[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

isn't this a three totem build?
Hey, I'm definitely gonna try it. Can you fix levelling passive trees?
What is the deal with the western-most nodes Righteous Army and Spiritual Aid on your passive tree?

From what I can tell, minion damage does not apply to totems, and this CANT be for the level 11 lightning golem.

Are they like changed nodes from a different patch or something? Either way, +1 for a fresh tree for 3.6! I'm a bit lost here.

EDIT: helpful player messaged me in-game to point out that the minion modifiers would also affect totems with Spiritual Aid. Thanks!
Last edited by wolfslice on Mar 10, 2019, 6:10:42 AM
Last edited by Fyyar on Mar 10, 2019, 10:03:18 AM
"
leroy989 wrote:
"
Wonkie wrote:
You say nothing about the getting the 4th totem, how do you gonna get that? The new shaper item gives you that I believe, but thats not really league starting?

Since when was having 4 totems a requirement? I was under the impression that having 3 totems is plenty strong and if anything a 4th is just icing on the cake and with every build when it comes to further power creep comes from endgame gearing which I would consider getting that 4th totem to fall under.

I imagine cause he's calling the build quad frostbolt people are assuming 4?
In the video he mentions that it feels painful fighting bosses. Was wondering is that still true, since the video is a bit old?

I didn't really like my league starters so far in Synthesis and was considering going back to totems. Thought this might be fun?

i've been playing this build and right now it is still very strong. i can't really say yet how it will do for the endgame for the single target but right now im doing maps between 4-10 and its all pretty smooth. dex is anoying to get but when you get pandemonius + dex on rings it shouldnt be that much of an issue. Also belly and taryn are really cheap so starting this build wont cost you more than 10c
For four totems, you get one extra off of the Ancestral Bond node in your passives tree, another from the Pursuit of Faith ascendancy, and the third from the +1 to totems on your shield.

The shields that carry that modifier are available at level 56, and run anywhere from 1C to 1EX depending on type and stats.

Alternatively, you could go with a Soul Mantle body armor (getting up to five totems with the chest ...), but that is a build variant of its own, due to the (dis)abilities on that specific piece of armor.

Hope this helps.
+1 totem on shield means we have to use a single weapon not the staff
"
Gorantia wrote:
i've been playing this build and right now it is still very strong. i can't really say yet how it will do for the endgame for the single target but right now im doing maps between 4-10 and its all pretty smooth. dex is anoying to get but when you get pandemonius + dex on rings it shouldnt be that much of an issue. Also belly and taryn are really cheap so starting this build wont cost you more than 10c

what are you using all that dex for?

also, will multiple totem gem be worth it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info