[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

"
FreedomOI wrote:
Hi since this build is advertised as a league starter... It really isnt.

Take non crit shockwave totem + Bladevortex until maps, I did it on day one and made it to a10 in 5:30. Get a Tabula finish cruel Laby and spec into Ancesteral Bond(quad shockwave). That will easily carry you until t8s. Lvl frostbolts in your empty slots(I had 13 empty) when they hit 20 you almost certainly will hit a 21. Buy 2 Shimmerons and spec into crit.

I am currently 91, perma frezzing everything up to t13-14, done serveral t15s without problem, when I have lvl up(80%) I will try guardians. Shouldnt be that much of a deal but Iam not sure I will be able to do them deathless on a corrupted...

My tree/gear is up...gear is just average nothing special(rare 6-link), char name is Camtschaticus

This profile has been set to private
Should work now.
"
FreedomOI wrote:
Should work now.

ch not shown
"
kond0 wrote:
"
FreedomOI wrote:
Should work now.

ch not shown

Now?!

I unset it 5 times in a row...if it doesnt work now its probably a bug
here is the pob

https://pastebin.com/ZK4s9nG7

you have to multiply the dps by 1.375 for thee EE golem..

I also use increase critical damage instead of faster casting no idea why it loaded wrong
Last edited by FreedomOI on Mar 8, 2018, 9:00:08 AM
So 1 week after the start of Bestiary League I kinda want to share my experience with this build as a league starter.

I initially took it a bit by default; I did not have the time prior to the league to prepare my own build, nor did I have the courage to try out the new skills as league starter.

I was not impressed by the other totem guides, and at least this one looked like he knew what he was talking about.

Levelling was smooth. 11h for campain + normal/cruel lab. I actually didn't take ancestral bond before unlocking maps; it didn't make sense to me, spell totem frostbolt on a 4 link was half the damage of my 3L freezing pulse.

2 then 3 totems during leveling + my freezing pulse allowed fast boss killing, and overall no real issue once i got the first FB threshold jewel (was a bit meh before that).

And then I actually got surprised. The speed clearing in maps was actually below what I expected because at the beginning I wasn't playing very well with totem, but also because relying on flasks to move is so atrocious. This convinced me out of using a staff. I just couldn't do it.
But, the boss killing was actually much better than described in this guide; the hierophant buffs for this patch are probably no stranger to that. It actually didn't feel worse than my SR trickster last league, and I actually no issue in particular at doing uberlab (around lvl80).

Now, lvl89, I managed to push t14 maps without ever feeling weak, and having still a lot of margin of progress in terms of gear.
Yes this isn't ever going to farm guardians and end game bosses without going for the GG items (atziri's mirror upgrade, indigon maybe), but it definitely has the potential.

Still, I wasn't expecting much out of it and it's been a decent league starter, i'll farm a few more days to ge currency for a reroll, i don't really want to push endgame with this char, but if you like it, it's good enough.

PoB for reference : https://pastebin.com/xzUhdmhK
"
Mithestral wrote:
So 1 week after the start of Bestiary League I kinda want to share my experience with this build as a league starter.

I initially took it a bit by default; I did not have the time prior to the league to prepare my own build, nor did I have the courage to try out the new skills as league starter.

I was not impressed by the other totem guides, and at least this one looked like he knew what he was talking about.

Levelling was smooth. 11h for campain + normal/cruel lab. I actually didn't take ancestral bond before unlocking maps; it didn't make sense to me, spell totem frostbolt on a 4 link was half the damage of my 3L freezing pulse.

2 then 3 totems during leveling + my freezing pulse allowed fast boss killing, and overall no real issue once i got the first FB threshold jewel (was a bit meh before that).

And then I actually got surprised. The speed clearing in maps was actually below what I expected because at the beginning I wasn't playing very well with totem, but also because relying on flasks to move is so atrocious. This convinced me out of using a staff. I just couldn't do it.
But, the boss killing was actually much better than described in this guide; the hierophant buffs for this patch are probably no stranger to that. It actually didn't feel worse than my SR trickster last league, and I actually no issue in particular at doing uberlab (around lvl80).

Now, lvl89, I managed to push t14 maps without ever feeling weak, and having still a lot of margin of progress in terms of gear.
Yes this isn't ever going to farm guardians and end game bosses without going for the GG items (atziri's mirror upgrade, indigon maybe), but it definitely has the potential.

Still, I wasn't expecting much out of it and it's been a decent league starter, i'll farm a few more days to ge currency for a reroll, i don't really want to push endgame with this char, but if you like it, it's good enough.

PoB for reference : https://pastebin.com/xzUhdmhK

Mate I have 5-6 the dps you are dealing and room to double it...
This build cannot only play endgame its complete and utter facerole, I can do a racecourse in 1:45 it doesnt get much better.
Why the fuck everything is almost 1 shooting me? I've capped my resis
"
nico5051 wrote:
Why the fuck everything is almost 1 shooting me? I've capped my resis

cant see your char so its hard to say. how much HP do you have and do you have MoM?
Can we just swap Frostbolt gem for Glacial cascade for boss fights? Or is there any way to make this build be able to kill any end-game boss?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info