The Ascendant Class Changes

I'm actually pretty impressed with these. I think the changes to the elementalist, assassin, deadeye, and slayer versions will be very helpful. Not sure why everyone is freaking out about berserker. I understand the nerf, it's been a shell of its former self for a year, get over it. There are other good choices. I can't wait to test these on my many scions!
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Bet she still has epic derp face though.

Even worse her head tilt makes it so i can't wear the brimmed hat and see the bandana attachment
would love to see the passiv points changed to something else.

i feel like that the passiv points is realy what is hurting the sicon in how much power that GGG can give her. as they can be increabiltiy strong aka a jewel or note like CI, blood magic etc. or they can very weak such as a +10 str/agi/int note.

i would there for put forth the idea to change the passiv points into small repersentation of the class it self.

with starts off weak and very gerneal (the second point) and the becomes very spefic and strong (the fouth point).

i feel like that would be way more interseting and would also fixs the sicon main problem with is the fact that the 2 points of the endgame lab realy does not do a lot for her when combared to any of the other ascendancy in the game.

OK, few pretty nice buffs and even most of unchanged ascendant classes looks decent to be useful when you count with additional skill points. Overall good changes but I would rather see less of conditional bonuses.

Now WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SABOTEUR? You removed only usefull stat for trappers - increased cooldown recovery speed and replaced it with such bulshit. Yeah sure place tons of traps and mines before boss appearing and then insta kill him. Why not to support such FUN, right?...

How about for example this?
- 20% chance to create smoke cloud when you place Mine or throw a Trap
- 40% increased Trap and Mine damage against blinded enemies
- 20% increased cooldown Recovery Speed for throwing Traps
- Detonating Mines is Instant

Last edited by Langhun on May 23, 2017, 10:48:38 AM
buff for scion
buff for scion buff for scion buff for scion buff for scion buff for scion buff for scion buff for scion buff for scion
hype
While I think it's a good thing that they're messing up with the Scion, I still think that it's really underwhelming... I see few or no changes at all to it... Maybe I'm missing something here, but I still see no reason to play with it right now =(
Dream with me !
I love how everyone bitches about these changes for all the wrong reasons. The scion from day one has been the most un-unique class in the game, she is litrally a half-ass copy of everything else.

Why not instead introduce a original ascendant tree instead of a copy paste meme aids of everything that already exsists in the game, who the fuck cares about "new" combos on old acendancys.

Mybe try adding something like bonuses to your stats or abilities based on how many jewel slots you take as a scion, or bonuses to acualy gems based on acdent points spent, have something fucking unique and appealing. Everything thats being done for the new content with the exception of a few new cosmetic overhauls to the game is just the same rehash we have all the time, of course character models are being left to rot and npcs are getting updated wooooo who fucking cares, I dont pay micro transaction to watch my stick man walk around and fuckin HD npc make me wonder why im playing a stick man.

Go back and fix/update simple things that everyones hated for years now.

Add something "acually new" to the dynamic of the game, this can be as simple as making spell affects cast by players diffrent in trajectory then others on first cast, just to add some more visual flavour without breaking peoples PCs woooo new water bro in EXTREME HD with suround sound.

Once you have a completed game platform thats not full of bugs and half finished shit, then poor your new found money into something new again like I dont know xbox/console aids and then hemmorage money because doing such a thing for this kind of game has litrally never worked out gj.
"
Hilldrake wrote:
While I think it's a good thing that they're messing up with the Scion, I still think that it's really underwhelming... I see few or no changes at all to it... Maybe I'm missing something here, but I still see no reason to play with it right now =(

no your seing exactly whats being done gj
There is still no reason to do 4th/Uber lab, giving players additional passive skill tree points doesn't address the problem.

Please rather than giving us two additional passive skill tree points, consider removing that option all together and allow us to specialize in 3 ascendancy classes; i.e. let us pick Deadeye + Elementalist + Slayer.

Otherwise, proposed changes are still weak and won't make me play a Scion.
The sad thing is that there's not really much Grinding Gear can do to Make the Scion Great Again without...well, undoing Ascendancies. The Scion's central positioning on the tree isn't nearly a strong enough factor to overcome the incredible power of the more focused Ascendancies of other classes. The fact of the matter is that unless a specific combination of Ascendant passives AND the ability to branch out more easily around the tree are both of benefit, it's rare for a build to work better, or even simply just as well, on the Scion as it does on anyone else. Which is sad because the Scion is my favorite character and I almost never get to play it anymore unless I feel like derping around.

That said...I like the cut of these changes' jib for the most part. The fact that the 'Path Of' nodes give two extra skill points is the real win here; Scion now gets +4 skill points over another class, which can start to be pretty crucial for point-hungry builds. That and it actually gives a purpose to running Uberlab for a lot of builds that didn't otherwise care much about 'Path Of' nodes and just turned Uberlab points into a couple of skill points anyways. Now you get one extra SP regardless and also choice of start node elsewhere. Most of them at least have a bit of extra life hanging off the start you can snag.

I'm going to miss auto-Cull on Ascendant Slayer, but getting Endless Hunger is a pretty good trade, methinks. A few of the other Ascendant nodes are more worth taking now; Raider was always almost good, now for some builds it can actually be all the way to good, Scion can now get its choice of reflect protection, Pathfinder isn't putrid anymore. A lot of them are still kind of blah, but they're getting closer. Another few rounds of this and the Ascendant might actually be playable outside Ancestral Chieftain builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info