[3.0] In-Depth Baron SRS guide. Including without Baron.

"
fwrento wrote:
Hello, I'm new to POE trying out this build and almost covered the core items. Which item upgrade should I get next?

Also: while the damage is omfg insane and clear speed is good, I'm sometimes having problems surviving. Do you cast the decoy totem vs every mob or only bosses?
Maybe because I was used to using zombies just meatshielding everything while I cast SRS. Now I have to play more carefully.

Also, in the video you have flesh offering not on CWDT, but in the guide it does, which is easier? Do you keep desecrate?

I'm running the auras: haste and hatred and spam 2 quicksilver pots to get around.

I'm not even using zombies and I haven't died a single time yet with this build.
I noticed that you're using a lot ES items, that might be the reason why you keep dying, have you and if so how much have you deviated from talent tree build? I've seen in his video he's using only armor items.

What I mainly do is, I drop a spell totem with the SRS and drop a frost bomb near it, then I start on to spam cast my other SRS which I'm experiementing with as it has a combo of ruthless support and melee splash and others minion support.

Quick question, when you die, is there a specific pattern forming - like when entering a room or getting rushed, etc.?
"
Tormentaius wrote:
"
fwrento wrote:
Hello, I'm new to POE trying out this build and almost covered the core items. Which item upgrade should I get next?

Also: while the damage is omfg insane and clear speed is good, I'm sometimes having problems surviving. Do you cast the decoy totem vs every mob or only bosses?
Maybe because I was used to using zombies just meatshielding everything while I cast SRS. Now I have to play more carefully.

Also, in the video you have flesh offering not on CWDT, but in the guide it does, which is easier? Do you keep desecrate?

I'm running the auras: haste and hatred and spam 2 quicksilver pots to get around.

I'm not even using zombies and I haven't died a single time yet with this build.
I noticed that you're using a lot ES items, that might be the reason why you keep dying, have you and if so how much have you deviated from talent tree build? I've seen in his video he's using only armor items.

What I mainly do is, I drop a spell totem with the SRS and drop a frost bomb near it, then I start on to spam cast my other SRS which I'm experiementing with as it has a combo of ruthless support and melee splash and others minion support.

Quick question, when you die, is there a specific pattern forming - like when entering a room or getting rushed, etc.?

I'm copying the build (for passive tree) as closely as I could. I might not get the order of priorities right, but everything else should be exactly the same.. Here is the tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAAPuBAcEsw3iDjwRLRRxFScWbxcvGJEaOBzcHb4kqicLKPosnDLRM4c26TpSOlg8LUGHRUdIjkyzUEdVxlXWWfNakWFSZOdmnmebaGVqQ2qsa9tyD3Kpdqx8g4CkggeCx4Nfg7aDzIPbhmCG0Yyxjr6PGpBVksGUb5itm4qiAKh9rKqtja4-tz64k7yfvOq-T8BmxPbGrs9-0B_T-9i92XzfsONq5FHqGOvu7IrvDu_r8933Mvjr-ej60v4K?accountName=fwrento&characterName=fwrento

ES aren't intentional, I just took whatever gear was available and not expensive.

I have 3.4k hp at 67, the most usual death for me is getting blown up by unexpected projectiles. There was one set in one of the maps that looked like a slow moving, homing red bubble, and it just instantly kills me whenever I'm not paying attention. I'm not getting mobbed/anything, just random projectiles blowing up and oneshotting me. My res is almost capped and still looking for some more res gear.
"
fwrento wrote:
ES aren't intentional, I just took whatever gear was available and not expensive.

I have 3.4k hp at 67, the most usual death for me is getting blown up by unexpected projectiles. There was one set in one of the maps that looked like a slow moving, homing red bubble, and it just instantly kills me whenever I'm not paying attention. I'm not getting mobbed/anything, just random projectiles blowing up and oneshotting me. My res is almost capped and still looking for some more res gear.

Maybe it's time to upgrade yr gear from the "not expensive" to average price?

There are a tons of upgrade u can do with yr gear. Almost every slot is not optimize.

The gear section is where you should be heading to on the front page.
"
Back to step 1 if you don't regal a suffix.

Any suffix at all or any suffix I like?
Hi guys, here's a Shaper kill video with Baron SRS : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsjzF-mXE4o

Hit 100 on HSC :D
Was always interested in SRS but always got scared of the previous iterations- gearing up process of CI/LL.
Was watching Uberelite race with this on Mayhem/Turmoil and it looked real good.

Overall, bossing is pretty comfortable once you start gearing up. Have no issue with Shaper/Guardians(except Mino)
I felt that Minotaur was the scariest for this build as the arena is a clusterfuck and the boss fight doesn't really allow you to rotate your skills(offering/bl/decoy) too often, spent most of the time running around haha
I also completed Uber Atziri a few times, didn't record it as my FPS goes to 10-15 in her split phase. Have a 50/50 success rate on her so far, bad play and just some RNG split phase. Also found that keeping melee splash instead of swapping in multistrike helps alot in Trio fight surprisingly.

For mapping I went
Shaped Dunes
Shaped Wharf (kinda meh but safe and easy to run; should have ran with no T11 in hindsight)
Shaped Ashen Wood
Shaped Cemetery
Shaped Temple (Skip boss for this...)

Beachhead is dope for SRS too, though the final room can be a tad overwhelming with the most recent changes.

The dervish swap blew my mind when I tried it LUL! That's pretty damn genius.

