[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

Kelvynn, here's a wild idea: hierophant!
Pros:
- huge ES (3k from a single node!) with minimal %ES on tree
- maybe almost usable built-in 0.5% spell leech (for more dmg in staff)
- immunity to ailments
- 10 sockets! 5 of them free for non-stat
- 10% MoM
- probably easier to level than scion
Cons:
- need more res on gear
- no ele reflect resistance
- no consecrated ground on hit

"

Some things PoB doesn't know yet in Hiero, so I added those lines to the WI staff.
"
teketoria wrote:
Kelvynn, here's a wild idea: hierophant!
Pros:
- huge ES (3k from a single node!) with minimal %ES on tree
- maybe almost usable built-in 0.5% spell leech (for more dmg in staff)
- immunity to ailments
- 10 sockets! 5 of them free for non-stat
- 10% MoM
- probably easier to level than scion
Cons:
- need more res on gear
- no ele reflect resistance
- no consecrated ground on hit

"

Some things PoB doesn't know yet in Hiero, so I added those lines to the WI staff.

PoB already knows about the new HoA and other stuff. MoM doesn't work with CI. And you won't survive on a 0.5% leech. So if you remove that extra stuff you added, and use Life Leech, you'll end up with 10k ES but significantly lower damage. Something between Elementalist/Scion and Occultist.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
PoB already knows about the new HoA and other stuff. MoM doesn't work with CI. And you won't survive on a 0.5% leech. So if you remove that extra stuff you added, and use Life Leech, you'll end up with 10k ES but significantly lower damage. Something between Elementalist/Scion and Occultist.

Yea, I was thinking to switch that LL gem to Ele focus for a hefty dmg increase but that 0.5% leech is probably not enough. Pity that ggg only made it 0.5% :/
What's the reason Fire Pen is used over Controlled Destruction? Is there some basic interaction I'm missing? You'll still crit every 8 seconds easily with minimal crit.

-Edit-

Nevermind, I remember. Bosses are better to kill with Fire Pen because of higher max resists. Derp. Carry on!
"Sorrow. How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."
-Vivi
Last edited by Vivikain on Mar 1, 2018, 11:22:29 PM
3.2 Scion version guide is up.

Still doing some minor edits, going to add a leveling guide before the launch too.

Made one important change from the test version: replaced FP with EF. This version has 40% resist penetration already without FP. So using a DPS gem is no longer a 'noob trap', it can handle super-resistant rares, rogues exiles and max buffed Izaro. For most enemies EF simply adds 50% MORE damage, just like PoB says. Even for the T16 bosses/Shaper/Elder EF is higher DPS with this version.

The only place where FP will be needed is HoGM. But that's a very special case and you'll need to swap some gems for it anyway.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 2, 2018, 1:36:59 AM
Hi Kel

Thanks again for the early updating of the guide and always answering questions. Also other people in this thread are verry helpful.

I tried in the meantime of the leages a old berserker in std with legacy pyre ring 8300 es and unbuffed 12 k dmg.

all is fine exept one thing i cant explain. As long as i kill bosses normaly all things went good.
only the waterway boss (cant stopp casting icestorm if he reflekt) and the racehouse bosses (one of them kills me sometime mostly all things went good)

BUT i died 2 times in cases i cant understand.

there are some mods like monster with extra lightning dmg and so and i die sometime in case that it seems that the leach stopps (i am not frozen) I have n idea what the reason for that is. Perhaps you can explain or i oversee something.
In last leage that was a huge problem, because after diing i lost the map.

I tested also the sc sr combo and it seems the bug is fixed.
But le the what bugs the implement for the new leage :-)

I think they will be verry creative.

If the thing with the nets works a i understand you can cast icestorm throw the net and cast further. Or miss i something. that would be verry good, because i can throw the net at lets say 40 % life and the chance to get the mob is higher with lower life.
So the build should be verry good for that leage.
Again miss i somthing.
Any answer is recommend.
"
Hi Kel

Thanks again for the early updating of the guide and always answering questions. Also other people in this thread are verry helpful.

I tried in the meantime of the leages a old berserker in std with legacy pyre ring 8300 es and unbuffed 12 k dmg.

all is fine exept one thing i cant explain. As long as i kill bosses normaly all things went good.
only the waterway boss (cant stopp casting icestorm if he reflekt) and the racehouse bosses (one of them kills me sometime mostly all things went good)

BUT i died 2 times in cases i cant understand.

there are some mods like monster with extra lightning dmg and so and i die sometime in case that it seems that the leach stopps (i am not frozen) I have n idea what the reason for that is. Perhaps you can explain or i oversee something.
In last leage that was a huge problem, because after diing i lost the map.

I tested also the sc sr combo and it seems the bug is fixed.
But le the what bugs the implement for the new leage :-)

I think they will be verry creative.

If the thing with the nets works a i understand you can cast icestorm throw the net and cast further. Or miss i something. that would be verry good, because i can throw the net at lets say 40 % life and the chance to get the mob is higher with lower life.
So the build should be verry good for that leage.
Again miss i somthing.
Any answer is recommend.

Well, when waterways boss start to reflect, he also becomes immune to damage, so it's obvious that your leech will stop too. Now it wouldn't be problem, since elementalist now immune to elemental reflect, just forget about this as remnant of the past.
Also, yeah, developers said that enemy in the net still taking damage, but can't die, so you can spam icestorm all the way and not worry about your prey dying.
Played Whispering Ice Scorching Ray cwc in Legacy. Many crashes with instance loss and consequent map loss.

Did a lot of trouble shooting with GGG tech for a while. Eventually GGG tech said "know issue / working on it".

It is still an issue:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2001880

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2095187
Last edited by Sinaranu on Mar 3, 2018, 7:18:21 PM
Can anyone give me a hint on how to take rage out of my build?

Last edited by jlbarbosa on Jun 11, 2018, 10:35:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info