[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
Instance crash when something dies to Scorching Ray

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2070709/page/3

Has this bug been fixed?

Good question. There is a mention of some unspecified instance crash in the patch notes.

Going to run my 'sure crash' test on the Moon Temple + pack size map... stay tuned.

Upd: Just cleared a Moon Temple with 24% pack size + 2 Breaches, used SC, killed all but 1 mob, ported out, came back, killed the last mob -> no crash! This used to be a 100% sure way to crash. GGG reproduced it and told me it's been passed to the coders for fixing on Jan 26. Surely they fixed it by now.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 1, 2018, 12:25:52 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Instance crash when something dies to Scorching Ray

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2070709/page/3

Has this bug been fixed?

Good question. There is a mention of some unspecified instance crash in the patch notes.

Going to run my 'sure crash' test on the Moon Temple + pack size map... stay tuned.

Upd: Just cleared a Moon Temple with 24% pack size + 2 Breaches, used SC, killed all but 1 mob, ported out, came back, killed the last mob -> no crash! This used to be a 100% sure way to crash. GGG reproduced it and told me it's been passed to the coders for fixing on Jan 26. Surely they fixed it by now.

Great, thanks for checking.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
adambog wrote:
one more thing, i didnt see herald buff in your video (that 40% extra herald effect from scion-ele), is it negligible or not worth reserving extra mana or we cant afford it mana wise?

How would it get into my video? :) As the description says, the 3.2 buffs are not in yet. This is the 3.1 Scion that doesn't have any of the good stuff that's coming in 3.2 yet. And still took only a few seconds longer than the Berserker to faceroll the Shaper. I did run HoA just to have a realistic amount of mana but it didn't matter.

The only thing I couldn't keep from the old build was the Purity. It would cost 7 skill points to get enough mana reservation nodes for that, which would drop her ES right about to what the Berserker had. But it's not worth it. Most of the time that extra ES is better than 14% LESS damage taken of 1 element (21% instead of 25% after the resistance check). And for nasty mod combos and T16 boss fights you can always bring flasks. Or run Purity instead of HoA or AA depending on the map.

OMG you're right, silly me, it was late into the night here in EU

ps. finally instance crash was fixed, it was really a bummer that almost made me quit playing abyss league
Last edited by adambog on Mar 1, 2018, 3:26:57 AM
And now to something else than the unbearable wait for league start :)

I get a huge drop in FPS when using SC (and have not used it much for this reason). But I do have all graphics settings cranked all the way up on my somewhat highend rig (at least a year ago).

What are the most relevant parameters to tweak to make it handle the icestorms better?
Hi, nice build you got here. I am gonna start this league with this build. Can you please give some efficient leveling tips with scion. Thanks
Last edited by torllwarlord on Mar 1, 2018, 6:04:23 AM
IGN: Dekron
Last edited by gasp10 on Mar 1, 2018, 9:25:17 AM
"
torllwarlord wrote:
Hi, nice build you got here. I am gonna start this league with this build. Can you please give some efficient leveling tips with scion. Thanks

I'm actually not sure what's the best way to level a caster Scion these days :) Going to research it today. Probably Lightning Tendrils for lv 2-12 like in the old version. And from 12 to 39 Firestorm of course.
Thanks for all the research and the recent updates to this thread. I'm debating whether or not to try an Occultist regen tank version of this build, but I'm concerned that it would sacrifice too much damage. Anyone have late-game experience with that? Scion is a bit wonky for a league starter and I'd love to play an Occultist that's not ED or CA.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info