How can I squeeze anymore life out of it?
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAPuBAcEswceCPQOSA-rEFgRLRGWFCAWbxa_FukaOBpsHNwdFB2-HwIhkCQ3JIskqiUnJpUnLyj6KU8qOCycLR8zhzWSNsU26TrYPC1Bh0VHRZ1JT0lRSshMs1BCUEdRdFNSVUtVxl1JXfJfKl_QYeJmVGebakNtGW6qe4x7w3_GgpuCx4Nfg8yD24P3hMWFMoV7h2WKr4w2jumPGo9GkBGQVZUglS6XLZhXmuCbtZ2uogCiLqKjppmnCK4-r42vm7UEtfK3PriTvKq86r8IwGbB88M6xq7QH9Wm2CTYveNq5CLkUeoQ6-Tr7uw47w7v6_DV-F_56P4K?accountName=Mamoux&characterName=ThickFinger

Thanks in advance.

You forgot to take Elemental Overload!

Quick Recovery is only 14% life, 3 simple 5% life nodes would give you 1% more. Taking those 5% nodes is the only way to add more life.

I unhid my characters. I had no idea they were hidden. Sorry about that. Thanks for taking the time to attempt to look at them though.
"
Kelvynn wrote:

This is when the totally random luck part starts. You need to find him, hide from his barrage and kill him. I was looking for him carefully while avoiding the random crap that happens in the different arenas (degen auras chasing you, EK totems, ED totems, etc), but stay behind something. When he turns into the wolf you run around and kite it, but when he stops you need to find a spot behind something (tree, rocks, walls) where you can hide from the barrage while casting near him.

I even managed to get a good timing on the wolf to stop like 1 sec before he stops. The wolf hit me a couple times, but he's gimp in a white map, he won't kill you in a couple of shots, and you can cast Icestorms on him that will hit the boss when he turns back to normal, so you'll get healed and do a lot of damage. Just make sure to hide behind something quickly.

that's the key to success, always run white or bloodlines/nemeses mods map when attempting to do this encounter (btw recently I noticed magic/regaled t15-16 maps with pack affixes can yield good loot in maps too, my higher score is 4 x t16 and 3 x t15 maps in magic 12pack map, never saw this, even on 8 affixes , +160iiq, +40pack, i am tired of running expensive 8 affix chiseled maps with no valuable return)
I saw this tutorial too but dissappearance phase and pursuing him makes me vulnerable for hit (I know, to turn music/streaming off to hear his sentences as I am approaching) always getting hit by tiny bit of barrage....
can You confirm Shaper's nexus bosses hp pool is depleted making them easier than regular in maps, this may be another opportunity to do it
did Piety this way, cannot cope with it in Palace map but did it @ nexus with 1st attempt
Thanks
"Je sens que je suis libre,
mais je sais que je ne le suis pas”
―Emil Mihai Cioran
Last edited by skrecu on Sep 4, 2017, 3:59:52 AM
after doing 25 colosseum maps i was happa enought to get a lvl 87 opal ring.
Then i tried to craft him but had never high life and high int.
So i stay here and this 2 things looks good for me. Should i try further to get high life and int (used 50 chaos and over 600 alts regal til now) or should i make mulitple mods and master mods.
Pls give me some advice

Hi,

I'm looking into this build. Do you think you can make it work with Bisco's ? Or is Astramentis too difficult to pass on ?

Thanks.
"
after doing 25 colosseum maps i was happa enought to get a lvl 87 opal ring.
Then i tried to craft him but had never high life and high int.
So i stay here and this 2 things looks good for me. Should i try further to get high life and int (used 50 chaos and over 600 alts regal til now) or should i make mulitple mods and master mods.
Pls give me some advice

You will never get high rolls of life (up to 44), intelligence(up to 30) or never get fire/cold dmg suffix with mastercrafting
better sell or leave for future crafting
I bought mine

in the very beginning of this league for almost nothing

btw, colosseum 87 ilvl??srsly??85 is max cap
―Emil Mihai Cioran
Last edited by skrecu on Sep 4, 2017, 4:54:53 AM
"
redlefthand wrote:
"
sufferot wrote:
"
Wastle wrote:
So far i did the guardians, uber lab, Atziri etc.
Now i'm at the point to do Shaper uber Atziri and Grandmaster hall.

You proofed about to kill the Shaper, but what's about uber Atziri and Grandmaster hall? Don't know how to post my Equip to check of the Community if i'm able to do the 3 bossses.

PS: Sorry for my bad english.

