[LOOTFILTER] FilterBlade - editor, with lootgeneration & more - optimized for NeverSink's filter

"
NeverSink wrote:
"
Banedaemon wrote:

That has at least been my experience. And when the servers crash or the game has other issues, they are nothing like this crash. This crash is unique, and specific to the filter settings. That is 100% confirmed.

I've seen some other complains. It's like 1-2 people/month, however not a single person was ever able to provide evidence or reproducible case. I think it comes down to people changing something they understand, testing for 30 minutes and then claiming to find gold.

Considering that the filter has millions of downloads per year some of these complains are to be expected - I mean there's literary thousands of people, who believe the earth is flat... (no offense, but please understand my distrust. I'm a master engineer myself, with quite some development and filter development experience, the simple technology behind it makes it... absurdly unlikely.)

Anyway:

1) When do the crashes happen?
2) Can you send me the two filter files you're using?
3) Can you provide a single 1 hour long evidence/stream of you (no cuts) using the non-crashy filter for 40 minutes FIRST and then switching to the crashy one and producing 1-2 consequent crashes?

1) The crashes are pretty random, but always while in a map and I believe always when a monster is dropping something

2) I already linked to both of the filters in my OP

3):
I am fully willing to provide proof. However I think I've already found the source of the issue. But I still need to test further.

I believe the root of the problem, is not the filter (of course,) but rather the fact that I have accidentally been running the 32 bit version instead of the 64 bit version. I am running a 64 bit OS.

I've switched to using the 64 bit version, and have yet to experience a crash with the previously problematic filter file. This is no big surprise. I've used many apps that have both 32 bit and 64 bit versions. It's common for them to crash if you try to run the 32 bit version on a 64 bit OS. It's amazing POE has been as stable as it was for this long. The in-game performance has also increased a lot... No surprise there either. I did think the game was running a bit slow for my hardware.

I shall continue to test for the next few days and see if this is indeed the problem.

Edit:
5 hour session with the "problem" filter and zero crashes running the 64 bit version of POE.exe

Will continue to test, though I'm pretty sure it's solved.

Edit 2:
Crashed while idling. Much more stable running 64 bit version, but not 100%.

Did some more digging, and it appears there are TONS of people having the same crashes as me currently. Apparently it's normal when they do graphics updates. Everyone out there seems to have a different "common" trigger to cause the crash, some frequent, some infrequent, but the errors are always the same.

Seems there is nothing I can do but wait for the devs to figure it out & patch the core-bug causing the issues for everyone.

It's strange that the filter was causing POE to be less reliable, yet everyone has their own strange reasons for the "trigger."

If anyone else out there is having problems, what seemed to help most for me to increase reliability, (and also some tricks that have helped others) is:

1. Use the correct version of POE for your OS (64 bit or 32)
2. Run the DirectX installer in the "redist" folder of your POE installation folder.
3. Delete your "Documents\My Games\Path of Exile\production_Config" file
4. Delete all cache folders in "Documents\My Games\Path of Exile"
5. Turn off Multithreading
6. Use DX9 (last resort, but seems to help a lot of people.)
Last edited by Banedaemon on Sep 14, 2018, 8:59:22 AM
Hi. I'm starting to use FilterBlade, and think it's amazing. Thank you very much for making it. I have one thing though that I can't work out.

I'm customising my own filter, based on Strict. However I want to show all "Armour" and "Armour/Evasion" based Boots, Gloves, Helmets and Body Armour above drop level 65 (normal, magic, rare).

So I go into "Highlight items by Armour Type" and do the following:

- Armour Types : Have only "Evasion / Armour" and "Armour" selected
- Class : Deselect "Shields"
- DropLevel : Set to >=65
- Leave ItemLevel and Rarity set at "Any"

But this isn't working. In Simulate, when I find something hidden that shouldn't be, and I hover it says that a rule hiding ItemLevel >= 65 and Rarity < Rare is overriding it. In the filter file, this seems to be the block in section 0800.

Is this a global rule associated with Strict that I can't edit? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks for the help
I want the world to have my awesome Neptunia loot sounds.

Please consider having them as an selectable option. Nepko is justice.

sounds:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cyqa0ut0tyxezf7/AADy3ILnWncVdpVEM0I6Dgd7a?dl=0
Kuduku, you majestic, magnificent, pulsating, wooden shaft of a man. - ZiggyD
Last edited by MinasMorgul on Sep 16, 2018, 3:54:19 PM
"
QuickJim wrote:
Hi. I'm starting to use FilterBlade, and think it's amazing. Thank you very much for making it. I have one thing though that I can't work out.

I'm customising my own filter, based on Strict. However I want to show all "Armour" and "Armour/Evasion" based Boots, Gloves, Helmets and Body Armour above drop level 65 (normal, magic, rare).

So I go into "Highlight items by Armour Type" and do the following:

- Armour Types : Have only "Evasion / Armour" and "Armour" selected
- Class : Deselect "Shields"
- DropLevel : Set to >=65
- Leave ItemLevel and Rarity set at "Any"

But this isn't working. In Simulate, when I find something hidden that shouldn't be, and I hover it says that a rule hiding ItemLevel >= 65 and Rarity < Rare is overriding it. In the filter file, this seems to be the block in section 0800.

Is this a global rule associated with Strict that I can't edit? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks for the help

Double check your "ItemLevel" and "DropLevel" settings. DropLevel 65 is pretty high and will therefore only accept few BaseTypes. You can check which exact bases with the table-button next to the dropLevel slider.
- Tobnac, FilterBlade developer
"
Tobnac wrote:
Double check your "ItemLevel" and "DropLevel" settings. DropLevel 65 is pretty high and will therefore only accept few BaseTypes. You can check which exact bases with the table-button next to the dropLevel slider.

