[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

"
alkatzone2 wrote:
Hey guys, Im a noob but I have a question about the frozen trail jewel. I bought 2 of them, but I dont seem to get 40int in any of the jewel slots that are allocated in the passive tree? I do just need to get some more int nodes around them or am I missing something?

Mmm? If you use the jewel slots he "unlocked" in his passive trees, you have to do nothing because the jewels only need to have int "in range" and not even "used/allocated", if you know what I mean.

Mmm?
That's called pain. Get used to it.
"
alkatzone2 wrote:
Hey guys, Im a noob but I have a question about the frozen trail jewel. I bought 2 of them, but I dont seem to get 40int in any of the jewel slots that are allocated in the passive tree? I do just need to get some more int nodes around them or am I missing something?

You don't have to get this points it need to be only in radius of jewel so everything is ok

"
Ghato123 wrote:
I saw Ziz did similar build but w/o staff nodes instead of he goes to the right side of tree. Is it better? I think about Ziz route because of movement skill because flame dash + running seems pretty weak compare to shield charge.
Thoughts?

Anyone?
Last edited by Ghato123 on Mar 5, 2018, 9:15:35 AM
I've tried to find the info in this thread but wasn't able to :-(

Why is Controlled Destruction used here? - This is a crit build. Is the MORE dmg gained just too good to pass up, and the 100% lowered Crit chance not that big a deal? -

And as a follow up question. Elemental Focus isn't chosen because we freeze/chill alot?

Another follow up. IceBite instead of Hypothermia? - Or what am i missing?

Thanks all! :D
Donkey
"

Why is Controlled Destruction used here? - This is a crit build. Is the MORE dmg gained just too good to pass up, and the 100% lowered Crit chance not that big a deal? -

You are correct in that the more multiplier on controlled destruction is too good to pass up despite being a crit build. 100% decreased crit is fairly easy to make up with gear, so it is a pretty free addition. You can even (eventually) drop the inc. crits support for another damage support when you have enough support on your gear.

"
Elemental Focus isn't chosen because we freeze/chill alot?

Correct, the chill/freeze from frost bolt is an amazing defense.

"
IceBite instead of Hypothermia? - Or what am i missing?

You wont have any frenzy charges to increase ice bite's damage. You wont get any frenzy charges from it since you aren't killing anything, your totems are the ones doing the killing. Added cold would be more damage than ice bite, and even that would be less damage than hypothermia.

What do you use for the 6th link on soul mantle?
"
Millennium wrote:

Nothing XDD
"
alkatzone2 wrote:

You don't have to have the int nodes assigned within the ring for the frozen trail jewel. You only have to have int nodes within the circle. They can be unassigned. If you follow the build guide, the first two jewel sockets you take will have 40+ worth of int nodes around them (even though you haven't taken them).

Hope that helps.
"
Millennium wrote:

I think you go with Added Cold damage, Empower or something funky.
Last edited by Fredd32 on Mar 6, 2018, 10:29:19 AM
"
Fredd32 wrote:
"
Millennium wrote:

I think you go with Added Cold damage or something funky.

What about hypothermia? Does the build effectively chill bosses for it to be relevant?
"
alkatzone2 wrote:

You don't need allocated int-slots, just need +40 int slots in radius, so pretty easy to achieve.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info