Balance Changes to Chill, Shock, and Charges

"
"
darthross wrote:
Appeasing the vocal minority who lack understanding of the game.

Thumbs down.

Shouldn't talk to yourself.

Implying that you are good at the game in any conceivable way.

Let me guess: You play softcore exclusively and have very limited knowledge of the mechanics and mathematics behind the game.

Nice post history lol.

Make sure you keep that character tab hidden.
Last edited by darthross on Aug 1, 2017, 12:52:46 AM
So in other words this should make Ice Armor (the buff giving you reduced dmg taken when stationary against physical and fire ) pretty viable right ?

I mean you drop chilled ground while walking, have a channeling build walk to the boss, go back, channel and he walks into the chilled ground taking extra dmg while you yourself take reduced dmg (additonnally before all your other reductions and resistances)

SWEET

Edit : I notice that would be fricking awesome with the souls in the pantheon that give you something while stationary .... now you just need something to increase the duration of the dropped chilled ground from ice armor and you easily take 20% reduced dmg while your enemy takes increased dmg
GGG refuses to buff Melee and gives every surivability tool to Spell/Ranged/Minion Builds because they dont play the game or at least melee themself.
[Removed by Support]
-The Truth
Last edited by Geistermeister36 on Aug 1, 2017, 12:54:55 AM
"
darthross wrote:
Appeasing the vocal minority who lack understanding of the game.

Thumbs down.

Lol? i am pretty sure we where MANY that did not approve of the frenzy charge changes... they basicly made all or most duelist and ranger spellcasting builds not viable... so please stop commenting before you learn more about the game and builds.
I completely understand why frenzy charges should only be on attacks, it makes perfect sense thematically. If that's the case, please rework Tinker Skin so that trappers still have a reason to use it and so that the contributor who designed it didn't waste all their money before it even hits the game.
"

This change was intended to reduce the high impact for low cost that Power Charges have on critical chance, while making them more valuable for the majority of Intelligence Spellcaster builds in another way. For now, we're just going to reduce the effect granted by Power Charges from 50% increased Critical Chance to 40% increased Critical Chance, as we still want to reduce the large value of Critical Chance players gain from this accessible resource.

you did not even need to do this. Players should be rewarded by using orb of storms to maintain power charges and curse on hit + assassin's mark only work on non mobs which is trivial anyways. I thought the goal was to move players away from spamming a single multi purpose 6 linked skill to 1 shot screens. The 10% nerf per pcharge does not change this paradigm.

You've already butchered assassin, many of the big critical nodes on the tree, nearly every crit multi item in the game and made diamond flask unusable. It is almost as excessive the crippling of ES builds.

It took the outrage of nearly the entire community for you to add 10% crit chance to power charges from the initial changes.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Aug 1, 2017, 1:04:38 AM
Wish you would have kept the changes on charges.
How is Freeze affected by the changes to chill? Is it going to be working in the same way than before?
I was looking forward to the change to power charges.

If you are going to reduce the crit chance from them anyway (50%->40% instead of 50%->30%), just make the change and give us the spell damage multiplier. Now power charges are just nerfed without any compensation.
welp, seems like reddit crybabies who cant adapt to changes won.
this time
i was really looking forward to changes of charges!
mostly bcuz it was very easy to get charges, and bonus was immense
so either reduce their bonus, and kinda keep same ability so sustain them, or keep somewhat same bonus, or rather buff, but decrease ability so sustain them cuz the buff they provide...imo this 2nd options looks better, even tho, ive never built caster and then relied to keep frenzy charges bcuz dmg bonus but bcuz cast speed buff they give, mostly bcuz its way harder to get cast speed;there is some on passive tree, but there was severe lack of the cast speed mod on items, gloves are missing, mybe add mod on certain type of helm.
while was typing this last sentence, got some idea mybe some type of belts might get in future that Cast Speed mod(?)

either way, happy for changes!
cant wait for release
PogChamps

p.s.hope u guys are realizing how many ppl will play at release and have good amount of servers ready!
"
Nephalim wrote:
"

This change was intended to reduce the high impact for low cost that Power Charges have on critical chance, while making them more valuable for the majority of Intelligence Spellcaster builds in another way. For now, we're just going to reduce the effect granted by Power Charges from 50% increased Critical Chance to 40% increased Critical Chance, as we still want to reduce the large value of Critical Chance players gain from this accessible resource.

you did not even need to do this. Players should be rewarded by using orb of storms to maintain power charges and curse on hit + assassin's mark only work on non mobs which is trivial anyways.

You've already butchered assassin, many of the big critical nodes on the tree, nearly every crit multi item in the game and made diamond flask unusable. It is almost as excessive the crippling of ES builds.

The diamond flask change was a false rumor, you know that right. I wish they didn't have the nerfs to the multiplier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info