Balance Changes to Chill, Shock, and Charges

"
szadikk wrote:

I did some maths and found that if your first hit deals 0.2% of a monster's health you'd need about 100 hits to kill it as opposed to 500 without shocking it. Pretty effective!

Are you saying if I can do at least .2% per hit I would effectively multiply my dps by 5?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
This means that if you hit an enemy for 50% of their life, they'll take 50% increased damage for a fixed time, and smaller hits will provide a smaller damage bonus.

Well this didn't make sense since day 1 . If u hit someone for 50% of its like you don't really need the increased dmg for the next hit(s) . And really trash mobs where never a problem. And for a guardian to hit the 50% health bar , well that's probably impossible anyway. To even do a 5% dmg to a guardian was hard anyway. Will be interesting to see with nerfs(buffs?) here and there how this will go.

gg ggg
For the love of god stop changing everything you can in the name of balance. POE is video game equivalent of cat mario as is. There is no balance, you follow a meta build and face-roll everything then 2 months later GGG changes the skill tree, add more items to the drop tables further screwing up RNG, and forces you to no life it to get decent gear again.

DECIDE ON 1 SKILL TREE! THEN STOP CHANGING EVERYTHING EVERY CHANCE YOU GET! It's annoying, I want to stop playing for 3 months come back and find my character exactly the way I left it. All the gear I had still be good. Tired of wasting my time having to reroll a character every damned 3 months.
At first: I was happy about the Changes announced to the Charges and I liked the way they were changed. As we see GGG wasn't happy with how strong Frenzy and Power Charges were and decided to nerf/change em. I just do not understand why ppl seem to cry about that before we get to just test it and see whether we might like it better that way or not. It's not even a week and ppls complaining was already that bad that GGG had to take a step back? That's so disappointing to see a possible change for builds and the only thing players do is complain that it's not as it has always been before.
"
Shotslol wrote:

But years of Vaal Spark/VFB lately were fine? Seems logical.

These builds in 3.0 are getting many tools removed. The way forward is NOT by adding more broken skills.
Last edited by Sectiplave on Aug 1, 2017, 9:14:02 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
szadikk wrote:

I did some maths and found that if your first hit deals 0.2% of a monster's health you'd need about 100 hits to kill it as opposed to 500 without shocking it. Pretty effective!

Are you saying if I can do at least .2% per hit I would effectively multiply my dps by 5?

I suck at maths. If you hadn't replied I wouldn't have noticed my mistake.

I re-did the maths. The shock is still useful for effects such as "when you shock" or "against shocked enemies" but the increased damage is insignificant.

Your damage is still going to increase with each hit but with strong diminishing returns.

If your initial hit deals 1% of an enemy's max health (-> 5% increased damage shock effect) you'll hit a cap of 5.263% increased damage on the 8th hit. In the end this'll save you 4 hits to kill the monster. Not much of a help.

But I guess it's better than not applying shock at all.

Concerning the charges and other changes in general GGG shouldn't have tried to bite more than they can chew. Release the new content then make the major changes.
Please give us the treshold vendor.

I'm no hardcore player, I've never taken a character beyond level 80ish.. but I do have 3k hours logged in (and probably 1k more before switching to the Steam version of PoE).

I like diversity, I love trying out new specs, even ones I know will be bad. The jewels open up possibilities, the vendor makes that possible.

Thanks for reading, keep going you guys are awesome
Instead of removing the Threshold Jewel Vendor. I was curious if it would be possible to have the prices change after you buy one. For instance you could have the price double after every purchase. The first one is free with the quest. Then in the vendor shop you could buy a second one for 2 chaos. Later down the line you switch skills and you buy a third for 4 chaos and a forth for 8 chaos.

This would be very helpful for the SSF players while making it unprofitable to abuse for vendor recipes.
Last edited by candyflowers on Aug 1, 2017, 10:20:19 PM
I liked the power charge changes :(
No vendor really really REALLY kills my hype for SSF this league.... please reconsider

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info