Balance Changes to Chill, Shock, and Charges

"
KoukenNZ wrote:
Thank you for reopening build diversity, find a better way to tweak charges if they still need a change

And to the people saying "youve caved into reddit, dont listen to reddit" shut the hell up
There was outcry on this forum aswell and the change was not good for build diversity, the very thing path of exile is known for. We dont want this game to end up like D3 where there is 2 or 3 viable builds for each class. We want completely fluid diversity.

Thanks GGG
Bye bye desync!
Buff boss drops please.

I see no reason to beat any boss more than once, excluding bosses with special drops.
"
"
Patchumz wrote:
Wait... so we can only get 1x jewel from the quest when almost every single jewel requires a minimum of 2 to be any good (all skills that have threshold jewels require threshold jewels)? How is this right at all :$.

Also, what vendor recipes/prophecies require jewels besides 5 for 1 (which was beyond trivial to do already)?

Finally... no one considers threshold jewels to be "uniques" on the same level as armor/weapon uniques.

I believe they still want you to trade them for it still is why.

Which would be fine if the skills they supported weren't trash without the threshold jewels. (minus a couple like spark just being a weird jewel)
El Psy Congroo.
Last edited by Patchumz on Aug 1, 2017, 1:09:10 AM
Not sure what problem the jewel vendor introduced, but with the removal it'll mean I'll have to roll two characters to act 5 just to get two. I don't know about you but it doesn't sound like 'fun' and with only one available it doesn't help for skills that require two.

Essentially if anyone still remembers the good old days of rolling a different class just because the one you wanted to play didn't get the support gems you needed in SSF.

It was needed in SSF in other modes these jewels were already available, if people buying / corrupting them was a problem why not make them 'Corrupted' in the first place when bought?
Last edited by lamelegged on Aug 1, 2017, 1:12:17 AM
"
darthross wrote:
Let me guess: You play softcore exclusively and have very limited knowledge of the mechanics and mathematics behind the game.

How exactly this accordance with game knowledge?

HC player automatically know more than softcore players? Maybe leveling character up to 100 in Shaped Strand or Poorjoy's rotas - is a big knowledge? Avoiding any danger and press logout - is a big knowledge? Spend several hours in automatically calculator that math all the thing for you and show result - is a big knowledge?

I really don't understand the point of that statement.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
Good job guys, these changes are really big and the more time you have to spend on them the better off the game will be, the rushed versions were way off the mark.
"
KoukenNZ wrote:
Thank you for reopening build diversity, find a better way to tweak charges if they still need a change

And to the people saying "youve caved into reddit, dont listen to reddit" shut the hell up
There was outcry on this forum aswell and the change was not good for build diversity, the very thing path of exile is known for. We dont want this game to end up like D3 where there is 2 or 3 viable builds for each class. We want completely fluid diversity.

Thanks GGG

+1
Perhaps instead of making changes and then retracting them at the 11th hour, the developers would be better off delaying the release of 3.0 so they can be sure it's done right.
Here lies a toppled god;
his fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal -
a narrow and a tall one.
- F.H.
"
Immermnemion wrote:
Perhaps instead of making changes and then retracting them at the 11th hour, the developers would be better off delaying the release of 3.0 so they can be sure it's done right.

Honestly the changes WOULD of been fine if lets say the beginning of the beta people of would of been perfectly okay feedback this feedback that etc it was the timing in addition to the proposal of it. You don't announce something THAT huge before 1 week of the release who the fuck does that? You test it in the beginning.

Like everyone was completely content then all of a sudden a HUGE ass change in my opinion anyway along with chill and shock just came right in the fucking blue when it was never a problem in the first place nobody gave a shit about it.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Aug 1, 2017, 1:16:47 AM
Why not to make Power charges the same as Frenzy and Endurance, to have 4% MORE critical chance per charge (may be more) and give some new stats (like 4% elemental damage) or smth like that

(old critical strike chances were like 10% MORE crit chance), it would be ok, if it is 7% more (if you wanna nerf it)

May be give flat critical chance per power charge, like assasin had.
Last edited by Uoykai on Aug 1, 2017, 1:25:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info