[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

"
vance_OH wrote:
The Frozen Trail jewels seem a bit expensive, what's the best way to get them when this is my first build in this league? What level should I have them by?

I bought my first one and the second I got as a quest reward for killing Innocence in act 5
Best weapon crafted would be a +3 Cold staff, atm sitting confty in a +1, will switch soon to a +2, sceptre then go for a +2 staff. I am getting close to lvl 40 and dmg feels pretty ok in a 3L.

Forgot to use Arcane Surge for some reason. Will have it with power charge on crit + incr crit chance and it should reach the mana threshold to proc the surge and for power charge generation on bosses.

"
What are the possible ways to increase the damage of your frostbolt totems? I'm level 35, bought a frozen trailer jewel, but the damage just seems way to low. Any tips?

Also when I can afford a 5l staff, am I supposed to craft stats on it ? If so which stats and what does the process look like? +3 to cold gems? What is the goal?

I agree big time! I've always been a fan of liftingnerdbro's builds, and played many of them with great success, but this is the worst time I've ever had playing his build.........(for me anyway). I went with the skills he mentioned and the damage just is way too slow!!!......Heck, it took me forever to kill Vaal in Act 2 and had to port out 3 times, even killing some of the rares are painful....... I took the exact skill tree he mentioned for the first 35 points and using freezing pulse, but it's just too painful to continue...I made it up to level 28........

Back to build hunting........Think I will research some other builds in the forum........
"
Mentoya wrote:
"
What are the possible ways to increase the damage of your frostbolt totems? I'm level 35, bought a frozen trailer jewel, but the damage just seems way to low. Any tips?

Also when I can afford a 5l staff, am I supposed to craft stats on it ? If so which stats and what does the process look like? +3 to cold gems? What is the goal?

I agree big time! I've always been a fan of liftingnerdbro's builds, and played many of them with great success, but this is the worst time I've ever had playing his build.........(for me anyway). I went with the skills he mentioned and the damage just is way too slow!!!......Heck, it took me forever to kill Vaal in Act 2 and had to port out 3 times, even killing some of the rares are painful....... I took the exact skill tree he mentioned for the first 35 points and using freezing pulse, but it's just too painful to continue...I made it up to level 28........

Back to build hunting........Think I will research some other builds in the forum........

LNB made the build for HC, it is viable in HC that is why he is not using any herals to have bigger mana pool for MOM. I play softcore so I am certain that I will not go down to marauder area and go for more dmg. Get some more dmg, use Elemental Overload till you get high enough crit.
"
painguard wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:
"

LNB made the build for HC, it is viable in HC that is why he is not using any herals to have bigger mana pool for MOM. I play softcore so I am certain that I will not go down to marauder area and go for more dmg. Get some more dmg, use Elemental Overload till you get high enough crit.

Ahh, so this build only works in HC? Damn, I must have missed that on his video......Oh well, I'm sure it's in his guide somewhere. Yea, I only play SC, no wonder the build isn't working...........
Im now lvl 48 and am truly enjoying this build. Just reading some of the recent comments and I did feel somewhat like that in the 30s. I ended up grabbing 4-link gloves and that extra dps made a difference. I also bought the 2 gems early from poe.trade with whatever currency I could scrounge and with 5 orbs firing its great. He admits that the single target isnt great, and I agree, but thats not the point of the build. The Act 5 boss took awhile, but its a relatively safe build with all the hp and mana nodes.
In Cruel now this is still wiping non-boss mobs easily. So far Im enjoying this totem build more than FB or Fire. I guess I should also note I picked up a Sulfur flask which kicks up the dmg even more.
"
Wh1teWalker wrote:
Im now lvl 48 and am truly enjoying this build. Just reading some of the recent comments and I did feel somewhat like that in the 30s. I ended up grabbing 4-link gloves and that extra dps made a difference. I also bought the 2 gems early from poe.trade with whatever currency I could scrounge and with 5 orbs firing its great. He admits that the single target isnt great, and I agree, but thats not the point of the build. The Act 5 boss took awhile, but its a relatively safe build with all the hp and mana nodes.
In Cruel now this is still wiping non-boss mobs easily. So far Im enjoying this totem build more than FB or Fire. I guess I should also note I picked up a Sulfur flask which kicks up the dmg even more.

Maybe I just need to be more patient.........Part of my frustration is that my RNG has been terrible....I'm level 25ish and I still don't have even 1 chaos........That sucks when you need to buy gems that you depend on.....No way will I be able to wait until act 5 to get the gem from the quest reward, as I'll never survive act 4 at this rate lol......
Frostbolts feel like shit without the Jewel. I don't have enough time to play this days as I work all day(my luck when every league starts) so I asked friends to pick up a jewel for me when they reach act 5, one didn't need any jewel for himself so he got one for me. I do NOT suggest going totem yet if you are in SC, one/two casts usually kill any pack and move on. I plan to keep going selfcast untill I get a good staff/atm using shield with cast speed and a +1. Every level on Frostbolt means like 20%ish dmg.
Please update the tree!
Hit 42, playing like this:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAQHBLMJqgthEMwWQBzcHRQfAiBuKhMy0TbFRUdMs1AwWG1Y5VnzWitkM2aeaPJyD3sggpuD84uMjxqPRpo7ogCnCK9swGbAmsau0B_YJNn8217hc-vu7-vwH_iT-d360v6H?accountName=dustofdeath&characterName=KetecFBT

I have ignored any crit and staff specific nodes for now - and focus on the skeleton (+10 nodes to equip the gear/upgrade gems) then some life and dmg/cast speed/power charges after i got my ancestry.

I did not take Ancestral Bond (not until i have a solid build and hierophant tree finished).

I use 2x 1h maces iv found for now.

Vortex if i need extra distance attacks or Vortex and blasphemy + frostbite (aura cold resist debuff).

Did not take Mind over matter just yet - no survival problems.

Bought the jewels (2 and 3 chaos for 10% perf ones - market is quite competitive).

With the very little random ES i have from gear - barely ever breaks and i rarely have to heal.

The unique staff sounds like a tough one to get so i likely go for one of the +global crit chance staffs when i start taking the staff crit nodes. Until then - i'll stay one handed so i won't gimp myself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info