Weekly Beta Report Six

Please let us know what the map atlas changes are. I am moving toward 'shaped meta', so I need to know what the fuck you are going to do, so I can adjust before spending currency. Fuck.

Fuck added because my day has been full of fuck. Fuck it.
DansGame
When you say, "Changes to various maps, mostly around addressing the current meta. We want to see different shaping strategies in use, and at the very least not the "shaped strand meta".

I sure hope that means you are finally going to rotate which maps drop shaper orbs. With the introduction of the Atlas, I thought that you would be making it so there would be changes every league, i.e. more of a dynamic experience instead of static. I guess we will see what changes are planned.
Glad to hear the Shaped Strand meta is getting dealt with. It's been so much better than any other option that to do anything else required being okay with seriously hampering your progression speed and raw drops per hour.

It'd be nice if going "Full Atlas" wasn't such a harsh self-penalty. I mean, sure, maybe it shouldn't be peak efficiency to keep things interesting and provide for strategy, but it'd be great to have some mapping variety without completely screwing yourself.

Ideally, doing hard, high-tier maps will actually be rewarding. The experience granted by the highest-tier maps has been nerfed multiple times, and that's part of what led to this stale Strand meta. The high-tier maps are already harder to sustain, but to have them also not provide a significant experience bonus is a shame.

Similarly, hard map mods reward you with basically nothing while generally easy mods give coveted pack size. This multiplies with the IIQ rolls already on the map, and that multiplies with IIQ on your gear, so pack size is what you want 100% of the time. Map mods need some some kind of overhaul to realign the reward structure.
https://redd.it/p0hyul
Last edited by Futchya on Jul 19, 2017, 12:00:45 AM
Thank you for greatly extending the amount of time until the labyrinth makes me quit. If I wanted to play Binding of Issic, I would.

I ran through normal and cruel on beta. It was acceptable thank you.

I can't wait for 3.0, and the mtx update.

And please fix the pvp ladders on the forums they haven't worked since Essence League.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/us-pvp-ratings
God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
Last edited by ripnburn69 on Jul 19, 2017, 12:05:32 AM
Sounds great, especially Vinktar balance. Hopefully it will include major shock rework, which is fairly enough to balance "broken winktar"

Love lab, I never understood whinings about how hard is the lab, casuals...
NANI
I won't feel forced to do Strand if I want to stay competitive. :D
- I am a loot whore
"
"
Yea, keep overpowered items overpowered! Just make EVERYTHING powerful and unbalanced! Who cares about "clear speed" just being a power creep in disguise, let's just let pathfinders continue to trivialize end-game content because of some goddamn potions!

So this is how this works bud. Every item seems overpowered if its stronger then another item. If GGG nerfed everything then there would still be something stronger and people would complain its over powered. This is the same knowledge poor people apply to people of wealth. If i put 1000 ex into a build you bet your moms horse i better be able to trivialize the content. Hell i should be able to one shot GGG them self with 100 ex worth of gear.

So back to what i said earlier dont nerf top end damage of flasks. Just nerf bottom end and make some stuff Wise oak 10-20% ele pen. Do this for all the strong flasks and apply a SMALL nerf to pathfinder and boom balance.

The strongest thing becomes overpowered, then the devs should nerf it to stop all the meta whores from breezing past what's supposed to be the hardest content the game has to offer. THAT is how shit is supposed to work. I don't care if you spent 100 ex on gear, hard content should be hard. Clearing trash mobs is fine, but there should be some danger in playing regardless of how good your character is.
Flasks are a huge part of the problem because, by themselves, they are overpowered by themselves. You can't corrupt them, and you don't need some gg implicit to make them work. Add Pathfinder to the mix, it's a recipe for disaster.
GGG got lazy with balance and let overpowered shit go through, and now they can fix it all, as well they should. Fuck clear speed meta.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
You don't want to see the shaped strand meta, huh?

How about blocking low-tier maps from dropping in high-tier maps? Give us better mob density to make up for the lack of linearity in other maps.

Here's how I see it:

I would TOTALLY play cells or pyramids or torture chamber IF those maps yielded comparable xp per hour investment. I actually like other maps. Strand is not my favorite in spite of it being the map i run the most.

Why penalize us for seeking variety by making leveling so painfully slow?

In short, mob density in mazelike or circuitous maps needs a huge buff.

As for strand, mob density is noticeably down from what it used to be. I can often trigger no more than one or two beyond encounters even with added pack size up to 30%. That's in 2.6,though. I haven't gotten to the level to run strands in beta yet, so my critique might be misplaced.

TL;DR
If you want to see more variety in the maps being run, make other maps AS REWARDING xp-wise as strand (for non-speed demons. You can't please someone who only wants to run linear maps at 150%+ move speed)
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
"

The strongest thing becomes overpowered, then the devs should nerf it to stop all the meta whores from breezing past what's supposed to be the hardest content the game has to offer. THAT is how shit is supposed to work. I don't care if you spent 100 ex on gear, hard content should be hard.
So you think it's fair to people who can't gear up with 100 ex, to make the content unmanageable for them, just to satisfy your sense of justice in making those OP bastards pay? (yeah i know you didn't use those words, but that's the tone.)
"

Clearing trash mobs is fine, but there should be some danger in playing regardless of how good your character is.
Flasks are a huge part of the problem because, by themselves, they are overpowered by themselves. You can't corrupt them, and you don't need some gg implicit to make them work. Add Pathfinder to the mix, it's a recipe for disaster.
disaster for whom? Obviously not the person playing the pathfinder. It might seem like a disaster to some whiner who wants to be at the top of the ladder playing vigilant strike, but come on, mate. Some skills and gear are simply clearly better than others, and the game will ALWAYS reflect that. Get over it.
"

GGG got lazy with balance and let overpowered shit go through, and now they can fix it all, as well they should. Fuck clear speed meta.

I agree, fuck clear speed meta. You know how i deal with it? I don't play that way. But I'm also not obsessed with my position on the ladder. I have no interest in comparing my clear speed with someone else. I'm faster than many, and slower than many more. BUT IDGAF.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info