The Ascendant Class Changes

i've waited for these changes for so long time
and then i've got this

so frustrating
NICE NERV - not 1% spellblock - for real ? - complete useless now Gladiator. This change is maxium worse. So i can delete all my scions for the last years. Beta - goodbye.
Last edited by KlausKleenex on May 23, 2017, 7:11:35 AM
Sorry but when i read Ascendant Changes i kinda hoped for something more unique.
Why does the Scion have to be a weaker Copy of other Ascendancy Classes?
"
Meah5 wrote:

"
With the defining features of other Ascendancy classes available and able to be paired with each other, this should increase the power of the Ascendant to be more comparable with other classes and enable some previously never before seen combinations.

"

Help, am I reading this wrong or are u saying that say NECRO + ELEM, RAIDER + DEADEYE, SLAYER + CHAMP, .... or all 3 NECRO + ELEM + OCC. Scion cant choice more than 1 Class defining feature point right now, but in 3.0 u can pair two or more of the Same Class defining points, then we would really see new combos. Or I'm just too tried to read ur engurish right...

"

If that were so, then, Scion would be competitive.

Looking through all the wheel combinations, 4 picks would give her nice power, but no broken synergies that I can see. This is probably because the skills don't synergize and there's nothing defining in any of the sets given.

Let's say you pick Elementalist + Necro + Assassin + Trickster. Pretty high powered.

*exactly*
I see so much about what people would have liked or not change on a particular ascendance node, but I don't see much about real game changing things like are they saying we can have more then 1 ascendance node of a class. if So we can have 4 class defining ascendancy nodes after uber. Would be nice haha.

Hey,

I've just read that part of the article that way : we could have more than 1 ascendancy class from the same class ! And that's quite a good buff if it's confirmed...

With 8 points and no tree change :
+40 stat => +1 sp => 3 ascendances from class A => +1 sp => start of class A +2 sp => +40 stats

or

+40 stats => +1 sp => 2 ascendances from class A => +40 stats => +1 sp => 2 ascendances from class B

That's starting to make things more intersting ?
Appreciate the changes but still not good enough. Playing the original class will still always be better. Only way it can be done is if ascendant can use 4 ascendancy points off each original ascendancy tree.

Ascendant, Trickster and Hierophant need buff/changes still. I played all classes and these are by far the worst. Anyways keep the trying coming :D
WTB Map drops since 2013
Hummm it's me or Trickster Damage over time +30% + ES 250 is over?
Last edited by byakuya44 on May 23, 2017, 7:52:44 AM
seems still weak for me.

gladiator for example.

best trait is 100% spell block in my opinion.

now the scion didn't have spell block at all.
excuse my english - i am from sauerkraut & bratwurst land ;)
Power creep got you in trouble... and you haven't learned from it. At least you seem somewhat reserved here. The "buff the weak" strategy of game development leads to problems like we're seeing with energy shield. Seriously. If you want your game to last another 5 years you're going to have to learn not to do this.
I went over every "change" and the best thing I could see is maybe an assassin + raider/deadeye

anything else seems way too weak for the builds that I might go for...

or is it just me?
Most of the changes look decent (plus extra passive after uber lab!)

One change I'm sad about is slayer...
I had a vaal righteous fire build that used the "leech over kill damage" portion and now that's gone. Oh well, time to rethink

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info