Weekly Beta Report Two

"
CBEToffOP wrote:

Also i want to ask:
Nodes such as:
1) Increased physical damage with one/two handed weapons.
2) Increase physical weapon damage.
3) Increased melee physical damage while holding a shield.
Will they increase bleed damage?, OR ONLY PURE PHYSICAL INCREASE NODES?

Anyone?
"
Restryouis wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
Do people play ES in the beta?

After the nerf? Why bother?

Yes there are people who play ES in beta and there are people who still whine about the nerf, who you chose to be is up to you.
"
Vasilas wrote:
"
Restryouis wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
Do people play ES in the beta?

After the nerf? Why bother?

Yes there are people who play ES in beta and there are people who still whine about the nerf, who you chose to be is up to you.

I think he meant not ES pool nerf, but inability to INSTANT LEECH ES.
For example BV/BF builds, any melee/close ranged ES build!

As for other ES builds which didn't used Vaal Pact + Ghost Reave, they still viable, but need more investments to get the same ES pool or close to it!
Brutality got nerfed into a gem you might just use until you get your atziri's promise/taste of hate/vinktar setup with proper auras. Past that point you simply lose too much, especially in group play. It is a strong levelup support gem I guess.
"
arknath wrote:
Brutality got nerfed into a gem you might just use until you get your atziri's promise/taste of hate/vinktar setup with proper auras. Past that point you simply lose too much, especially in group play. It is a strong levelup support gem I guess.

What you talking about?
Even before Nerf you couldn't use it with Elemental damage gained from flasks/items/auras and so on.
They nerfed it so people couldn't use it for Phys + Chaos (gain % of Phys as Chaos) builds!
So NOW this gem ONLY for BLEED!

As leveling gem, do you not use Heralds effects for pack?
Still better use standard gems + Hatred/Heralds for leveling then trying to get little extra MORE damage from 1 gem.
"
Torin wrote:
"
Vakyoom wrote:
"
Sinceroodio wrote:

Before verbally lashing out at ppl you should maybe get a calculator, do some theory crafting and some math and even after that you could bring up constructive criticism, not destructive one (that hasn't any foundation to begin with).
As an fyi: i crafted a viperstrike build that could very well do 4.000.000 dps on shaper and 12.000.000 on non boss monsters (not that you would ever need that) with 3 flasks and vaal lightning trap. Sustaining that dmg wouldnt be hard and now looking at the main source of my dmg Perfect Agony made up freakin 70% of my TOTAL dps. Let it sink ... 70% of 12.000.000 / 4.000.000 shaper dps. This nerf is very well justified and the power of the node is being reduced by about 60%. Dont you think picking up crit multi could be still worth it even when the power of this node was reduced by 60% when it originally made up 70% of your total dps? Then we have Deadly Ailments which was too good to be true from the beginning and ppl should have realized it; i was like "is this gem a joke or you for real?" when i saw that 88% more.
Another foreseeable and justified nerf. So far so good but now we come to Brutality. As a prenote on your "why would you use Brutality" question: Poison resulting from a physical hit is scaled by chaos damage AS WELL as physical damage. That being said, you should understand that Brutality is quite a strong source of damage increase on your poison. I think this is a bit going overboard, though. Perfect Agony was way too strong and Deadly Ailments really wasn't in line with other support gems, but nerfing brutality leaves poison builds in an unplayable state imho. All of those nerfes adding up, i deal about 82% less dmg with my previously crafted build.
CBEToffOP you should get your information straight before hammering down on ppl and even then you shouldnt hammer down anybody to begin with.
GGG please reconsider doing this with Brutality.

I read this post a couple times to make sure you were wrong and you were. He didn't 'lash out' at anyone in his entire post. If you think bold and underlined words are lashing out then sucks to be you... That's emphasis on important parts of the discussion and was used in a useful fashion.

As for the rest of your post... You're another one of those guys with a magical 4m dps tooltip that doesn't use assassin right? Or is it that viper strike build with 30 sec ramp up time like I've seen floating around?

I'd like to see anybody link some crazy non-assassin DoT build that's doing 1m dps without a huge time frame or ramp up. I'm serious. Post them here so I can stick them in pob myself and see that shit and we'll tell the whole world. I'll take my beating 100% if there are more than a couple builds hitting numbers that high that don't use decay enabling more modifier skills or assassins Dot modifier.

But it has to be real and it has to be verifiable by anybody else that sees it.

At this point if feels like ggg has been messing around in pob and forgot to turn off EE or left it on normal mob damage and thought they were really looking at shaper dmg... Idk. Trying to make sense of changes this drastic at this stage in the beta is not working for me. So, no sarcasm at all here, somebody ACTUALLY bring a build that does extreme dps without being assassin OR ''more decay shenanigans" and we can all feel better.

But for now it's just people claiming these high numbers when the people who theory all the time couldn't pull similar numbers out of The Count's ass. Somebody is doing something wrong and it has to get sorted out before this gets too much farther.

Here you go: https://pastebin.com/TRSNaA5S

This is with EE and Vaal LT active on your target. THey are already nerfting this one in the patch but not nearly as much as poison and decay versions.

I know that by pasting this GGG will probably now nerf it even more :D

This shows 700k vs Shaper with all buffs including shock and uses soul mantle without kikazaru, while eeking out 5.5k ehp. Not exactly the 4 million that other guy was claiming.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
CBEToffOP wrote:
"
CBEToffOP wrote:

Also i want to ask:
Nodes such as:
1) Increased physical damage with one/two handed weapons.
2) Increase physical weapon damage.
3) Increased melee physical damage while holding a shield.
Will they increase bleed damage?, OR ONLY PURE PHYSICAL INCREASE NODES?

Anyone?

Bleed damage is not increased by anything that specifies melee physical or a weapon type. Right now only pure physical, damage over time or bleed-specific increases affect bleed damage.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
With regards to perfect agony I personally think the best option would be to keep the crit value a little higher then the nerf and to then rise the less hit damage. So for the sake of easy to comprehend values I would say 50-50 instead of 30-30

I feel that would allow for high investment to give good return on damage but at the same time it would largely cripple leech, as people would likely run deadly ailments for max dot the two less values would make it difficult to get the initial hit needed to have leech really function and with the exception to this being the berserker the position of the keystone means you would have to travel a lot if you want to make use of it.

All in all I do agree that 75% was a bit high given the new supports and things like death's opus (to bad I'll never be able to try that pair) but I really think a small nerf to both crit and initial hit makes a lot more sense than just a big nerf to what makes the node interesting.

PS. Having a node that requires huge investment right next to the scion (or any) start seems like adding a bit of a hit to newer players experience as they try it but can't gear for it or even see a difference in there tool tip...
rm -f Vaal Pact
looking foeward to get some bleed action brutality is sounding good but i hope if your giving us a bleed related keystone it should be on the left side of the tree or bottom so that RT characters can get something and we wont all have to get The Perfect Agony to get big enugh bleeds!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info