Does anyone else find the ES nerf tears amusing?

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
bhavv wrote:
So explain again how easy it is to build armour and ES with items such as the ones you posted without trading.

It isn't. Playing without trading is really, really hard. If someone told you that GGG were making balance decisions based around SSF then you have been given incorrect information. They made it abundantly clear at every stage of SSF implementation that the game wouldn't be changed or re-balanced in any way to accommodate SSF. They simply gave us the official game mode, that's all.

With that in mind, what you are talking about (game balance with regards to people who don't trade) is completely and utterly irrelevant to the conversation of life/es balance.

Lets look at it from another angle or two then:

- Why is it relevant to nerf things based on what the top elite / minority of players have?

- Why is it relevant to nerf things based on dumpster, I mean, standard league?

- How does it make the game any more challenging / less easy for the average player, or those playing on any temporary league?
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
bhavv wrote:
- Why is it relevant to nerf things based on what the top elite / minority of players have?

It isn't only top tier players that are getting 12-15k es, it's relatively easy to achieve. I got well over 10k this league in SSF on my occultist, and in trade leagues p.much anyone can break 12k es without a massive currency investment. The gear I linked was an example of top tier armor/es, it was mediocre in terms of pure es numbers by today's standards.

"
- Why is it relevant to nerf things based on dumpster, I mean, standard league?

See above.

"
- How does it make the game any more challenging / less easy for the average player, or those playing on any temporary league?

Dafuq?
Last edited by MonstaMunch on May 18, 2017, 12:22:30 AM
Frankly, it's been a long time coming in my opinion.

And yes, a nerf is better than a buff in this case, otherwise we'd get a ridiculous amount of power-creep. Players shouldn't have to feel that they're making an obviously inferior choice if they choose EV/Life, and for a long time now, that is the choice I've felt I've been making.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
"
Unquietheart wrote:
And yes, a nerf is better than a buff in this case

They did both.
I'm looking forward to all the changes (those we know and those we don't know yet) and how they come together in the Beta and final launch version. Keep working towards that launch GGG.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Extremely amusing. Rich players face tanking with high ES thinking they're good are gonna have to change builds.
But seriously, 9k health is as hard to get as 25k ES?
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
It is kind of amusing seeing people who relied on the no-skill CI/GR/VP combo complaining that they no longer get a free ride...

The change is a step in the right direction though.

Hopefully VP still existing for Life builds merely serves as a means to get those players who can't play without godmode to swap to Life so GGG get a ton of data on Life and the defences people use. Before they nuke VP out of existence completely and make everyone rely on percent health sustain rather than percent damage sustain...

Would be interesting if everyone had to rely on Regen, Regular Leech and ES Recharge (Though, ES Recharge still being pretty much Witch only is lame)

As it means burst damage could be toned down, so it's still threatening but isn't so instant-RIP out of nowhere because that's the only thing that can shut down percent damage sustain builds...

Less burst damage also means the value of Armour and Evasion comes up, since it means fewer make or break high damage hits that Armour doesn't do well against and Evasion can be hit or miss (Literally) with.

Good riddance, now everyone will get shit on by volatile and burst damage. I bet regen and armour are going to be really strong now!
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I am so happy about these nerfs and seeing how many people would commit suicide hahaha!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info