[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

Thanks everyone for all your comments and suggestions. I think part of my problem is that I rushed to try and get to the jewel using the 34 points passive tree that Lifting suggested... Thus I ended up taking a ton of int nodes and a few others on the passive tree. But I hardly took any damage nodes and so here I am starting act 3 with little damage and pretty crappy gear too and it takes me forever to kills stuff..... I have about 4 respect points, so I"m thinking I can respect out of the ones that lead to the jewel(since I can't afford it anyway and respect into some of the Ele damage and Spell damage ones Lifting suggested on the 34 points Tree.....Perhaps that will help me, then once I get 2 chaos, then I move towards the jewel slots......
Hello, can anyone explain, why these gems have levels limited? (Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 9), Immortal Call (lvl 10), Flame Golem (lvl 10) & Increased Duration (max lvl)
In the Video he has 6 Power Charges.

3 Standard
2 from the Tree

What i am missing?
https://www.twitch.tv/der_rasierer
"
Mentoya wrote:
Thanks everyone for all your comments and suggestions. I think part of my problem is that I rushed to try and get to the jewel using the 34 points passive tree that Lifting suggested... Thus I ended up taking a ton of int nodes and a few others on the passive tree. But I hardly took any damage nodes and so here I am starting act 3 with little damage and pretty crappy gear too and it takes me forever to kills stuff..... I have about 4 respect points, so I"m thinking I can respect out of the ones that lead to the jewel(since I can't afford it anyway and respect into some of the Ele damage and Spell damage ones Lifting suggested on the 34 points Tree.....Perhaps that will help me, then once I get 2 chaos, then I move towards the jewel slots......

should check out Zizarans guide
"
Mr_Tact wrote:
Possibly stupid question:

You have one of the gem setups as:

Frostbolt, Spell Totem, Faster Casting, Controlled Destruction, Cold Penetration (5-link) & Increased Critical Strikes (6-link).

Perhaps this is a standard build practice, I'm not a complete noob, but I'm not far above it. It would seem to me having Controlled Destruction with a 100% decrease in Crits and Increased Critical Strikes is counter productive....

When you get Unique amulet you drop controlled for hypo I think. Also with Crit flask youll crit pretty often against mobs.
Im starting to invest in gear improvements. What Im trying to figure out is what to go with, a 5L Chest and go Wand/OH or double wands, or just go with the staff. I think I can get much better stats for the cost with the chest/wands. Is the sole purpose of the 5L staff to get +1 or +2 to cold gems?
"
Wh1teWalker wrote:
Im starting to invest in gear improvements. What Im trying to figure out is what to go with, a 5L Chest and go Wand/OH or double wands, or just go with the staff. I think I can get much better stats for the cost with the chest/wands. Is the sole purpose of the 5L staff to get +1 or +2 to cold gems?

Either or I am with a 5L staff and it gives me very good defense and the damage is very good still.
I can't imagine I'll want a staff until I get a 5l+ of the unique staff. Wand+shield is too good.

PoB
https://pastebin.com/TgTuqLFN

"
Inastris1 wrote:
I adapted the build for SC. Took out some of the life nodes, and added a ton more damage.
let me know what you guys think.

Tree

I'm using a similar tree to this.

Also with the PCoC setup I recommend adding culling+rarity.

My only issue right now is staying alive. I rarely die, but I come close a lot. With almost no mitigation besides MoM everything hits pretty hard.
Last edited by vegeto079 on Aug 6, 2017, 4:42:24 PM
"
In the Video he has 6 Power Charges.

3 Standard
2 from the Tree

What i am missing?

The video is from patch 2.6 where Alira awarded 1 power charge. She no longer has that so we're now stuck with 5.
Last edited by Biratancho on Aug 6, 2017, 4:18:27 PM
Hi Lifting,
Great guide, as usual.

I was wondering if you could clear something up for me that doesn't appear to have been addressed in the posts so far.

In the video guide you run through the gem setup vie Path of Building and state at around 1:30 that (once the gear & cold pen is in place) you should be switching out Cold Penetration for Hypothermia. However, in this written guide, you state in the Gem Setup portion that "Note: Once you get The Pandemonius you are better off using Hypothermia instead of Controlled Destruction."

So, is this a typo somewhere or are you saying that once you get The Pandemonius you should be running both CD and Hypo, whilst dropping Cold pen?

Would you mind just clarifying which option you had in mind please?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info