Weekly Beta Report Six

im still curious why bleed needs to be nerfed on the top end? it doesn't stack, uses generic phys only...no real modifiers to said damage...so why does it need a nerf?
BLoOd__BaTh_II
Add alrdy options to remove/delete some heavy-loading parts, even on good PC game sometimes just lag, freeze crash.
Many rips was from those annoying freeze/crash. Maybe make client smaller (remove/delete some heavy parts). Add more options for choose graphics and more.

Also when you finally change passive skill tree globally? Its same skill tree we have in 2 years? Or so.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Exile009 wrote:

How about just not being able to do 3 million dps - with anything? No one needs that kind of damage to clear the game. There are sub-100k dps builds that clear all content. Lmao at that '3 million dps or remove from game' idea.

That said, I don't know where GGG is getting those numbers from. What build is it that's getting several million dps from the current DoT system. Especially from bleed. I mean...bleed?! What sorcery is this?

Nearly impossible, the only way to do that is to take the game off of Steam and have the original launcher not work anymore. That way no one can play, and no one can do 3 million dps. It's so effortless to get 3mil dps in this game, plus the ways how are ingrained into the deepest roots of Path of Exile. I make/test builds in the game, it's what I have fun doing and it's interesting. To remove the ability to do 3mil dps is to remove Ascendancy, Crit, Pen, Jewels AND some uniques like Facebreakers from the game.(And probably other stuff too.)

I theorycrafted a poison build that could do 34.5mil total dps inc. poison build that had near 7mil total damage per poison. Nerfing Poison down to 3 mil is -although extreme overkill- is a fair nerf. Anything less and it's pointless in my opinion.
Last edited by WizBlizz1994 on Jul 21, 2017, 12:40:29 AM
"
"
eagor wrote:
ok cool you got a 70ex flask i'm saying most people want it banned cause they don't want other to have what they cant i could link all my mirrord gear to but i'm not the flask is very good for a lot of builds they shouldn't touch it

They're saying nerf it because it's just easy mode and no one class should be better than all of them. Pathfinder is the girlfriend class, the crutch, and she should be brought down to be in line with other ascendancy classes
Not being able to have it has absolutely nothing to do with it.

and its not just easy mode lol all depends on how much money u got to gear a guy also and they are already nerfing pathfinder in big ways with the new patch. you can make any build godly with endless currency. i love this game that's why i support it but it is the only game that i have played and i play alot of games this one every time a patch comes out its always something bad always a nerf its never good i just don't get it any other games i play when they go patches its something really cool like a new guy to play or new weapon or something of the sort path of exile is just always nerfing something so bad not thinking what it does to other players that invested all there money and or time into a item then by them nerfing it just bankrupted that guy instead of nerfing something make the other items that people never use (and there's a lot of them) make them items on par with other items so we have a lot of choices that way you don't have to ruin the good things.
Last edited by eagor on Jul 21, 2017, 3:53:16 AM
"
eagor wrote:
"
"
eagor wrote:
ok cool you got a 70ex flask i'm saying most people want it banned cause they don't want other to have what they cant i could link all my mirrord gear to but i'm not the flask is very good for a lot of builds they shouldn't touch it

They're saying nerf it because it's just easy mode and no one class should be better than all of them. Pathfinder is the girlfriend class, the crutch, and she should be brought down to be in line with other ascendancy classes
Not being able to have it has absolutely nothing to do with it.

and its not just easy mode lol all depends on how much money u got to gear a guy also and they are already nerfing pathfinder in big ways with the new patch. you can make any build godly with endless currency. i love this game that's why i support it but it is the only game that i have played and i play alot of games this one every time a patch comes out its always something bad always a nerf its never good i just don't get it any other games i play when they go patches its something really cool like a new guy to play or new weapon or something of the sort path of exile is just always nerfing something so bad not thinking what it does to other players that invested all there money and or time into a item then by them nerfing it just bankrupted that guy instead of nerfing something make the other items that people never use (and there's a lot of them) make them items on par with other items so we have a lot of choices that way you don't have to ruin the good things.

I cry with my legacy voidhearts.
Even with strand being fixed... people will always adapt and play the easiest and fastest thing they can. But the fact that you guys are taking notice and trying stuff is good news.
Last edited by Tysovwik on Jul 21, 2017, 5:44:48 PM
I love it that you are randomizing some stuff, Josiah. I assume you have read my thread on the subject, even if you didn't agree with everything therein:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1897324

I hope you will continue this trajectory, and ultimately make the entire Labyrinth random. I think you can see how any maphack-equivalent sharing of information will necessarily hamper your efforts to make the Labyrinth materially rewarding to explore:

You want your players to have fun, but affordances and material rewards will always guide player behavior, and rewarding unfun activities (such as trolling reddit every day for ideal layouts, or zipping through the Lab while skipping monsters and side areas) is almost never good game design. I know someone will come along and disagree with this assertion, so allow me to point out that "games"--by definition--are supposed to be fun.

As long as the largest rewards are in the last two rooms, and an absence of randomization makes a beeline to that room not merely possible but functionally ideal, players WILL choose this route, even if it is the less fun route to choose, because you have economically incentivized them to do so.

The changes you describe so far indicate that you understand these things already, but I hope you can convince the GGG team to have the courage to take this all the way. Reddit/Poelab is a cheat, and as such cheapens all your efforts. Make the Labyrinth the outstanding piece of content it has the potential to be.

And if that is impossible, then know that I am grateful you have taken to heart and are at least addressing the deepest (imo) problem the Labyrinth currently has.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Jul 23, 2017, 1:53:06 PM
#makegorgegreatagain
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2651223

YouTube: Demonix Gaming

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info