Great build dude!
Last edited by ariansani on Aug 28, 2017, 11:33:00 AM
Hey guys, level 84 now & comfortably mapping T9/10 maps, aside from two that are being a nightmare for me. The first one is the boss at the end of the Malformation maps. The second is the boss at the end of the Orchard map. All the other ones are not really an issue so far.

That's my gear. The Malformation boss is one shotting me with his channeled beam. Do I just have to stay in his face & try & run from it, or am I missing something? The Orchard one for some reason isn't letting me use Flesh Offering on the skeleton adds that she spawns. If I can't use that, I'm too slow to run from the green AoE attack, without a speed potion.

Any help would be appreciated.
"
Tanaomit wrote:
Hey guys, level 84 now & comfortably mapping T9/10 maps, aside from two that are being a nightmare for me. The first one is the boss at the end of the Malformation maps. The second is the boss at the end of the Orchard map. All the other ones are not really an issue so far.

That's my gear. The Malformation boss is one shotting me with his channeled beam. Do I just have to stay in his face & try & run from it, or am I missing something? The Orchard one for some reason isn't letting me use Flesh Offering on the skeleton adds that she spawns. If I can't use that, I'm too slow to run from the green AoE attack, without a speed potion.

Any help would be appreciated.

imo, SRS does not favor long fights. Your gear is very much basic to mapping. If u want to progress more smoothly (zerg the boss down in secs), you have to start max/min.

Since SRS is "spell", level of gem contribute most to yr dps, so getting a +3 staff, 21/20 srs and empower 4 is the way to go. Also making 20q on yr gems helps.

Pushing for higher stat on your current gear also helps if u have the opportunity to upgrade them for a good price, e.g. Kaom's Root with 200 life and enchant 2% regen is u are hit recently.

Jewels are Super Expensive atm, but u can try to snip the cheaper ones. jewels with resis will help u ease alot of problems on yr gear.

Last edited by Xafniko on Aug 29, 2017, 12:40:26 AM
Thank you very much for that build. Very very detailed, even for SSF/HC, awesome and funny to play. I got used to the playstil pretty fast. Surprisingly this build turned out to be very tanky, even with shitty life rolled gear and with the full sc tree. The damage is insane, and even with 3k Armor its imo pretty good for Uber lab. Argus and Izaro are almost no problem at all due to the decoy totem. You mostly kill/end the phase faster than he can kill the decoy totem. Also its "pretty" cheap, sure the baron is pretty expensive compared to last league, but if you can afford it, this build is insane strong. Also the 6l staff cost almost nothing.

Edit: can somebody explain the Dervish mecanic again? I just dont get it :D
Edit 2: Is the more tankier tree not even better because it has way more strength and strength means more damage? Im at 628 strength rn but with biscos and pretty good strength rolls on everything, so ~740 with Astra. With the other tree i would be able to stack ~950 strength.
Last edited by OuZz on Aug 29, 2017, 1:09:49 PM
"
ariansani wrote:

Great build dude!

Glad to hear it's Shaper/Atziri viable. I am farming T12/13 maps comfortably ATM although my survivability seems like shit on some bosses. How did you find it? I have 75%+ res & 7.5k HP but some map bosses hit like trucks right through it. I forget which one but it's a big guy with 2 smaller adds that shoot light damage & put puddles of it on the ground. Even with my res the way it is, it chews through my HP like nothing.

Hoping to get a Baron & Belly of the Beast soon, but a week of farming has turned up nothing profit wise for me. RNGesus is not my friend it would seem.

Also, I watched his video & read the Rampage section but the Dirvish swap still doesn't make a ton of sense to me. Are you able to explain it any better? From what I am guessing, I swap to Dirvish, try to kill 2-3 mobs to proc Rampage & then switch back?
Last edited by Tanaomit on Aug 30, 2017, 12:54:41 PM
"
Tanaomit wrote:
"
ariansani wrote:

Great build dude!

Also, I watched his video & read the Rampage section but the Dirvish swap still doesn't make a ton of sense to me. Are you able to explain it any better? From what I am guessing, I swap to Dirvish, try to kill 2-3 mobs to proc Rampage & then switch back?

I didnt understand it either, but i googled a bit, and found the solution in a reddit post.
"Dancing Dervish has it's own inbuilt spell called "Manifest Dancing Dervish". This spell is triggered by the Dancing Dervish sword when you enter a rampage, and causes you to lose your weapon slot for the duration of the rampage.
Support gems socketed in gear apply to linked skill gems, as well as inbuilt skills, such as Manifest Dancing Dervish. This means that CWDT is supporting Manifest Dancing Dervish. (You're supposed to socket minion and melee supports to buff your Manifested Dancing Dervish minion.)
When a skill is affected by two trigger effects, it does not activate ever. Remember that Dancing Dervish has it's own trigger effect, and CWDT is a support gem with a trigger effect.
The end result is that you get the effects of Rampage from Dancing Dervish, but you do not lose your weapon slot."

"What you do is, Summon>Swap>Get 1-10 kills>Swap Back.
If you get up to 20 kills Dancing Dervish will animate itself and lock you out of your weapons unless you have a CWDT socketed in the weapon itself."

"Once rampage starts it doesn't stop until you stop killing. Low lvl cwdt is because of the level requirement for manifest dervish"

Source:
Spoiler
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6m48mh/an_overview_of_my_baron_srs_build_from_the_2_week/

Last edited by OuZz on Aug 30, 2017, 1:58:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info