[3.0] In-Depth Baron SRS guide. Including without Baron.

"
inphared wrote:
3) Barons is stupidly high priced right now for me, is there a reliable place to farm it, or do I just stick with a 4L rare helm until I get lucky or can afford it?

You should add "Close Helmet" as a highlight (add it to T1 chancing targets) in your loot filter and chance them, they drop commonly act3/4, much less frequently after that.

Though it seems they also nuked the chance to chance it, in legacy it was 50 average, most reports are from people going 200+ chances without any luck, so I guess the 50 average no longer holds true.

"
inphared wrote:

4) Lastly, my weapon. I'm still using a 1H 3-L wand with SRS/Melee Splash/M.Speed & a crappy shield. What's my best option to get a 2H staff?

Thanks in advance, really enjoying this spec so far.

If not playing SSF, you can buy either a 6L staff and alt it for +2 fire, or a 6L mace and shrieking essence of rage on it for +2 fire. From there you can craft the +3 when you have the resources / master. Supposed to be cheaper with the mace (and it lets you use leap slam), though no cast speed and maybe more luck involved (colouring might be harder too).

If playing SSF, you can farm cards for either:
- 6L staff: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Dark_Mage (farm in a T9 or T15)
- 6L mace: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Warlord (farm in a T10)

@theuberelite: for crafting the mace, wouldn't it be cheaper and less random to use an essence until you get a 1 prefix / 3 suffix mace? you'd be then likely to annul a suffix, and if not maybe remake a 1 prefix / 3 suffix with essences rather than annul again and risk paying multiple exalts for the +1?
Last edited by Gorkk on Aug 16, 2017, 2:51:09 PM
"
Gorkk wrote:

"
inphared wrote:

4) Lastly, my weapon. I'm still using a 1H 3-L wand with SRS/Melee Splash/M.Speed & a crappy shield. What's my best option to get a 2H staff?

If not playing SSF, you can buy either a 6L staff and alt it for +2 fire, or a 6L mace and shrieking essence of rage on it for +2 fire. From there you can craft the +3 when you have the resources / master. Supposed to be cheaper with the mace (and it lets you use leap slam), though no cast speed and maybe more luck involved (colouring might be harder too).

After hearing about the Close Helm chances & I decided it's probably not worth it. I am just going to go the route of a +1 helm that you can craft I think. Until I can get a bone helm to do it to.

As for the staff, what does alt mean? I see that everywhere but don't get the terminology. If it's that easy, I would definitely consider just going that route. Also, I need to get Vagan to level 7 for blood magic, right? Cause at the moment, you can see I'm using a fairly crappy 1H wand with only 3 sockets, which I feel is nerfing my dmg a fair amount. Thanks!!!

Oh & I'm not SSF, just HSC.
Last edited by Tanaomit on Aug 16, 2017, 3:07:30 PM
"
Tanaomit wrote:
"
Gorkk wrote:

"
inphared wrote:

After hearing about the Close Helm chances & I decided it's probably not worth it. I am just going to go the route of a +1 helm that you can craft I think. Until I can get a bone helm to do it to.

As for the staff, what does alt mean? I see that everywhere but don't get the terminology. If it's that easy, I would definitely consider just going that route. Also, I need to get Vagan to level 7 for blood magic, right? Cause at the moment, you can see I'm using a fairly crappy 1H wand with only 3 sockets, which I feel is nerfing my dmg a fair amount. Thanks!!!

Oh & I'm not SSF, just HSC.

Go for a +1 crafted helm first then when at the level alt a +2 minion on a 4l bbrr, this will get you far enough in maps.

For the staff, if 6l you don't need vagan craft immediately, but before you get it you'll use blood magic support in it. 6l staff is more expensive than 6l mace though, so you can buy a 6l mace and a shrieking essence of rage and get a +2 fire mace that way.

Note: when I and others say alt in this context in means rerolling a magic item with orb of alteration (need ilvl 55 for the +2 fire I think)
"
Gorkk wrote:

Go for a +1 crafted helm first then when at the level alt a +2 minion on a 4l bbrr, this will get you far enough in maps.

For the staff, if 6l you don't need vagan craft immediately, but before you get it you'll use blood magic support in it. 6l staff is more expensive than 6l mace though, so you can buy a 6l mace and a shrieking essence of rage and get a +2 fire mace that way.

Note: when I and others say alt in this context in means rerolling a magic item with orb of alteration (need ilvl 55 for the +2 fire I think)

What kind of stats should I be looking for on a staff then, aside from +2 fire. I have an exalted orb, 6 chaos & a prophecy that lets me link 5 sockets with 1 orb that sells for around 30 chaos. If I sold all that stuff, I could have enough to buy a 6 linked +2 staff right away. Just not sure what one I should get, since there are so many listed. If I could get like an order of importance/value of the secondary stats that would be great. That way I can have my end-game weapon basically without having to rely on chance. Thanks!
Last edited by Tanaomit on Aug 17, 2017, 12:44:27 AM
How much strength should I have as a general benchmark for endgame mapping? I've had to sacrifice some strength for dexterity since I decided to stick with Bisco's collar.
"
Tanaomit wrote:
"
Gorkk wrote:

What kind of stats should I be looking for on a staff then, aside from +2 fire. I have an exalted orb, 6 chaos & a prophecy that lets me link 5 sockets with 1 orb that sells for around 30 chaos. If I sold all that stuff, I could have enough to buy a 6 linked +2 staff right away. Just not sure what one I should get, since there are so many listed. If I could get like an order of importance/value of the secondary stats that would be great. That way I can have my end-game weapon basically without having to rely on chance. Thanks!

Most important thing is to avoid the +cold/fire damage to spells as that would mess your Elemental Equilibrium, then cast speed is always nice, and if you can get life/resists all the better.

Edit : by the way @theuberelite, you did a slight formatting mistake for the +3 options with the update, as the +3 mace option is within the +3 staff group.
Last edited by Gorkk on Aug 17, 2017, 2:35:25 PM
"
Gorkk wrote:

Most important thing is to avoid the +cold/fire damage to spells as that would mess your Elemental Equilibrium, then cast speed is always nice, and if you can get life/resists all the better.

Edit : by the way @theuberelite, you did a slight formatting mistake for the +3 options with the update, as the +3 mace option is within the +3 staff group.

TYVM for all the help, I appreciate it. I accidentally enchanted my gloves after a lab last night & got one that does a skill that sends out cold damage when hit or something like that. Going to have to scrub them & start over since I didn't realize that could happen.

Also, I am going to get a bone helmet & hope to get lucky with some rolls on it. What would you suggest as the stats, aside from the obvious minion damage. I will be using a 5/6L staff, so I won't have SRS in it.

Lastly, how are people able to use both Hatred & Haste? If I use both aura's I have like 100 mana & it disappears ASAP, it is unsustainable at the moment.
Last edited by Tanaomit on Aug 17, 2017, 3:37:12 PM
I have been following this guide, and I think im quite well-geared at this point.

But I feel like I'm dieing very easily.

Could anyone take a look at my profile and give me any pointers on upgrades?
"
"
Mazie wrote:
I have been following this guide, and I think im quite well-geared at this point.

But I feel like I'm dieing very easily.

Could anyone take a look at my profile and give me any pointers on upgrades?

Your character screen is not public.

Appologies, now it is :)
What are you dying to?
It's most likely just due to your levels.
If you're res capped, I can't see you having many problems with the gear you have.
Highly recommend Decoy Totem though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info