[3.0] Storm Burst - Dasher / Hiero - EB - MoM

"
MGTopgun wrote:
few tips.

Storm burst has 10% effectiveness of added damage so literally you don't use added damage support gems (added lightning damage in this case)
You also should focus on the explosion damage and not projectile damage.

I think too many people get hung up on the 10% effectiveness. With the 2.5 more multiplier it becomes 35%. Then if an average of 6 balls hit at a time it's more like a 200% effectiveness.
Last edited by Meno80 on Aug 5, 2017, 7:09:41 PM
Hmmm how about life leech?
HC viable?
"
Malbec wrote:
HC viable?

I say; definitely no.
Very squishy.
It's also an untested build.
"
Malbec wrote:
HC viable?

Def. not! Just reched A10 and I gotta say it is very squishy :P

Thinking of rerolling as Inqui, but I still give this build some more levels. Will update the guide later.
"
Esfandiari wrote:
"
Malbec wrote:
HC viable?

Thinking of rerolling as Inqui, but I still give this build some more levels. Will update the guide later.

So it wasnt just me. ;)
As I started mapping(after a lot of trouble with Spectral Throw mobs in a10 and Kitava fight) I can say that the dmg is there(even on bosses) but as you say there is a serious problem with defenses.

First thing I did was replacing Poacher's Mark with Enfeeble(on HoT+CoH) and it kind of worked but then dmg went down. Switched it to Conductivity and that's what I'm running right now. Thing is... you have to dodge everything in order to survive. Sometimes you just can't.

I thought about Inqui as well cause it would open up new options like ignoring LPen which means we have 1 more gem slot and also we can pick another curse. But then how do we deal with defenses? Do we still go MoM or maybe full Life.

After all I'm pretty poor so I'll stick with Hiero up untill I'll get Sanctuary of Thought because I think this is the missing piece of our defense.

One thing to note: Faster Projectiles doesn't realy work well with SB so we need another Green Support Gem to switch with Slower Proj. I picked up Ice Bite but the Frenzy CHarge generation doesn't seem to be good and we don't rly have any Cold Pen either(again, someithing Inqiu wouldn't care about).
"
Esfandiari wrote:
"
Malbec wrote:
HC viable?

rerolled as inq, L67 atm.
helped to kill mobs faster.
"
As I started mapping(after a lot of trouble with Spectral Throw mobs in a10 and Kitava fight) I can say that the dmg is there(even on bosses) but as you say there is a serious problem with defenses.

First thing I did was replacing Poacher's Mark with Enfeeble(on HoT+CoH) and it kind of worked but then dmg went down. Switched it to Conductivity and that's what I'm running right now. Thing is... you have to dodge everything in order to survive. Sometimes you just can't.

I thought about Inqui as well cause it would open up new options like ignoring LPen which means we have 1 more gem slot and also we can pick another curse. But then how do we deal with defenses? Do we still go MoM or maybe full Life.

After all I'm pretty poor so I'll stick with Hiero up untill I'll get Sanctuary of Thought because I think this is the missing piece of our defense.

One thing to note: Faster Projectiles doesn't realy work well with SB so we need another Green Support Gem to switch with Slower Proj. I picked up Ice Bite but the Frenzy CHarge generation doesn't seem to be good and we don't rly have any Cold Pen either(again, someithing Inqiu wouldn't care about).

Thanks for your feedback!

Yeah, i ditched faster proj.

Currently I'm running SB - light pen - GMP - con. destruction - faster casting

My playstyle is like bursting 10-15 balls (you even offscreen alot) and just let them pop at the right moment. Sometimes mobs get hit by 4/5 balls and that is the key on the offensive part of this skill.

On the defense side, well since I'm not really endgame geared I can't really tell. Maybe respeccing in full life, ditch all mana nodes, go VP+GR and some leech on gear.

Once I reached maps I can really tell if this version has potential to go really lategame.
Myabe if i play as inquisitor and invest more into HP ill be able to play it on HC? Or even stay as Hiero and just get some more HP...
Last edited by Malbec on Aug 6, 2017, 9:38:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info