[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

"
AsPalacesBurn wrote:
how do you use both vaal haste gems don't they both go on soul lock when used?

That's an old throwback to pre-"Patch 3.3". Just use something else like Vaal Lightning Trap since it won't share cooldowns. My 5L chestpiece is running:

Arcane Surge - Vaal Haste - Efficacy - Inc. Duration - Proj. Weakness (self-cast)

Vaal Lightning Trap would be used to burst the more nuttier mobs and bosses, but if you're worried about defenses, you could instead use Vaal Cold Snap for the constant chill effect, plus any Frenzy charges you get helps with getting your totems out faster, so there's less time standing still. The only downside is the cast time for both putting you in awkward situations.

I suppose you could also try to use Vaal Summon Skeletons just to have more bodies on the field for the enemies to attack so they don't focus you the entire time, especially in cases where enemies can't be taunted (like Shaper Guardians, for example). I'm pretty sure they won't do damage though, but who cares.

Vaal Haste also had its duration nerfed into the ground which is why I threw in the Efficacy as well. It may be worth running a Soul Catcher flask if you really want to sustain its uptime but I don't think it's worth it to sacrifice mitigation and immunity flasks.

On another note, I crafted this staff very early on during leveling (iLvl 58) which has carried me through very nicely while trying to 6L the Taryn's myself.

Last edited by ChaoMing on Dec 31, 2018, 1:26:13 PM
Hi is option use http://poe.trade/search/utenihatotomim - Soul Mantle Spidersilk Robe instead Taryn's Shiver?

I Am planing 7-link Frostbolt (with GMP gem). And two weapons or weapons and shield Flame Dash has cooldown. I want use Whirling Blades as movement skill.

I'm at a loss where 155 Dexterity is supposed to come from on this build.
"
Vocasek9 wrote:
Hi is option use http://poe.trade/search/utenihatotomim - Soul Mantle Spidersilk Robe instead Taryn's Shiver?

I Am planing 7-link Frostbolt (with GMP gem). And two weapons or weapons and shield Flame Dash has cooldown. I want use Whirling Blades as movement skill.

If you're going to be using Soul Mantle, you'll need 2 x Kikazarus for reduced curse effectiveness on you along with the corrupted gem Self-Flagellation, that way you can go to town spamming your totems and debuffing yourself with 9~12 curses that don't do anything to you and giving yourself a hefty damage boost.

Use this guide as a basis for your build. And don't forget the wise words of Mathil: don't follow a build exactly to the tee or you're setting yourself up for failure.

"
CarpeDonnelly wrote:
I'm at a loss where 155 Dexterity is supposed to come from on this build.

I have one skill point in the big +30 Dex node and a Jade Amulet with +60 Dex. Being statcucked really is the worst thing in the world.

So Frostbolt got some love this patch....how does this make Frosbolt totems look for 3.6?
Is this tanky or squishy? Viable for HC?
Build updated for 3.6 - and it is looking stronger than ever.

Frostbolt changes: (it's a buff)

- Mana Cost at gem level 20 is now 25 (was 20).
- Now deals 9 to 13 Cold damage at gem level 1 (from 6 to 10) and 972 to 1458 Cold damage at gem level 20 (from 753 to 1129)

Changes to the build:

- Skill-gems have been changed and optimized.
- Updated & Optimized the skill-tree.
- Added the Bottled Faith flask to the setup.
- Removed the Silver Flask in favour of Quicksilver flask of Adrenaline.
- Re-added the Pandemonius as "BiS" amulet choice.
- Removed the Winds of Change gloves in favor for Maligaro's Virtuosity

Good luck in Synthesis League guys!

Best of luck!

LNB
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
You say nothing about the getting the 4th totem, how do you gonna get that? The new shaper item gives you that I believe, but thats not really league starting?
Last edited by Wonkie on Mar 8, 2019, 8:55:40 AM
"
Wonkie wrote:
You say nothing about the getting the 4th totem, how do you gonna get that? The new shaper item gives you that I believe, but thats not really league starting?

Since when was having 4 totems a requirement? I was under the impression that having 3 totems is plenty strong and if anything a 4th is just icing on the cake and with every build when it comes to further power creep comes from endgame gearing which I would consider getting that 4th totem to fall under.
Just an FYI that all the linked passive trees are broken in the guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info