The Ascendant Class Changes

Yeah, none of the passives that I pick an ascendancy class for are included even after these buffs. I understand that you don't want the ascendant to basically be two classes combined in power, but just giving them middling bonus passives isn't enough to make it attractive.
Reading text before images .... o shit best perks of other ascendacies.
looking at pics .... feels like all other classes going to be nerfed to the ground if this is a buff to scion.
Ever since the lab came out I've not made a scion even though I made a number previously. The nerf to the starting passives didn't help either of course.

Either way I am glad this is being looked at. Having this class as an option again would be nice.
Holy Crap, the value! I see so many major mechanics that have opened up to her I don't think i'll be playing anything but scion. That raider buff though! Insane!!!

Some of the mechanics I see in this update still need improvement.

Gladiator: '3% movement speed for each hit you blocked recently,' CHANGED to 15% increased shield defenses.
" movement in its self is a defensive stat that works against block chance // Increased Attk spd would help synergies with block. "

Over all, they all seem much more effective kits to be mixed, and matched with. I look forward to this change.

Last edited by satarine on May 23, 2017, 2:01:12 PM
Losing the Spell Block from Gladiator is meh. Reduced Berserker values may indicate a berserker nerf. The Saboteur does not seem to know what it wants to be, but that's a problem with the Saboteur in general.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
XNtrysyti wrote:
Witch=
Necromancer [sic] Elementalist: From 4% elemental reduction to 50% elemental reflect reduction. Still a mostly useless benefit.

Exactly.

"
XNtrysyti wrote:
Lost 30% inc damage per golem type for an extra golem is a horizontal flexibility change.

30% of, for example, cold damage, is a HUGE difference. Jewels can only give 16% cold, and straight cold damage increase on the entire bottom half of the passives tree is only 40% total among three passives. For Scion, unless you're playing a caster and going ES, you're not touching the top half much at all. My build only hits one of those cold damage increase areas in the top half, which is only 43% increase. So yeah, 30% is HUGE for cold damage with an ice golem out. This is a huge nerf. Either your build is forced to go multiple golemns or ditch golems all together and focus on a completely different ascendancy passive area. GGG again limiting build flexibility.

"
XNtrysyti wrote:
Verdict: Nothing much to see here, just some shuffling of mediocre passives. The biggest actual buff is the two extra passive points you get for the new starting point. This manifest could have just been thrown into the 3.0 patch notes and been over with. Disappointed.

It nerfs builds as I mentioned above. Two extra passive skill points, geee, can't even branch into another passives circle much with that.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Very cool, playing scion in 3.0. Also please buff a bit passives near scion start point they are shit compared to other starting points (for example +8 proj dmg, while there is +16 at ranger start). Cheers!
Tl;dr: Scion is still shit.
"
VapidActions wrote:
A couple people raised the point:

The way the images are presented (all three nodes around an ascendancy "highlighted", therefore allocated, as well as the ambiguous wording "other Ascendancy classes available and able to be paired with each other" It may be possible now that you can ascend into multiple ascendancies for the same class (take both occultist and elementalist).

If THAT is the case, the changes and slight nerfs to some instead of across the board buffs make sense, and can really make this viable. If we can now take multiple ascendancies from the same class, meaning with the 8 points we can now achieve 4 total ascendancy nodes (matching other classes for ascendancy notables) this could really be great.

If this could be confirmed / denied, it would be very much appreciated.

Agree with the poster. If we can select multiple ascendancies as an alternate choice to the Path thing, that would be pretty awesome.
Elementalist seems op tbh, on a good build perma conflux like in the old days, especially with nemesis map. But then again ignite will probably suck without double dipping so eh.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info