Weekly Beta Report Two

"
ZannixFTW wrote:
PoE really needs a new person in charge of balance, it's like they got the team from d3 or something.

This is a online action rpg not a mmo. Things can be really powerful or broken just like the game it was based on (diablo 2). Rory is taking the mmo approach to balancing and listening to redditors who never know what they're talking about, I've witnessed devs doing this for many games and the end results were simply killing the game.

The first major change that needs to be undone is the aoe nerf. All it did was hurt 95% of aoe builds and make it so unless you're RF or something projectiles are the way to go.

The second horrible change is the gutting to ES. Now before you guys cry fotmer I've been doing CI builds since nemesis league and it's my playstyle of choice, I also use ES recharge since most of my builds can't leech. What really made it broken was ghost reaver + vaal pact not the ES values themself. I don't see myself pretty much ever doing a CI build again after 3.0 sadly because unless the gear is really cheap like before it became FotM there isn't any reason not to go with life even if I can find good cheap CI gear.

The next horrible change is simply the how they addressed double dipping. With the current system there is very little on the tree to scale most dot dmg especially bleed resulting on relying way too much on support gems. This is not a fun or creative way to build a character at all.

Oh and please don't tell you guys are actually censoring the tentacle miscreations. I thought the console version wasn't going to effect the PC version yet this censor and the aoe change make it clear that it was done for the xbox port since no real reason has been giving to us as of yet.

Pretty much rory needs to realize end game with godly gear always makes you broken in ARPG's and not to listen to redditors.

"
Tartaros38 wrote:

you did read they change bleed. was just wondering because you especially mention it is weak after they say there will be big changes to bleed including a keystone for it ......

Also brutality was OP anyway. To give it even more power for a heavy drawback seams not to bad for me. I mean it s not like you Atziri's promise spot will be left open or your passiv tree points for the poison nodes will not be skilled at all. Such a powerfull gem (almost perfectly designed for the already OP Starforge item should come at a price. We will see if it was to much or not but it is beta .... were can they try if not here.

So do you truly believe the "big changes" in bleed will not require an excelent amount of skill tree points and support gems to even make bleed "viable"? That will be alot of resources to make bleed something and in order to reach that you will lose resources in Phys damage or Resistances/Defences both from tree and support gem slots. Completely Removing Brutality diversity in order to make it "build especific" just breaks the "New support gems" logic of new builds possibility and old build improvement, as if there wasn't already alots of build specific stuff in poe.
I thought it was suppose to be like july 7th or something.. now we are talking early august?

guess you need to sell more beta keys.

and these stash prices are ridiculous. cant believe even on a "super sale" one currency tab costs 60. and everything is designed so the prices don't work with the increments you sell coins. come the f on.
Please Please Please give us an update list at Launch that shows the total changes from Legacy to 3.0

Trying to navigate through the shifting buffs/debuffs inside the beta process would be just brutal.
Any news on reflect? Currently on live if you spec out of VP as a CI character it's an instant death just touching one.
people just wanna cry like babys all the time. Every release the same nerf this rip poe statements. I can tell you what i see.
They try to balance the game (which is almost impossible if you look at the tree) and one specific way is a little better then an other. What happens after is people see it on a stream and follow like sheep and don t even know why.
I can t agree with every change they made and i don t even understand some of them but the game did get much better over the past years. Of course they did some poor decision but since the game got better they also must have done good decisions too(way more then bad one).

Best example now is life vs es.
Life was always viable since you normally have other defensive mechanics as well which you don t have with es. However people see the bigger number and thing it is better.
It came to a point where es was a no brainer if you were anywhere near the top side of the tree because you could avoid the so called 1-shot. 99% of the things people call 1-shot are just rapid attacks or other shit you can avoid with a other defensive mechanic.

If you get hit by a real 1-shot attack you should die nomatter what build you are and thats a good thing in opinion. You can still reach over 10k es (you just need to spend actual points in the tree instate of dmg). Es is a specific defensive machanic again and only worth picking up for certain build and not all of the top side builds which is good again in my opinion.
There will still be good es builds just no facetank endgame bosses anymore which was boring as fuck anyway (doing t15 boss with dangerous map mods on hc and the biggest worries was if he drops a t15 map or not).