I will answer instead of Kelvynn. If you have 6k+ HP and around 8-10k tooltip DPS with arcane surge up - technically, you can do everything in the game HoGM is not an easy walk for this build - mull_gubens everywhere, so you will need non hitting spell there (use a 20/20 SR for those guys).

Uber Atziri atm is unbeatable - she got new attack in last patch, named "crash instance". It's unavoidable and she uses it pretty frequently. Normal Atziri is a piece of cake - she doesn't have such attack.

How are you guys getting that kind of tooltip damage on your builds? I've been looking at skill trees and gear and while I've found a few pieces of gear that I could upgrade, It would only give me 2% more intelligence and maybe 10 more intelligence on my Astramentis. My DPS is at about 5800 with arcane surge active, so I don't see that boosting me up much higher. Maybe get to about 6800. It's still worth upgrading, but I'm curious how you guys manage to get that kind of damage.

Would you mind looking at my character (WhisperingVanillaIce) and offering some advice? Thanks for the help!

You have one empty jewel socket next to Instability, Right above the Withes starting point. Also I think you should have 50+ int on eacha nd every gear and your Astramentis must be 95+.
"
redlefthand wrote:
"
sufferot wrote:
"
Wastle wrote:
So far i did the guardians, uber lab, Atziri etc.
Now i'm at the point to do Shaper uber Atziri and Grandmaster hall.

You proofed about to kill the Shaper, but what's about uber Atziri and Grandmaster hall? Don't know how to post my Equip to check of the Community if i'm able to do the 3 bossses.

PS: Sorry for my bad english.

I will answer instead of Kelvynn. If you have 6k+ HP and around 8-10k tooltip DPS with arcane surge up - technically, you can do everything in the game HoGM is not an easy walk for this build - mull_gubens everywhere, so you will need non hitting spell there (use a 20/20 SR for those guys).

Uber Atziri atm is unbeatable - she got new attack in last patch, named "crash instance". It's unavoidable and she uses it pretty frequently. Normal Atziri is a piece of cake - she doesn't have such attack.

With Kaom's heart you get a high amount on +% fire damage (37% in my case)
You miss the one jewel socket near deep thoughts. You'r black sun dex and str need an upgrade. You got actually 1411 Int which is good, but miss the % damage from the jewel spot and kaoms heart.
And the 21/20 gems do a different to 20/0 gems.
"
redlefthand wrote:

You don't need 50+ int gear, check my build

https://pastebin.com/pYFwRVFU

none of my gear piece has +50, 1350 int, 9,8k tooltip in town, in combat tooltip 15k, effective dps in POE builder (golems/firerespen/EO/CiS/arcane surge/flask) 23,5k
enough to put down guardians (hydra/minotaur) in 10-12 sec facetanking, other guardians fight as You know are less safe and more complex
You need to lvl up to 90 and take some life perks and jewel socket and, most important, upg Your gens to at least 20/20 (21/20 is less important IMHO, i am near to finish lvling up 3 CWC 20/20 gems and try to upg 'em to 21/20)
―Emil Mihai Cioran
Last edited by skrecu on Sep 4, 2017, 5:19:31 AM
"

jew box with + lvl.

I know that i cant get high rolls with mastercrafting. But high res plus high int is nice. and i am not so good in mastercrafting with prefix suffix cant change and so on. So i would know if there is a way to try to ex slam high life. I tried it 2 times and broke the ring. so i would ask if there is a way other then using tons of orbs and hope.
so as the trick with jew orbs with coloring or +1 gems with bows. perhaps something i dont know works here also. Thats the reason i ask.
"
"

jew box with + lvl.

I know that i cant get high rolls with mastercrafting. But high res plus high int is nice. and i am not so good in mastercrafting with prefix suffix cant change and so on. So i would know if there is a way to try to ex slam high life. I tried it 2 times and broke the ring. so i would ask if there is a way other then using tons of orbs and hope.
so as the trick with jew orbs with coloring or +1 gems with bows. perhaps something i dont know works here also. Thats the reason i ask.

of course, I forgot this +lvl mod on boxes!
i think most valuable t1 mods are suffixes for rings (int, fire/colddmg to spells, allres/res) only 1 is prefix (life)
so good choice is to find a decent one 3 x t1 suffix with any 1-2 crappy prefixes (I bet is virtually impossible to roll 3 suffixes with alt/aug/regal sequence), add block suffiixes for exalts and scourge prefixes to hell, then try exalt t1 life roll
another recent option is jeopardy with orb of anullment to kill one existing prefix and leave 3 x t1 suffixes, then exalt life
expensive but, when metacrafting + essences is not viable, only way
―Emil Mihai Cioran

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info