[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

"
kond0 wrote:
can use other skill for fast boss kill?

Probably Glacial Cascade. You just need to swap gems
"
Ghato123 wrote:
"
kond0 wrote:

what the gems need to be played with this skill?
When i look up hierophant frostbolt builds on poebuilds.io, everyone seems to use a 1h/shield as opposed to staff, and are going for the crit nodes on the right side of the tree. are they following another build or am i missing something? whats the better route/pros and cons? leveling has been super fun so far, thx for the build :)
How to transition from FB/FP totems to GC Totems?

My character is _exid

Last edited by zyidzen on Mar 7, 2018, 12:52:21 PM
"
timbuck222 wrote:
When i look up hierophant frostbolt builds on poebuilds.io, everyone seems to use a 1h/shield as opposed to staff, and are going for the crit nodes on the right side of the tree. are they following another build or am i missing something? whats the better route/pros and cons? leveling has been super fun so far, thx for the build :)

I was playing with staff last league and it was pretty good but lack of movement skill was too painful to go for staff again now so i am going with 1h+shield shield charge
i'm enjoying staff and find it fast enough for endgame maps, check my profile for gear
"
azaanis wrote:

That's my character at level 68 currently, mostly garbage gear, I'll change gloves or amulet soon, weapon to some with crit multi and shield with more defensive stats and attack speed.
If u'd want to do a freezing pulse version too, just buy a 20% quality gem because it increases the projectile speed, which results in huge range.
Spoiler
https://youtu.be/1L5hL2_G2YE - gameplay
https://pastebin.com/yrxSHeMb

90 lvl pastebin, ~440k dps with diamond flask on and ~250k against Shaper, you can definitely squeeze more DPS, this is just a gear worth 20-50c[/spoiler]

Just a question, how your damage can be better with freezing pulse ? the damage sheets seems to be lower than Frostbolt
Last edited by Vachor on Mar 8, 2018, 5:21:12 AM
"
Ghato123 wrote:
"
kond0 wrote:

I too would like to know if another staff on weapon swap with Scorching Ray would be good. Or if the other items(Winds of change) and tree(crit/Unique jewels) are destroying the DPS of SR... Not rich enough to test this :-(
Donkey
"
Myrthue wrote:
"
Ghato123 wrote:
"
kond0 wrote:

I too would like to know if another staff on weapon swap with Scorching Ray would be good. Or if the other items(Winds of change) and tree(crit/Unique jewels) are destroying the DPS of SR... Not rich enough to test this :-(

Scortching is a different tree(15points) and a different gem setup, winds of change wont do anything( scortching isnt a projectile) You can respec if you want but its a different build, a much weaker one imho...
Hi since this build is advertised as a league starter... It really isnt.

Take non crit shockwave totem + Bladevortex until maps, I did it on day one and made it to a10 in 5:30. Get a Tabula finish cruel Laby and spec into Ancesteral Bond(quad shockwave). That will easily carry you until t8s. Lvl frostbolts in your empty slots(I had 13 empty) when they hit 20 you almost certainly will hit a 21. Buy 2 Shimmerons and spec into crit.

I am currently 91, perma frezzing everything up to t13-14, done serveral t15s without problem, when I have lvl up(80%) I will try guardians. Shouldnt be that much of a deal but Iam not sure I will be able to do them deathless on a corrupted...

My tree/gear is up...gear is just average nothing special(rare 6-link), char name is Camtschaticus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info