[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
Windgaming wrote:

By using unwavering stance you just throw out entire blind mechanic. Not sure if it's worth it.

P.S. Just tried to think about it again, and now "Not sure if it's worth it" changed into "DEFINITELY not worth it". Just use pantheon or something
Last edited by Med1umentor on Mar 1, 2018, 11:16:01 AM
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
Windgaming wrote:

By using unwavering stance you just throw out entire blind mechanic. Not sure if it's worth it.

P.S. Just tried to think about it again, and now "Not sure if it's worth it" changed into "DEFINITELY not worth it". Just use pantheon or something

She doesnt really need blind, double (may make 3) curse (Enfeeble+TC) + 4lvl enhance. It's a standard char that easily destroys Uber Atziri and any other thing. Im only interested in the tree itself, if someone has any advice (i mean you may pick US not if you prefer blind but still follow the same tree). I didnt follow Kelvynn's Ice_legacy way because i lose 208 pure int which result in 410 int and only can compensate 84 pure int resulting in about 190 int and can have 3 free nodes to pick an extra socket, but im pretty sure 200 int not worth it. Anyway if you guys notice something that may be improved i'd be happy to hear your opinion. Thank you.
Last edited by Windgaming on Mar 1, 2018, 11:46:07 AM
"
Windgaming wrote:
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
Windgaming wrote:

She doesnt really need blind, double (may make 3) curse (Enfeeble+TC) + 4lvl enhance. It's a standard char that easily destroys Uber Atziri and any other thing. Im only interested in the tree itself, if someone has any advice. I didnt follow Kelvynn's Ice_legacy way because i lose 208 pure int which result in 410 int and only can compensate 84 pure int resulting in about 190 int and can have 3 free nodes to pick an extra socket, but im pretty sure 200 int not worth it. Anyway if you guys notice something that may be improved i'd be happy to hear your opinion. Thank you.

Curses are quite useless against any serious bosses, so i don't know why you even bring those up, but hey, if you want to throw away so much just for qol, then suit yourself, it's your choice.
"
Med1umentor wrote:

Curses are quite useless against any serious bosses, so i don't know why you even bring those up, but hey, if you want to throw away so much just for qol, then suit yourself, it's your choice.

Oh you don't listen to me, man :P Above I told that you may pick US NOT if you prefer blind mechanics, i chose that way first of all because it gives me significantly more int (Ancestral knowledge, Hard knocks and extra brute force) this is the main reason. Originally, this build wasn't supposed to use use blind at all, but that time we had insta-leech. Today we dont have it but VP is still very good and when you reach high values of ES/DMG you just don't need additional defensive mechanics like blind. Im not trying to recommend this tree to anyone, just want ppl to comment on it (not US, forget about it :))
Last edited by Windgaming on Mar 1, 2018, 12:02:24 PM
"
Windgaming wrote:
"
Med1umentor wrote:

Oh you don't listen to me, man :P Above I told that you may pick US NOT if you prefer blind mechanics, i chose that way first of all because it gives me significantly more int (Ancestral knowledge, Hard knocks and extra brute force) this is the main reason. Originally, this build wasn't supposed to use use blind at all, but that time we had insta-leech. Today we dont have it but VP is still very good and when you reach high values of ES/DMG you just don't need additional defensive mechanics like blind. Im not trying to recommend this tree to anyone, just want ppl to comment on it (not US, forget about it :))

Nah, i got what you said before, that's why i said something like "yeah - your choice, if you have OP gear, you can leave some defense mechanic behind".
I just didn't understand why bring curses to that talk, considering that they are mostly useless against late bosses (enhance helps, but not really) and your defense (ammount of leech count as defense, right?:) ) comes from OP gear, rather than curses. So i couldn't help but retort that point.
Cheers!
Last edited by Med1umentor on Mar 1, 2018, 12:13:44 PM
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
Windgaming wrote:
"
Med1umentor wrote:

Nah, i got what you said before, that's why i said something like "yeah - your choice, if you have OP gear, you can leave some defense mechanic behind".
I just didn't understand why bring curses to that talk, considering that they are mostly useless against late bosses (enhance helps, but not really) and your defense (ammount of leech count as defense, right?:) ) comes from OP gear, rather than curses. So i couldn't help but retort that point.
Cheers!

