[3.0] Storm Burst - Dasher / Hiero - EB - MoM

"
WillTer wrote:

Okey, thanks)

You're welcome :)
Hey,

This build looks very promising.
Somehow if i might suggest You some changes to make it better.

1. I got a feeling that hp pool might be too low for mana pool. It might end up with situations where you die with half of mana pool left. Therefore i find 2 ways out of this situations. Bump hp to something like 4k, or reserve more mana in smart way. Considering this is channeling build after all and you stand still casting, it might be wise to use 25% of the mana for Arctic Armor, which provides additional 13% phys+fire mitigation.

2. Build might use too many uniques, meaning there is not enough open slots for rare. As i checked items section for instance drop Geofri's Crest, apart from chaos resistance this helm presents nothing special. Instead go for nice rare hybrid helm with life, es and reses. That will hugely impove the build. Also Fevered Mind jevel is questionable, isnt it better to use a jewel with crit multi, life etc? And the last one i would instantly replace is Atziri's Mirror, i mean curse reduction/reflection looks nice on paper, but again hybid shield with tons of life, es, reses, maybe spell power will be superior and curse immunity can be granted via flask.

3. This build will need some chaos resistance, so might need to hunt it on rare slots, or maybe some from the tree. Dont know for now, but again more rare slots should make it easier.

4. What i the plan for curses, because i dont get it. Which curse will be 1st and will it be on auto cast or we have to use it manually? And which curse will be 2nd providint we have something +1 curses?

5. Did you think any particular CWDT levels?
"
sultangurde wrote:

1. I got a feeling that hp pool might be too low for mana pool.
2. Build might use too many uniques, meaning there is not enough open slots for rare.
3. This build will need some chaos resistance.
4. What i the plan for curses, because i dont get it. Which curse will be 1st and will it be on auto cast or we have to use it manually? And which curse will be 2nd providint we have something +1 curses?
5. Did you think any particular CWDT levels?

1) You might be right, maybe I will need a little more HP. We'll have to see how it "feels" and I will adjust accordngly.

2/3) I chose Mirror/Geofri's because they give nice resists and have some "special" side effect like the curse reflection and the +1 gems. If I manage to get some GG-rolls (40+ res) on my other rare slots (Belt, Ring, Boots and Gloves) I can start to look for replacements for the Mirror/Geofri's.

4) Primarily I will use Poacher's on self cast for Frenzy-charge generation. Currently Conductivity is Curse-on-Hit curse, maybe I'll switch with Enfeeble/Temp. Chains.

5) I'll settle around lvl 6/7, maybe a little higher. I want it to proc quite often.

Last edited by Esfandiari on Aug 4, 2017, 6:16:37 AM
I made major adjustments to the build after all the feedback! Thanks for the input :)

Now I'm settled at ~3700 HP and ~3700 Mana, so a perfect 50/50 rate. I'll update the guide and the PoB right after this post ;)

Edit: The build lost almost 80% of the damage with the recent PoB update.
Don't know if the numbers are right but if they are (and I think openarl doesnt make a mistake)
this skill got quite the nerf-hammer. I will have to see how it all works out, maybe it will still be a decent starter-build but it surely won't be nearly shaper/guardian - viable anymore.
Nonetheless I'm hyped for the skill :P
Last edited by Esfandiari on Aug 4, 2017, 9:05:21 AM
Is the pastebin updated? It still shows me 3.5k hp and over 4k mana
I really want to start this league with this builds look so fun and awesome :D I have always wanted to try something like this, but to newbish to try and do it alone xD
"
AwakenAkuma wrote:
Is the pastebin updated? It still shows me 3.5k hp and over 4k mana
I really want to start this league with this builds look so fun and awesome :D I have always wanted to try something like this, but to newbish to try and do it alone xD

Just updated the guide and the pastebin. You need version 1.4.56
Last edited by Esfandiari on Aug 4, 2017, 9:06:50 AM
Hey man, love the idea for a MoM Storm Burst build this league. I toyed around with your initial build and came up with a much more efficient and safer way to play this build. It also has better effective DPS.

There's an interaction with shock to replenish mana as well, which should basically allow us to put another aura on. Take a look at the pastebin and let me know what you think.

6100 life
1700 ES
1.5k Mana

109k DPS
49% DR
40% MoM

https://pastebin.com/j8uF3Lci
Looks cool. If this iteration fails I need to switch to life of course, or maybe CI but we will see.
Last edited by Esfandiari on Aug 4, 2017, 10:20:23 AM
Does this build struggle in uberlabs? Or vs storyline bosses?
Last edited by Zewks on Aug 4, 2017, 5:57:52 PM
"
Zewks wrote:
Does this build struggle in uberlabs? Or vs storyline bosses?

Since I'm "only" A5 I can't really tell :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info