[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:

Some observations:

1. There are like 20 mull_gubben clones there now, since he posted his full build. CI + Tempest Shield users that are virtually unkillable with hit damage. Yeah, people actually pay $500 to show everybody just how lame and unoriginal they are. :) Dealing with one mull_gubben wasn't hard, it was covered in the old version's Boss Guide. But now those lame mull clones are everywhere, you can expect them in every other wave at random, mixed in with all other random builds. So swapping the weapon that often is not really good. I simply went with an SR totem (SR - totem - burning dmg - EF) to pop near me and fry anything that LW's to me. It helps against some other builds as well.

Wait, are there actually that many copy cats of me now? Haven't been keeping up with the game really lately, so haven't checked out HoGM for 3.0. Didn't think people would actually straight copy me (except for scoli, but he's my guildmate and we worked together to make a better version than my original submission). In either case, I'm sorry :D At least scorching ray still poops on me :(
IGN = Mullgubben
#1 Offensive MF ring! /view-thread/964785
My Grandmaster submission /view-thread/1798190
"
mull_gubben wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Some observations:

1. There are like 20 mull_gubben clones there now, since he posted his full build. CI + Tempest Shield users that are virtually unkillable with hit damage. Yeah, people actually pay $500 to show everybody just how lame and unoriginal they are. :) Dealing with one mull_gubben wasn't hard, it was covered in the old version's Boss Guide. But now those lame mull clones are everywhere, you can expect them in every other wave at random, mixed in with all other random builds. So swapping the weapon that often is not really good. I simply went with an SR totem (SR - totem - burning dmg - EF) to pop near me and fry anything that LW's to me. It helps against some other builds as well.

Wait, are there actually that many copy cats of me now? Haven't been keeping up with the game really lately, so haven't checked out HoGM for 3.0. Didn't think people would actually straight copy me (except for scoli, but he's my guildmate and we worked together to make a better version than my original submission). In either case, I'm sorry :D At least scorching ray still poops on me :(

Even in 2.6 i never completed the HoGM. Definitely everything called _gubben must be nerfed :D
but i know, one day the Justice will Prevail ^^
Last edited by Fanatisme on Sep 4, 2017, 4:17:49 PM
I made a WI last patch only to find I suffer severe lags during casting. With the recent performance improvements, do you think it'll be easier to play it? I realize that this question has nothing to do with the build. But I thought this would be the best place to ask it.
"
mull_gubben wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Some observations:

Yeah, tons of people copied your mechanics, mostly with slight changes, but some look like straight copies.

"
Plushgoroth wrote:
I'm looking into this build. Do you think you can make it work with Bisco's ? Or is Astramentis too difficult to pass on ?

Bisco's? No, that's a really bad idea. This is not one of the mega IIR/IIQ builds.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 4, 2017, 10:35:55 PM
got my first lvl 15 beachhead map today and all things gone fine. Till the last bossroom the game crash and the portals are gone. Thats so ablsolutly fucking bad experience. Got a big amount of xp and tons of t14 maps.
But not to be able finishing the map is totally bullshit. Wrote now the 6 time to ggg of this bug.
Waiting what happsns

at kelvynn i see you finish the challenge. How did you that?
Last edited by ichbinwerichbi on Sep 5, 2017, 7:14:01 AM
Has anyone tried using a bisco's for mapping? Is it possible? How much damage do you lose?
"
Shibby88 wrote:
Has anyone tried using a bisco's for mapping? Is it possible? How much damage do you lose?

I tried it with previous ES ver, witch elementalist (Legacy League) usually on breach/nemesis/bloodline t10 dunes/t11 strand or several times multi-sextanted t13
worked well and efficiently
only needed to swap ring(s) for dex/str enhancement (so -1 to curses)|
not in this league, but with 15k incombat dps i could cut some dps, only thing needed is to upg dex imo

"
got my first lvl 15 beachhead map today and all things gone fine. Till the last bossroom the game crash and the portals are gone. Thats so ablsolutly fucking bad experience. Got a big amount of xp and tons of t14 maps.
But not to be able finishing the map is totally bullshit. Wrote now the 6 time to ggg of this bug.
Waiting what happsns

I had exactly the same bad experience with t15 beachhead, but not with t10...worked fine without crash so this is solution for finishing challenge
i see this issue is still persistent, good to know that...I have some t15 maps i will wait for fix
"Je sens que je suis libre,
mais je sais que je ne le suis pas”
―Emil Mihai Cioran
Last edited by skrecu on Sep 5, 2017, 9:35:04 AM
"
Waiting what happsns

Same here with t15, maybe with slow dps without facetaking can solve the solution?
"
skrecu wrote:
"
Shibby88 wrote:

I tried it with previous ES ver, witch elementalist (Legacy League) usually on breach/nemesis/bloodline t10 dunes/t11 strand or several times multi-sextanted t13
worked well and efficiently
only needed to swap ring(s) for dex/str enhancement (so -1 to curses)|
not in this league, but with 15k incombat dps i could cut some dps, only thing needed is to upg dex imo

Okay, thanks. How is the clearspeed of this build? I basically would like to use this character for T11-T14 bisco's farming and have another character for bosskilling or perhaps use this one if it's decent speed.
"
Waiting what happsns

I did the first Beachhead for the challenge early in the league, before they added more garbage. It didn't crash back then.

And then (after the bad changes) I've done a whole lot of them when I was bored waiting naively on GGG to fix the Alluring Abyss or HoGM crashes and leveled from 92 to 95 - but that was in the 820 groups with high clearspeed people in groups where I mostly just ran behind them and only killed mobs that got near me.

GGG replied to somebody that the reason for the crashes is likely SR. Try using another channelling gem instead of SR (such as Storm Burst). You will lose the nice -24% fire debuff, but you don't really need it for the Gargbingers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info