Ye, u're right, a little misunderstanding. But not only bosses may be dangerous and i like double curse version. This is really lots of fun to watch those packs crawl like a snail :) As you said i can drop US, pick Soul of the BK and use Blind, here comes double curse+blind, it's not a big deal. Still want to hear if this tree prevails over Kelvynn's tested elementalist or not. Interesting, looking forward for both Scion and ele builds after 3.2 is released.
Last edited by Windgaming on Mar 1, 2018, 12:28:58 PM
"
Windgaming wrote:
I didnt follow Kelvynn's Ice_legacy way because i lose 208 pure int which result in 410 int and only can compensate 84 pure int resulting in about 190 int and can have 3 free nodes to pick an extra socket, but im pretty sure 200 int not worth it. Anyway if you guys notice something that may be improved i'd be happy to hear your opinion. Thank you.

I went with more ES as a carry-over from the Berserker version. The old versions pre-ES-nerf completely ignored ES nodes and scaled ES purely from Int and items. But after the nerf it felt a bit squishy. You are using pre-nerf items in Standard, so for you it makes sense to pick up Int nodes instead of ES.

I'll check if this approach can be viable again in the league. But you probably don't have to path through US for it, losing a bunch of unconverted Str nodes between the jewel sockets. Blind is indeed much better than US (poor Shaper missed 2/2 Slams in the video). I don't have any stun issues at all with the Brine King.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 1, 2018, 12:38:42 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Windgaming wrote:
I didnt follow Kelvynn's Ice_legacy way because i lose 208 pure int which result in 410 int and only can compensate 84 pure int resulting in about 190 int and can have 3 free nodes to pick an extra socket, but im pretty sure 200 int not worth it. Anyway if you guys notice something that may be improved i'd be happy to hear your opinion. Thank you.

I went with more ES as a carry-over from the Berserker version. The old versions pre-ES-nerf completely ignored ES nodes and scaled ES purely from Int and items. But after the nerf it felt a bit squishy. You are using pre-nerf items in Standard, so for you it makes sense to pick up Int nodes instead of ES.

I'll check if this approach can be viable again in the league. But you probably don't have to path through US for it, losing a bunch of unconverted Str nodes between the jewel sockets. Blind is indeed much better than US (poor Shaper missed 2/2 Slams in the video). I don't have any stun issues at all with the Brine King.

Thanks for the response. Yes, that bunch of str nodes was a big dilemma for me :P But there's no perfect pathing i suppose... I'll try to use Blind instead of US and Enhance. Thanks again.
I played around in PoB with different combinations of ES and Int nodes. Need to have extremely good ES items to afford trading ES for Int without losing too much ES. It's not going to happen in the league. If you are playing in Standard and have legacy ES gear - sure thing, can drop all pure ES nodes and grab more Int/sockets. But the damage is already not lacking, especially with the new HoA. I'd probably still go with the ES nodes even in Standard and be like that unkillable mega-ES Occultist but with real DPS, killing the bosses before they die of old age :)
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
torllwarlord wrote:
Hi, nice build you got here. I am gonna start this league with this build. Can you please give some efficient leveling tips with scion. Thanks

I'm actually not sure what's the best way to level a caster Scion these days :) Going to research it today. Probably Lightning Tendrils for lv 2-12 like in the old version. And from 12 to 39 Firestorm of course.

Scion unfortunately doesn't get freezing pulse or firestorm either. (unless you have friends :) )
It does get molten strike, which can carry till lvl 12 easily (RRG weap).
At lvl 12 they do get blade vortex though, which is not bad for leveling either. Only drawback I see with it is that you can't craft a +1 weapon for BV as it doesn't have any elemental tags. Good thing that scion gets all 3 of the added gems (cold/fire/lightn.) at lvl 8.
At 16 we could use all 3 heralds and I think BV at that point will carry till we switch to WI.

Leveling tree is trickier... I was thinking about something like this:

At 55 points, with decent spell dmg and life nodes, but will need to respec 14 nodes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info