Sorry, not sure I completely follow. I know 65 is high, I'm looking for high droplevel armour and armour/es to use as crafting upgrades. The filter by default seems to only highlight these if they're already rare. But with the delve fossils, you seem to be able to get some pretty good rolls, so am looking for normal items as well. But even if this is flawed logic, it still seems to me that this is something the filter should be able to do, and either I'm doing something wrong, or the filter is (probably me).

So this is how I have it configured (I know above I mentioned Armour/Evasion, but I meant Armour/ES)

Spoiler

So here, I would expect the Royal Burgonet to be visible, but it's not

Spoiler

It seems that it's conflicted with this setting, which is taking precedence:

Spoiler
#===============================================================================================================
# [[0800]] HIDE LAYER 1 - MAGIC AND NORMAL ITEMS
#===============================================================================================================

Hide # Minimize junk instead of hiding (if "Show") %TC-Junkable
ItemLevel >= 65
Rarity < Rare
Class "Two Hand" "Bows" "One Hand" "Wand" "Sceptre" "Staves" "Claws" "Body Armour" "Gloves" "Boots" "Helmets" "Quivers" "Daggers" "Shields" "Belts" "Rings" "Amulets"
SetFontSize 18
SetBorderColor 0 0 0 100 # BORDERCOLOR: Neutral T4
SetBackgroundColor 0 0 0 75 # BACKGROUND: Hidden

So, not sure what I'm doing wrong, and how to get around this. Thank you.
"
QuickJim wrote:
"
Tobnac wrote:

Sorry, not sure I completely follow. I know 65 is high, I'm looking for high droplevel armour and armour/es to use as crafting upgrades. The filter by default seems to only highlight these if they're already rare. But with the delve fossils, you seem to be able to get some pretty good rolls, so am looking for normal items as well. But even if this is flawed logic, it still seems to me that this is something the filter should be able to do, and either I'm doing something wrong, or the filter is (probably me).

So this is how I have it configured (I know above I mentioned Armour/Evasion, but I meant Armour/ES)

Spoiler

So here, I would expect the Royal Burgonet to be visible, but it's not

Spoiler

It seems that it's conflicted with this setting, which is taking precedence:

Spoiler
# [[0800]] HIDE LAYER 1 - MAGIC AND NORMAL ITEMS

Hide # Minimize junk instead of hiding (if "Show") %TC-Junkable
ItemLevel >= 65
Rarity < Rare
Class "Two Hand" "Bows" "One Hand" "Wand" "Sceptre" "Staves" "Claws" "Body Armour" "Gloves" "Boots" "Helmets" "Quivers" "Daggers" "Shields" "Belts" "Rings" "Amulets"
SetFontSize 18
SetBorderColor 0 0 0 100 # BORDERCOLOR: Neutral T4
SetBackgroundColor 0 0 0 75 # BACKGROUND: Hidden

So, not sure what I'm doing wrong, and how to get around this. Thank you.

Ooh, I see the problem.
Man, we really gotta do something about that...

You are using the custom ShowHide rules for LEVELING.

The filter is completely separated into an endgame and a leveling part. They are completely independent from one another and when you edit anything in the leveling part, it has absolutely no effect on any item with itemLevel >= 65.

Currently, the ArmourType filtering is only an option for endgame rares and leveling items. You could use the endgame rare option for now and we will add one for the global rules with the next update. You will be able to set those up at the very bottom of the Customizer.
- Tobnac, FilterBlade developer
"
Tobnac wrote:
Ooh, I see the problem.
Man, we really gotta do something about that...

You are using the custom ShowHide rules for LEVELING.

The filter is completely separated into an endgame and a leveling part. They are completely independent from one another and when you edit anything in the leveling part, it has absolutely no effect on any item with itemLevel >= 65.

Currently, the ArmourType filtering is only an option for endgame rares and leveling items. You could use the endgame rare option for now and we will add one for the global rules with the next update. You will be able to set those up at the very bottom of the Customizer.

Aaaaaahaahaha

Ok, cool. I understand now. I've manually added those armour and armour/es items above droplevel 65 manually (there's only about a dozen) and they show up. But just to check, I've set the rarity to be only normal and magic. I assume that any rares are highlighted due to the main endgame rules?

Thank you very much. This tool is awesome, and you can see the amount of work you guys have put into it.
Maybe I asking too much or maybe someone requested it already , but since incursion and delve there is an opportunity in path of exile to drop prophecies from chests (in special rooms ofcourse). So if you can add to filterblade filtering bad and good prophecies, that would be great.

Btw thanks alot for filterblade.
Hello!
On the site I can not configure the filter for the quality of the equipment. None of the filters (Soft - Uber Plus Strick) does not display equipment with a quality of +1 - +20. Please, tell me! How to setup?
I see superior gems, hammers, and flasks. But I dont see armor.
Example Superior Sun Leather Quality: +20%

UPD
I found this
Yes, I'm a strange man :)
Last edited by 46oi on Sep 27, 2018, 4:44:11 PM
What am I doing wrong?
Filter Soft - Unique items. Apply current economy data: Auto-Sort by price - Select sorting method: based on highest price - Tier 0:(worth at least 50 Chaos)

Tier 0 (most expensive is worth at least 50c)
I see here "Chain Belt" and other items (icon for example star, font size 45, background White)
But in-game (and tab "simulate") I see this item font size 18, without background, black frame. :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info