[3.0] In-Depth Baron SRS guide. Including without Baron.

"
I looked up your guide, curious by lvl 100 in just a week, then I noticed importing it into PoB that it has measly 300k dps, meanwhile my 1.800million dps srs still struggles to lvl to 95. What is the secret here?

Is your problem that you keep dying, thus losing XP toward getting to 100?

Because that sounds like a damage vs survivability trade-off to me. Lower damage, less deaths, is usually faster overall. Dead exiles do no levelling. :)
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
I looked up your guide, curious by lvl 100 in just a week, then I noticed importing it into PoB that it has measly 300k dps, meanwhile my 1.800million dps srs still struggles to lvl to 95. What is the secret here?

Is your problem that you keep dying, thus losing XP toward getting to 100?

Because that sounds like a damage vs survivability trade-off to me. Lower damage, less deaths, is usually faster overall. Dead exiles do no levelling. :)

I am not mechanically skilled. I have legacy toh, legacy rumi, legacy div. distillate (6 res), bone offering on cwdt and 10500 es though.
AND the main defense of srs is "kill them before AI awakes them fully". Which would not be possible with 300k dps. Damn, sometimes even volcano breaches were sketchy. Did he level to 100 in T2 oasis?
Why bother finding a Mirror of Kalandra if it can be [Removed by Support]
Killing the Elder or Shaper while following someone's build is like finding a street using google maps - such an achievement!
Is there an updated version of this build for 3.1?
I'm also interested to know what happen to the build in 3.1, especially with the nerf to The Baron (half strength).
"
Zankai wrote:
I'm also interested to know what happen to the build in 3.1, especially with the nerf to The Baron (half strength).

It'd continue to work just as it does now, but with slightly lower damage buffs from the helmet. OTOH, that is actually a much smaller reduction than it seems thanks to the change of "30% less added damage" to "15% less added damage", which helps make the skull-bois stronglier.
"
I am not mechanically skilled. I have legacy toh, legacy rumi, legacy div. distillate (6 res), bone offering on cwdt and 10500 es though.
AND the main defense of srs is "kill them before AI awakes them fully". Which would not be possible with 300k dps. Damn, sometimes even volcano breaches were sketchy. Did he level to 100 in T2 oasis?

Well, playing only lower level, safer maps is certainly an answer to how to avoid dying. I also, obviously, can't say that SRS "must" be done a particular way, or speak to anything outside my experience, but:

In my experience, using SRS to kill things super-fast is a great defense up until somewhere in yellow tier maps. Then it just stops being all that reachable, and you have to deal with bigger mechanics, faster spikes, and ultimately, having defenses that don't stop at "kill them before they get a shot off".

Beyond that, and even earlier in many ways, you are actually better served with significantly lower damage, but, for example, using shield charge + fortify, or defensive curses, or having higher block + effective health, so that you can survive if you mess something up. A nice, fast movement skill as well as reasonable base movement speed also help a lot, because not being in the way of the explosion is a big boost to not dying of it.

So, based on my experience I would assume that the reason they only have 300k DPS, instead of the much higher value you do, is because they invested more into gear with +life or +es, or more defensive / support skills, things like that. Not that your description of your defenses is bad, or that they sound super-low or anything.

There is lots of assumption in there, though. So, y'know, I could be completely wrong about why that happened and all.
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"

Well, playing only lower level, safer maps is certainly an answer to how to avoid dying. I also, obviously, can't say that SRS "must" be done a particular way, or speak to anything outside my experience, but:

In my experience, using SRS to kill things super-fast is a great defense up until somewhere in yellow tier maps. Then it just stops being all that reachable, and you have to deal with bigger mechanics, faster spikes, and ultimately, having defenses that don't stop at "kill them before they get a shot off".

Beyond that, and even earlier in many ways, you are actually better served with significantly lower damage, but, for example, using shield charge + fortify, or defensive curses, or having higher block + effective health, so that you can survive if you mess something up. A nice, fast movement skill as well as reasonable base movement speed also help a lot, because not being in the way of the explosion is a big boost to not dying of it.

So, based on my experience I would assume that the reason they only have 300k DPS, instead of the much higher value you do, is because they invested more into gear with +life or +es, or more defensive / support skills, things like that. Not that your description of your defenses is bad, or that they sound super-low or anything.

There is lots of assumption in there, though. So, y'know, I could be completely wrong about why that happened and all.

Nice response. I have creeping suspicion, that if srs I spawn started attacking immediately, instead of after 0,5 secs, it would be much, much safer to play
Why bother finding a Mirror of Kalandra if it can be [Removed by Support]
Killing the Elder or Shaper while following someone's build is like finding a street using google maps - such an achievement!
Has TheuberClips posted the build he is using this league? Isn't it going to be srs?
iv having major mana issues cant even cast srs more then 5 times without running out of mana and that with clarity at level 16 what am i missing ? i do have hatred on aswell

Going good here so far! I was a little worried for a bit there cause this isn't my usual play style but my friends talked me into playing SRS lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info