[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
shrunn57 wrote:
The patch notes don't currently describe the change to Pain Reaver that ruin Berserker for this build. Is that an omission or did they change their mind?

Probably just forgot to copy/paste that text. So far nothing indicates that they changed their minds about that nerf. Berserker was already adjusted after the initial reveal, they made him slightly less suicidal. I doubt that they changed him again. If they did it would make it more awkward than the Trickster, because we'd have to stop at the Cruel lab. Taking anything other than Pain Reaver and Aspect of Carnage would trigger that Rage crap - screw that.
I'm not one for understanding or reading the changes they make this these big nerfs, I mean updates, but I really want to try this build out. I will keep in check of which class you pick and follow the guide as updated, but I have kinda (not really) read the updates as far as the "rage and poop" seem very risky. I want a good templar or marauder to play as, but will still keep this build in mind.

I have found a great and super easy scion build to play as in the abbys league, but just want a different class to play around with. BTW I only copy builds in this game, too much crap to understand and learn with different builds and what that build can do here or there bs...........Also my the scion I played in abbys was the first character to get to maps and I only got to t11-t12 maps solo becuase I didn't get any high drops for maps.

With that being said, I like to lvl to map range asa group, but solo after that. In my entire time of playing the game, I have had 2 ex drops, 1 last league, 1 2 leagues ago, so I'm normal a poor and unlucky playing in this game, and your build seems cheap which I LOVE!

Anyway, just looking forward to what you have in mind for the new nerfdate, I mean update.
Alright, the testing in Standard is completed and verified in the latest PoB. Scion Elequisitor does slightly higher damage than the actual Elementalist (which makes me sad) and has significantly more ES. They both do about 25% less damage than the 3.1 Berserker. But what's gone is gone. Instead, the Scion will have higher survivability and reflect immunity.

The King is dead. Long live the Queen!

New video: 3.2 Elequisitor Pre-Flight Check

I'll post the initial version of the Scion build before the new league goes live. She is Lady__Summer in my profile.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Feb 28, 2018, 8:23:43 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Alright, the testing in Standard is completed and verified in the latest PoB. Scion Elequisitor does slightly higher damage than the actual Elementalist (which makes me sad) and has significantly more ES. They both do about 25% less damage than the 3.1 Berserker. But what's gone is gone.

The king is dead. Long live the Queen!

I'll post the initial version of the Scion build before the new league goes live.

i dont see much difference on video, boss still melts like an icecream on route 66

ps. remember to put scion ele-slayer on your TODO list, still we dont have confirmation that ghost reaver won't work with slayer leech
"
adambog wrote:
ps. remember to put scion ele-slayer on your TODO list, still we dont have confirmation that ghost reaver won't work with slayer leech

I got an expert confirming it and tested it myself too, it doesn't work :(
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
adambog wrote:

I got an expert confirming it and tested it myself too, it doesn't work :(

well, too bad

one more thing, i didnt see herald buff in your video (that 40% extra herald effect from scion-ele), is it negligible or not worth reserving extra mana or we cant afford it mana wise?
"
adambog wrote:
one more thing, i didnt see herald buff in your video (that 40% extra herald effect from scion-ele), is it negligible or not worth reserving extra mana or we cant afford it mana wise?

How would it get into my video? :) As the description says, the 3.2 buffs are not in yet. This is the 3.1 Scion that doesn't have any of the good stuff that's coming in 3.2 yet. And still took only a few seconds longer than the Berserker to faceroll the Shaper. I did run HoA just to have a realistic amount of mana but it didn't matter.

The only thing I couldn't keep from the old build was the Purity. It would cost 7 skill points to get enough mana reservation nodes for that, which would drop her ES right about to what the Berserker had. But it's not worth it. Most of the time that extra ES is better than 14% LESS damage taken of 1 element (21% instead of 25% after the resistance check). And for nasty mod combos and T16 boss fights you can always bring flasks. Or run Purity instead of HoA or AA depending on the map.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Alright, the testing in Standard is completed and verified in the latest PoB. Scion Elequisitor does slightly higher damage than the actual Elementalist (which makes me sad) and has significantly more ES. They both do about 25% less damage than the 3.1 Berserker. But what's gone is gone. Instead, the Scion will have higher survivability and reflect immunity.

I'll post the initial version of the Scion build before the new league goes live. She is Lady__Summer in my profile.

Edit:
ops, nvm... forgot that leech on bosses is so much worse with a curse and the LL gem is much better.

Switching AA to blasphemy + WM could allow replacing LL gem with a more multiplier dps gem in the staff - is that a bad idea?

Last edited by PhazerSC on Feb 28, 2018, 10:36:50 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

I've never made a Scion before. Excited :)
IGN - Bichlich
Please PM me to update me on trades.
Instance crash when something dies to Scorching Ray

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2070709/page/3

Has this bug been fixed?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info