The Ascendant Class Changes

I'm happy GGG is putting work into Scion, but I don't think this will be enough to make anyone use her. The extra 2 points were nice, but Uber lab will be a luxury at best because you don't have a ton of points to spend and go to a new part of the tree at that stage.

I also think these ascendancies are underwhelming compared to their natural counterparts. I don't think this will make myself or others choose scion over other classes, unfortunately.
Oh yay now she is good enough to be used for some edgy crit build, still shit for everything else.

I do not understand why you take the abilities of other ascendencies that are good and make them just worse, stick them into this class and call it a day. For example I would NEVER choose the necromancer node before or post update, its pure shit compared to the actual necromancer ascendancy, the same goes for every non shadow/ranger node.

Remove this fucking class or actually get creative and come up with interesting abilities that embody the unlimited potential the scion is supposed to represent. This is the laziest design I've seen from you guys.

She will keep being the least played character in the game, MAJOR changes are needed to make her appealing to play and not the kind you have been doing so far. Something entirely new and fresh is needed, not a mediocre derivative of already good existing classes.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
Last edited by Ageless_Emperion on May 23, 2017, 8:29:01 AM
"
Oh yay now she is good enough to be used for some edgy crit build, still shit for everything else.

I do not understand why you take the abilities of other ascendencies that are good and make them just worse, stick them into this class and call it a day. For example I would NEVER choose the necromancer node before or post update, its pure shit compared to the actual necromancer ascendancy, the same goes for every non shadow/ranger node.

Remove this fucking class or actually get creative and come up with interesting abilities that embody the unlimited potential the scion is supposed to represent. This is the laziest design I've seen from you guys.
+1
WTF GGG?

So all of us who made Scions because they're under-powered and would never be nerfed, get NERFED and you try to call it a BUFF? Elementalist no longer has 30% damage for Golem of matching type? And you call that a buff? And Deadeye can no longer cause bleeding?

WTF?

Quit nerfing things and calling it a "buff". Damn, you haven't learned, even after the community made the meme "this is a buff". /facepalm

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Good and much needed changes, i like it.

And still they continue to ignore that the root problem with the Scion tree is the wasting and over-focus of points, making it almost worse by piling even MORE onto that third and sixth point instead of, god forbid, giving something defining with the second point like everyone else. For your first lab, you get... a passive point and some base stats. A passive point and some base stats. And this clearly does not contribute to the root feeling that Scion ascendancy is bland and underpowered... clearly.

It would have been better to buckle down, acknowledge reality, and give Scion the flexibility of merging FOUR individually less-powerful build-re-defining nodes like the other classes all do instead of carrying on with this awkward 3 points for anything significant, uber-lab-is-almost-useless design. But hey, at least uber lab effectively grants her a couple more passive points now. Kinda like putting a band-aid on a gaping axe wound.

Worst overall problem with the teams doing changes like this and the ES nerfs? Heads in the sand. Even ostriches aren't this blind and deaf.

And before anyone says "oh but that would make Scion OVER-powered, why be any other class then", for one, she still wouldn't have access to everything the individual classes have - only some subset thereof, with adjusted powers to suit the fact she can pull from all classes. For two, if they actually made the tree more suited to the fact Scion only has ONE class and the others each have three, she'd still have to specialize more into one class' powers to get some things instead of mixing from, say, the first tiers of four different ones instead. You know. Trade-offs. Like a good passive tree is SUPPOSED to offer.

They need to admit the fact that giving only boring base stats and a passive point for the first 2 points is a terrible idea and re-design Ascendant around even numbers, since the entire Ascendancy system is rooted in even numbers, not 3s.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
Last edited by TheLastZica on May 23, 2017, 8:50:40 AM
What is really bothersome is the 3 pages of idiotic "HYPE" and "AWESOME" posts on every single manifesto before you get to anyone who put an ounce of thought into their feedback.

GGG: Please make a minimum character count for manifesto replies so you won't graze past all the good posts due to the flood of morons trying to get a post on the first page. Or at least install a post ranking system so we can upvote or downvote a post, while moving the highest rated posts to the first page.

TL;DR If you have nothing intelligent to say, don't say anything at all.

Now did I miss something, or is each of those ascendancy legs only 7 nodes? If so, why am I the only one who noticed this? If this is correct, it means this class will always have one wasted ascendancy point if investing in an entire path.

Perhaps I didn't quite understand what "grant two additional passive skills" actually meant. It sounded to me as like there is a "Path of" node they didn't show us that will grant 2 additional passive points (not Ascendancy points) when starting at another class. Anyone care to elaborate or explain?
Hmm soo slayer got 10% more dmg instead of culling strike. Soo its a 0% effective change.

Reflect protection that is a buff.
Ability to mantain leech over but no ability to gain overkill dmg.

Soo i am bit on the edge.
Hmm. When I saw the "Ascendant class changes" news I was so excited. But as it often happens, I did not get anything interesting. Everything looks very lazy, it seems to me that some people in the GGG don't do their job well.

I just want to say that the Scion is an interesting character and she must have all unique ascendancy skills no one else can do. Like "50% chance to gain a power charge when place a totem" Hierophant path and so on. Please show us your creativity GGG. With Scion Ascendancy you can do a lot of interesting things. IMHO. Thank you.
"
elwindakos wrote:
"
Raghin wrote:
"
While it's largely the passives changing, the "Path of" passives that allow you to start at another class's tree will also grant two additional passive skills so that players may gain an immediate increase in power when taking these points.

Question:
Is that a mistake (as in did you mean 2 additional skill points)

????
the "Path of" passives that allow you to start at another class's tree will also grant two additional passive

*Spam repeats*

Please refrain from using partial context (You cut off the other portion of my question derp). Path of passives is the node name. A Passive point / skill point is what goes into the actual nodes.

PASSIVE SKILLS (nice and clear for you) are often referred to as actual abilities such as the ones on the major nodes just shown on the ascendancy tree. I asked if he meant skill point (those things you get on level up yah know bro?) rather than two additional PASSIVE SKILLS (which would imply an ability is gained on the node itself such as what is on each of the class specific ascendancy nodes)

If you can't understand the "why this is being asked" then you don't understand the question or DESIRED reference to possibly getting something better than extra skill points. So, don't answer it?
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info