There were and still are immortal builds but people don t care because there were options to scale so much dmg it worked like a defense since you killed everything instant and leech you HP 10 times over with vaalpact all you required for this was the big Nr. on HP which es had. However Es is possible to build with out it and with less es ..... is just requires a more passiv playstyle. BUTthey want to have it all or it is shit (clear a map in under 1min, crazy single target, kill any endgame boss without trouble, ..... guess what i have fun clearing maps in 3min O_O and kill bosses by actually dodge the mechanics they have in fight that lastst longer then 5s).

Still remember my aegis max. block gladiator. I played it in hc and fought a t13 map boss with blue pack still up + dmg map mods. The door rung and i answered it with out even portal out. I could just stand afk there forever. Nothing but degen could kill me which actually did at the end because i started watching movies while playing and a beyond bug killed me.

What did i learn about the character. Immortal builds are fun at the start and get boring pretty fast because you have no real challenge and people don t play a game they find boring for long.
Thats the damn reason they don t remove 1-shots and unlucky combinations of map mods to kill people. Because you have to be careful about the fight you pick and es bypassed this after a certain point. It is still good but not a nobrainer anymore ..... people will get this after they actually tried it out for a while instate of seeing a nerf and call it dead.
And if it is as terrible as all the guys who never tested it say (most people with actual game knowledge don t say it but lets trust the reddit guys for a moment) ... we have have a season of life build ahead of us. where is the problem it that .... we just had 2 or more season of almost only es builds and it was fun at the start.For 4.0 release the es builds will be buffed again and the same nerf life rip poe statments will be said again .... endless circle.

Last edited by Tartaros38 on Jun 24, 2017, 2:12:10 PM
"
DrDraids wrote:
Any news on reflect? Currently on live if you spec out of VP as a CI character it's an instant death just touching one.

will be reworked ... maybe you shouldn t walk around with 1mio dps then :-) or stop offscreen and watch auras if you have the balls O_O
Cant wait to see new act!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
My thougt on this is that for GGG to get data on the new gems and keystones they made them really strong so ppl would pick them up and test them. Now GGG have a lot of field data.

Next step for GGG is to nerf the new stuff to the ground to force players to test new things. This gives GGG more data.

Next step GGG will intoduce new bleeding mechanics (my guess is that those will also be OP to force players to use them) now GGG will have even more data. Steps after this is unknown.

My guess is that all new stuff will be balanced between intruduction OP values and the nerfed version

/Onin
Last edited by Onin_in_Sweden on Jun 24, 2017, 12:44:39 PM
"
vladimirxk7 wrote:
"
Tartaros38 wrote:

you did read they change bleed. was just wondering because you especially mention it is weak after they say there will be big changes to bleed including a keystone for it ......

Also brutality was OP anyway. To give it even more power for a heavy drawback seams not to bad for me. I mean it s not like you Atziri's promise spot will be left open or your passiv tree points for the poison nodes will not be skilled at all. Such a powerfull gem (almost perfectly designed for the already OP Starforge item should come at a price. We will see if it was to much or not but it is beta .... were can they try if not here.

So do you truly believe the "big changes" in bleed will not require an excelent amount of skill tree points and support gems to even make bleed "viable"? That will be alot of resources to make bleed something and in order to reach that you will lose resources in Phys damage or Resistances/Defences both from tree and support gem slots. Completely Removing Brutality diversity in order to make it "build especific" just breaks the "New support gems" logic of new builds possibility and old build improvement, as if there wasn't already alots of build specific stuff in poe.

Brutality diversity ??? it was meant for phys and bleed if it is any good ... they only removed poison. What diversity were you talking about ??? the old style: what ever the fuck you do just make posion out of it and your build has broken dmg ????? ( you actually could go avatar of fire, and convert the fire in chaos and scale the poison and it was still better then the cold version ! you mean this diversity O_O.
Half of the new gems are very specific about 1 element or alignment. Why is this the deal breaker and not the ignite one for example O_O just don t understand it.
And yes i thing it will require some amount of points to skill the bleed. As it takes some amount of points to got crit, burn, spell dmg and so on .....
We have no further information on the changes but you are already certain it will be useless. I always wonder how the game becomes better over time but every decision made by ggg was horrible and people say Nerf X RIP POE. Then 1-2 weeks after lunch they watch streams with broken build and they are happy again.
Last edited by Tartaros38 on Jun 24, 2017, 2:05:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info