The Ascendant Class Changes

nice
but please tell me we can change ascendancy points without res points and doing labs again like with passive tree after a class update
12 Months of play, got my first exalt at lv 13!
.... in Mahyem... thanks GGG for trolling me... >.<
"We've done this by taking some of the more build-defining features from the other eighteen Ascendancy classes and incorporating them on the Ascendant tree."

Thank you for giving another chance to the Ascendant and some of these buffs are interesting but the trade-off and go-around from Ascendant to most of the other Classes still feels lacking off, mostly regarding the special atributes on these ascendancies versus how uninspiring some are;

1; Necromancer, probably the worst Ascendant pick and so far off the real deal, no offering bonuses - even at less effectivness and 20% skill effect as the inciting mod (which is less than a 3 point tree cluster).

2; Elementalist, while this one will allow the best golemancer spec, it's a let down whithin the lack of power on self-cast setups, the absence of utility in a 6sec rare conflux kill and the lack of synergy with other elemental picks like Assassin and Inquisitor.

3; Occultist, only one minus 15 chaos resistance mod as incentive - no extra/effect/auto curse and an unmentionable ES synergy, making no justice to one of the most powerfull chaos archtype ascendancies.

4; Assassin, Maim, Power charges and 1.5% crit at a cost of 3 ascendancy points its almost absurd.

5; Saboteur, altho the damage buff here can be considered legit as well as this pick altogether, might be missing some projectile/aoe synergy here.

6; Trickster, a great defensive choice that fixes mana and adds some -what it could be higher- damage, even if it looks very build-specific these are powerfull buffs.

7; Raider, resumed up 3 ascendancy points vs 30% move speed, 20% ias, 20% cast speed and an unconfirmed sutainable frenzy charge generation - not that interesting.

8; Pathfinder, not the worst, though one of the few that makes less sense - why buff damage and move speed themselves when flask effect it's a thing that can provide a bit more creativity.

9; Deadeye, very high utility pick, one of the best ascendant choices is game.

10; Slayer, again with this uninspired damage add, other than that it's an interesting and with high utility pick.

11; Champion, Taunt and Fortify, would be a more than decent choice if these were both proc'able from global hits.

12; Gladiator, the most disapointing pick, when compared to the original - block, chance to bleed, move speed are very interesting mods, never at these values.

13; Chieftain, a serious potential had this one, and outside the decent chance to ignite it's another unmentionable.

14; Juggernaut, Chill and Stun immunity are interesting but there isn't a really enough leverage here vs a real marauder.

15; Berzerker, used to be something and these concept might work within the marauder tree, but at this point it can't be seen as a legit pick.

16; Hierophant, the best scion pick as a build-enabler, and stronger now. It's also a great example of how simple and dignifying Ascendant should be. (it holds the special property of the original hiero at a new perspective)

17; Inquisitor, no value on this pick tho the right place for an increased focus to consecrated ground effect-utility - elemental and crit should already be covered in Assassin and Elementalist.

18; Guardian, altho the reduced curse effect on urself is one of the best mods in all of these trees, the rest lays on an undefined choice between a tiny bit of defence, or a tiny bit of damage.
Back to The Melee (Reaving Insight): view-thread/1240462
Fusion Skill Engineering: view-thread/1095291
This changes nothing.
Scion is still the worst character in the game and i will never play her until this changes.

Why didnt you make her have same level of ascendancy powers as the other classes?
Its not better to have two ascendancy classes if the skills attained is really bad.
Many bad skills isnt better than fewer (or even one) good ones.

You should have added something like:
If Scion chooses option to start at 2 class locations she get +5 extra skillpoints.
Take away the conditional stuff, give benefits always.

Scion ascendency benefits are so weak anyway so the changes above probably wont event be enough to make her same power as the other classes.
It really would be cool though if you would make her as good as the others, i would love it.
Ill be honest, I dont know what changed. I looked at the scion a few times way back and thought "this looks totally shit, I will never play any of this" and that was that. So when I look at this I cant see whats new, all I know is that it still all looks completely shit and I wont play any of it so... I guess yay for it being slightly less shit for anyone who can even notice?

Whatever, the scion has been dead for so long, its still dead, meh.

I decided to pause and reflect for a day or so before responding to this suggestion. And to be honest, it looks like you just tweaked a few numbers on the ascendant tree without actually changing what the ascendant tree was. These tweaks might make ascendant more interesting for the short term, but leave the core problem the same. If you make ascendant too strong, everybody plays scion, too weak and nobody plays scion. In your attempt to make scion the jack of all trades, it truly became the master of nothing or the master of everything. I think it's still on the master of nothing side (which is better than the reverse). Which means the most significant buff is that you get skill points for taking the path of nodes. You could in the past take two skill points or one skill point and a path of node. Now you take a path of node for the extra skill point, even if you don't use the path.

There are only a couple parts of it I like, slayer for the over max life leech (which might actually be better than slayers version), occultist for the separate ES regen from life regen (which is much stronger for an occultist even though it is conditional) , deadeye for generic projectile modification (versus the real deadeye which is practically just arrows) and assassin base crit advantage (which is much stronger on assassin based on getting 6 power charges). But I'd still rather in general play the deadeye, slayer, occultist, or assassin rather than a mashup of any of this. You still only allowed for picking between other classes ascendancies rather than picking same classes ascendancies. I don't know that I'd want to pick two ranger, or two shadow ascendancies but the limitation hurts a lot of the customization of the scion tree regardless.
I am not sure about other Scion ascendancies, but Gladiator still seems to be weak.

If any ascendancy of any other class gives amplification of 1.0 abstract units, then any of 18 Scion ascendancies should give amplification of 0.5 abstract units, to reach same 1.0 abstract units when 2 Scion ascendancies will be combined. So, if we calculate sum of all bonuses, which are given to Duelist/Gladiator with 8 ascendancy points spent, and we divide this sum by 2 (to estimate 0.5 abstract units), this will still be 2 times better than sum of bonusees of proposed new Scion/Gladiator ascendancy.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
Last edited by DivineChampion on May 23, 2017, 4:48:30 PM
well it still sucks. I may try it but I really don't see any good builds in mind for scion. However this may convince 5% more people to use scion.
bout time :)
8/8 Overachiever
http://twitch.tv/hegemonyTV
http://www.youtube.com/user/hegemonypoe
Hi not so bad....GGG when it will be new supporter pack>?????
hmmm inquisitor still has something with elemental ailments. I guess thats on purpose.
https://youtu.be/Dt9GwmOWoqo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info