Weekly Beta Report Six

You will do something with Ignite ? In the Beta it feels a bit to low with all burning notes + pyre + unique Staff it do like 0 damage :O Flat Damage is more and more intressing because you dont need burning notes or pyre to do a bit of damage.
Please consider slowing down the nerf train on this game.

How you can afford crippling nerfs to so many builds and these delays to the release date is beyond me. The masses truly will accept anything GGG throws at them with open arms.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
WizBlizz1994 wrote:
"
More changes to poison and bleed damage. The focus here will be on the top end of damage, where we still have some players able to do millions of damage a second without compromising survivability. We want to reign that in, without damaging general uses of these damage types.

If people cannot do 2-3 million poison dps, it's best to just remove it from the game and apologize. If I can do 3 million dps with Blade Vortex and Ancestral Chieftan effortlessly, I should be able to do 3 million damage per second with poison effortlessly as well.

It's only fair, so could you please restrain yourselves from kicking a dead diseased horse for the next 2-3 patches? Thank you

How about just not being able to do 3 million dps - with anything? No one needs that kind of damage to clear the game. There are sub-100k dps builds that clear all content. Lmao at that '3 million dps or remove from game' idea.

That said, I don't know where GGG is getting those numbers from. What build is it that's getting several million dps from the current DoT system. Especially from bleed. I mean...bleed?! What sorcery is this?
Great Report! Loving the lab and Izaro changes in the earlier labs and the loot update might make it more worthwhile to explore.
Very glad to hear about unique flasks being looked at; the offensive benefits are too much.
Even if strand is nerfed to hell, there will always be another strand. Good to see maps being updated though!

Kinda curious that poison and bleed were mentioned but not ignite. Is ignite considered balanced? Seems like it is in a worse position than poison currently in the beta.
"
Hang on, poison -and- bleed were mentioned as having too much damage? Um, what? Poison I can maybe see as getting somewhere since it can actually stack, but bleed? Is it a massive Vigilant Strike hit or something? Well, Vigilant Strike, Vaal Ground Slam, Heavy Strike, or maybe Sunder... Those are the hardest hitting pure phys attacks on a single hit.

So for the poison to reach ~1m DPS in PoB, I used a maxed out crit/aps jewelled foil and lycosidae, and used Viper Strike, multistrike, added chaos, void manip, vile toxins, and unbound ailments. I grabbed all the chaos/DoT/poison damage and attack speed on the tree that I could grab, skipped life and ES entirely, grabbed 2 frenzies and 2 power charges to use with the already nerfed Perfect Agony.

This is a level 100 build glass cannon designed to exclusively stack poisons, and it is reaching 1 million DPS with poison, a crit flask, and a max rolled Witchfire brew.

So GGG, tell me why you are nerfing poisons and bleeds across the board when the only thing broken about poison and bleed is that you have to make a glass cannon (I wouldn't even call this a glass cannon, this is a freaking dry piece of paper playing with fire).

Alright, so what if I changed this tree to have at least 90% increased life? Clearly this build does way too much poison damage, so lets tone it down and think defensively.

Ok, so at 98% life we deal 683k dps. Yes, that's a lot. But that is focusing exclusively on poison damage and not on life. Your average build is going to require 160% life to not be squishy. Ready?

161% life, 427k DPS. Man, that's pretty good.

Now hang on, why is this so strong?

*unchecks added chaos damage* Well I'll be a son of a gun. 93k DPS with poison now.

So we can safely assume that added chaos support is more than 75% of our damage. So why is poison and bleed getting nerfed when it is added chaos damage that is enabling people to gimmick with a fast weapon?

If you want absurd numbers to go down, target the real problem. Stop breaking average builds in attempt to deal with the overpowered builds.

And look, I don't mean to come across as disrespectful. I love this game. But it's very frustrating as a player to see devs add a mechanic, only to yank the chain and break it because someone uses a gimmick to work around the intended behavior.

A lot of us got excited with the Perfect Agony keystone because we figured "Hey, we can make a super cool build that pokes the mob and suddenly melts them alive". But that stopped after the first nerf. And the keystone is basically worthless after the second and third nerfs.

The only way you can cut this out is to nerf added chaos. So please, GGG, I beg of you. Restore Perfect Agony to its original glory, and just nerf the added chaos support. That's the solution, I promise.

Hell, if you're worried about breaking builds that use the added chaos support for hits, then add a new line to the support for 70%-60% less poison damage.
"
"
sherkhan wrote:
Could you provide build examples for poison abuse?

The public commentary has been that poison is really hard to build around, and we haven't seen any forum examples of these broken setups that are behind the upcoming top end adjustments.

Yeah fairly confused.

Man I hate when they do that.

I always feel like there are five or six no-life buttholes that have tabs of mirrors, and are able to achieve insane numbers with insane perfectly rolled gear, and mess up the game for the hundred thousands other players who will never get there ever. You know, normal humans who play a few hours a day/week that constitue 90% of the player base...

Spoiler
Please tell me the percentage of players who reached 10k ES in non-standard ?

How many players had a proper OP Mjölner build ?

What's the number of people reaching level 100 in temp leagues compared to the number of people struggling to get more than 90 levels ?

That's right, probably a ludicrously tiny fraction, constitued of streamers and no-lifers. Grrr ! Makes me wonder whom audience this game is aiming for more and more. You don't like the super fast clearspeed focused meta that most can't compete with ? Well, let's make a super fast movement skill that let you attack while moving away then. You don't have a super expensive computer and first world NASA optical internet speed ? Well play another game then, it's not like PoE was released around 2011 after all.

Anyway...
Let's hope for a good performance update in 3.0, I am sick of those ground effects.

Also good luck with the Microtransaction update, I have lost hopes for a july release, as well as for the 3.0 release I will probably wait until september at best. I am guessing. It must be incredibly busy at GGG's offices since january or even since Atlas. I can't believe they aimed six new acts for this summer. Sounds completely insane to me.
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
Thanks for all your hard work GGG
Saved
"
Yea, keep overpowered items overpowered! Just make EVERYTHING powerful and unbalanced! Who cares about "clear speed" just being a power creep in disguise, let's just let pathfinders continue to trivialize end-game content because of some goddamn potions!

So this is how this works bud. Every item seems overpowered if its stronger then another item. If GGG nerfed everything then there would still be something stronger and people would complain its over powered. This is the same knowledge poor people apply to people of wealth. If i put 1000 ex into a build you bet your moms horse i better be able to trivialize the content. Hell i should be able to one shot GGG them self with 100 ex worth of gear.

So back to what i said earlier dont nerf top end damage of flasks. Just nerf bottom end and make some stuff Wise oak 10-20% ele pen. Do this for all the strong flasks and apply a SMALL nerf to pathfinder and boom balance.
Any word on the Silver Coin Prophecies? I've been holding on to all of mine to test them out once their Normal/Cruel/Merc requirements are re-worked.
You're seriously balancing poison around shitty reddit builds with 100% inc life that hit a boss for 30 seconds with viper strike LOL. Are the devs even playing the same game as us?(like how they mentioned 25k ES in their ES nerf post ROFL)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info