[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
TheInvestor wrote:
Scanned the whole 9 pages of comments and nobody seems to ask the question if this is HC viable in 3.0 LOL. So @Kelvynn, is this still viable as Berserker in HC as life? I saw the video on how bosses feel with the damage in this build in 3.0 but u were playing SC harbinger and "HC" isn't mentioned anywhere in this whole thread lol. I only play HC cuz im an HC elitist obviously but this build is sick and i tried it before so would like to know if i can still do it in HC and how much life im looking at for endgame? Thanks dood.

This is prolly really tricky to play in hardcore. unlike the CI version in the past that had a really nice and easy progression while leveling after converting to CI early.. the life version you will be playing with very little life while leveling since you dont really get that many life nodes in the tree early. i played like most of the first 8 acts with less than 1.4k hp. and you dont get MoM until like act 10.
@Kelvynn Thanks so much for your dedication to Whispering ice. your build is prolly the one i enjoyed the most to play out of everything ive played in legacy. and i am happy that you didn't abandon it in 3.0, keep up the awesomeness, looking forward to following the fleshing out of this build guide.

but dang, 6s whispering ice are so expensive right now >_<
Last edited by Mishisho on Aug 9, 2017, 5:46:33 PM
"
Mishisho wrote:
@Kelvynn Thanks so much for your dedication to Whispering ice. your build is prolly the one i enjoyed the most to play out of everything ive played in legacy. and i am happy that you didn't abandon it in 3.0, keep up the awesomeness, looking forward to following the fleshing out of this build guide.

The staff isn't so expensive anymore when you look at the prices of Astramentis. It's the only item that I really miss in my build and I'm waiting to drop an exalt to get that amulet ;__;

BTW. I love this build, super strong yet tanky - all bosses melt in seconds :o My 1st character that didn't die on Malachai :D

Do we need to have lots of armor? Or do we focus on life and resists on gear? Reason I'm asking is, in the case of kaom's, 500 life is better then 800 armor, but what if we have 1500 armor and 100 life and resists - how much better will kaom's be then?
"
xamilek789 wrote:
"
Mishisho wrote:

The staff isn't so expensive anymore when you look at the prices of Astramentis. It's the only item that I really miss in my build and I'm waiting to drop an exalt to get that amulet ;__;

BTW. I love this build, super strong yet tanky - all bosses melt in seconds :o My 1st character that didn't die on Malachai :D

Yeah... i kinda went broke after i bought astramentis, payed 70c which was like everything i had at some point for a 99int one and i used a bless and got the 16 implicit so i have one with 1 int from perfect.. but whispering ice is a pretty common staff and its just 6s without proper links yet it costs so much more than ALOT of the non linked 6s uniques (i know its because it doesnt make a difference, but still its pretty expensive right now).

edit: well i bought a +15% int one for 12c just now and divined it and got a 17% int.. i guess thats good enough and didnt further put me into homeless status.
"
i would strongly considering using kaoms roots for this build now, seeing as we're life based, and you dont take the unwavering stance node anymore.
you got stun interrupted so many times in the minotaur video....
while life builds dont get stunned so bad i think it's still pretty detrimental for a build that is channelling and facetank

Some of that was me recasting Orb and using VS. There were some interrupts there near the end from all the falling rocks, but nothing serious. The Brine King rocks.

Kaom's Roots would be bad for this build. Unwavering Stance was good for the CI tri-curse version, but for the Life based one it's very bad because it disables evasion and renders Blind useless. Blind is a great defense, and we really need it now that we can't afford multiple curses.

"
Graiaule wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

"
Graiaule wrote:
Unexpected downside is no one is crafting saintly chainmail or astral plate with int and life, so you have to do that yourself.

Don't bother with that. If you have enough currency for that, just buy Kaom's.

That's one thing I still haven't learned in this game, crafting costs. Kaom's Heart is running at 300c now, where it's 50c per exalt, so 6ex more or less. And you're saying it's cheaper to spend the 6ex than to go craft a good chest. Damn.

Not because it's too expensive, but mostly because you need to get enough life to survive T16/Shaper. That 1k extra life really made a difference for me on Beta.

But as your pre-Shaper armor, crafted Astral Plate can be just fine.

"
TheInvestor wrote:
Scanned the whole 9 pages of comments and nobody seems to ask the question if this is HC viable in 3.0 LOL. So @Kelvynn, is this still viable as Berserker in HC as life? I saw the video on how bosses feel with the damage in this build in 3.0 but u were playing SC harbinger and "HC" isn't mentioned anywhere in this whole thread lol. I only play HC cuz im an HC elitist obviously but this build is sick and i tried it before so would like to know if i can still do it in HC and how much life im looking at for endgame? Thanks dood.

That's because nobody knows yet. I don't know either. 3.0 is brand new and even Beta was not final, they changed some stuff already after Beta. I rarely play HC and haven't tried anything in HC 3.0 yet. From what I see, everybody in HC is running cheap SRS, totem or RF builds. It's easy to die with this build if you are not used to playing it. I wouldn't recommend it unless you are really bored.

"
Mishisho wrote:
6s whispering ice are so expensive right now >_<

Depends on the time of day. If you check during off-peak hours you can find it cheap, I found one for 5c this morning. But you don't need 6S for quite a while. 5S can get you into the red maps. I use Item Rarity in my 6th socket most of the time anyway.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 9, 2017, 7:00:29 PM
"
H3avyM3tal wrote:
Do we need to have lots of armor? Or do we focus on life and resists on gear? Reason I'm asking is, in the case of kaom's, 500 life is better then 800 armor, but what if we have 1500 armor and 100 life and resists - how much better will kaom's be then?

Focus on Int, Life, resists. Just have some AR somewhere. You need 15-20% phys mitigation (without flasks and Tukohama). After that it goes into diminishing returns.

We do cold damage but its converted to fire.....so do adding cold damage boost or damage or fire or both?
again
thanks for all the help.
Now it works really good. I had forget to change the life leech gem to the cold to fire. With the ring the amu and this gem my dmg go from 900 to 2600 :-) and now all is easy.
sometimes small mistakes have great influence (i had took this gem becaus you had it in in begin of your lvl and forgot him).

Now i am verry optimistik that the rest of game till t16 uber and shaper is no problem

and uups. I dont know that my profile is privat. I dont do that. I like so much that your profile is open so we can look what you do. Most build builder dont do so, because they dont like questions like why take you that or that. :-)
Hi Kelvynn ^^
I was wondering if you update the guide, with videos and your gear and such soon ? ^^
And are you going to do it in the comment, or the actual guide ?

Sincerely Snoody

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info