[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

Okay, someone please explain to me what it is I am misunderstanding. When I look at the 58 point passive tree I see two jewel sockets selected for the Frozen Trail jewels. However, when I look at this in poeplanner the medium radius does not seem to cover the required 40 intelligence. I am I looking at it wrong in poeplanner, or is poeplanner just wrong, or what?

Edit:

Okay, upon reading the topic some I found this:

"
dustofdeath wrote:
Jewels no longer need the nodes to be "purchased" as long as they are in range.

So, just to verify for my dimwitted brain -- the intelligence nodes don't have to be in use, just in range of the socket. Right?
Last edited by Mr_Tact on Aug 5, 2017, 11:25:41 AM
@ Mr_Tact : Right. Download Path of Building, its a nice tool. Just put Liftings Pastebin in.
https://www.twitch.tv/der_rasierer
Man the jewels are hard to get - it's like they are bought before they are listed - and only ones left are heavily overpriced or offline.
"
dustofdeath wrote:
Man the jewels are hard to get - it's like they are bought before they are listed - and only ones left are heavily overpriced or offline.

Looking just now I see a bunch of them at 2-3 chaos. Is it just me, or is that pricy?
*dupe
Last edited by Mr_Tact on Aug 5, 2017, 1:44:48 PM
Hey lifting thank you so much for the guide.
I've been reading your guides n youtube channel since POE 2.5 and I have to say I like your style and thank you for your efforts!

I'm just wondering, with a similar tree as this guide, is it possible to:

1. spec out of ancestral bond, used 3 FLAME TOTEM instead
2. self cast frost bolt with 2 frozen trail
3. maybe put points towards elemental equalibrium for the ice and fire dmg

and still maintain a similar map clear speed while increasing in single target dmg.

Since I rarely play caster character, maybe you know the answer?

Thanks again!

p.s. Since both flame totem and frost bolt can be buffed by projectile dmg, I assume getting gears/jewels to buff both spells would not be too difficult.
Last edited by SnowScar on Aug 5, 2017, 2:22:24 PM
I noticed that there were a lot of health nodes taken with this build. Having come from using flameblast totems last season it seems like there are less elemental/spell damage nodes taken. Are breath of rime and heart of ice not worth working towards?
Should i still go Hierophant if i only expect to get 6 Ascendancy points? If so, what Ascendancy Point could i leave out?
I'm a casual hc player and i never got more than 6 points, since im such a chicken when it comes to the labs.. ;)
The Frozen Trail jewels seem a bit expensive, what's the best way to get them when this is my first build in this league? What level should I have them by?
why elemental weakness not frostbite?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info