Weekly Beta Report Two

"
Brutality became useless. Deadly ailments still be useless. Decay is two times shitter then it was.
First buff pure phys to make it in line with other builds. Then nerf it.
No poison phys scrub builds incoming.

Holy shit... Brutality is still an amazing gem for phys/bleed characters that doesn't have to rely on poison due to being poorly built, Deadly Ailments is a great gem for countering reflect on a lot of characters that have any DoT damage, Decay was broken as fuck, you could get it in level 38 and clear the rest of the acts on a two link with ease, something had to be done. Sure, now it will mostly be used for leveling unless there is some other way to scale it, but it will still be a great leveling gem for DoT builds.
What the fuck, stop nerfing DoT crits!
As a beta player, these are just a few of my observations...

I have been playing POE since the very beginning back in the day of early closed beta, and have seen many changes nerfs/buffs, and some I have recently cheered (overlay map! Cyclone, gameplay!) some I have groaned over in the past (armor, and AOE, Reave, ES...so sad). But in my observations of the new 3.0 beta...these stand out.

1) Pantheon is lackluster...ho/hum (insert: big yawn here) this needs to improve! It seems
Spoiler
Sin is taking the good stuff and leaving you the crumbs...
Please make this exciting! Give us the fireworks here for accomplishing a tougher fight (boss kill) and receiving something great to get excited about. (the Life flask regen for the labs is the best though)

2) Make bleed work! It has such a great concept. I like the idea of bleed as a new status ailment, adding it to ignite, freeze, shock, poison...bleed? Great idea! etc. Nice to have this new option, especially for melee/bow builds...keep working on this ASAP it can/will be great!

3) Decay is/was awesome, just remove its ability to work with mobility skills (shield charge)...we need this for DoT builds.

4)Brutality had me hyped, great introduction of a new gem that was really useful, love the trade off of choosing greater defense auras, vs damage auras...sad to see it changed.

5) I was also expecting to see a HUGE noticeable boost to LIFE on gear and on tree, maybe it was me, but I felt I was only seeing a minor bump. (not the big pull to the LIFE camp I was expecting)

6)Without a doubt the overlay map is the greatest improvement, but I have a (non numb-pad keyboard) and for the life of me cannot zoom the overlay map...please allow this option to have assignable keys.

7)
Spoiler
Please keep Dried Lake Merciless in game somehow!!! I am an addicted Dried Lake farmer, (you know wash/rinse repeat style of game-play) and I have been holding my breath...hoping it will be included in either Acts 8/9/10)

Thanks GGG for all the great years...keep up the good work, take you time get 3.0 right!!! We are all hyped!!!
Last edited by Gamr23 on Jun 26, 2017, 9:01:10 AM
"
WizBlizz1994 wrote:
Honestly I feel like they're just trying to kill their game with these excessive nerfs. Seeing these changes only makes me regret buying a supporter pack more and more. Patch 3.0 is the patch that killed the game for me now, I don't see any good coming from this.

What nerfs? What changes? What patch??? I am very confused now.

Patch 3.0 isn't coming out for several weeks, who knows what the changes will actually be at that point.
Does Tuesday count as "end of the week"? Asking for a friend...
The brutality change basically nerfed my unholy might build by like 25% DPS.

This isn't a very good change for build variety.
"
Elpinnen wrote:
"
Brutality became useless. Deadly ailments still be useless. Decay is two times shitter then it was.
First buff pure phys to make it in line with other builds. Then nerf it.
No poison phys scrub builds incoming.

Holy shit... Brutality is still an amazing gem for phys/bleed characters that doesn't have to rely on poison due to being poorly built, Deadly Ailments is a great gem for countering reflect on a lot of characters that have any DoT damage, Decay was broken as fuck, you could get it in level 38 and clear the rest of the acts on a two link with ease, something had to be done. Sure, now it will mostly be used for leveling unless there is some other way to scale it, but it will still be a great leveling gem for DoT builds.

WTF?
Bleed can't be stack so it is not Poison but Bleed which rely on items, and in most cases at 2H weapons! And NOW when Bleed calculated independently ONLY from BASE hit damage!
I saw 1 build which specialized on it Norse's Earthquake Slayer!

And Brutality is ONLY Bleed specialized gem! Because it isn't worth losing other type of damage though auras/flask over a few MORE damage %!

But what is Bleed?
1) Is it Melee? NO
2) Is it Weapon? NO
There are almost no ANY nodes in tree which can amplify Bleed, only near Shadow there are PURE INCREASED PHYSICAL!

And in 3.0 you CAN'T hit HARD and make DoT damage, you have to invest in either 1!
Also problem with Dot as main damage is defense mechanics! Can't leech!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info