Does anyone else find the ES nerf tears amusing?

"
KZA wrote:

The most amusing part is seeing some players that asked for years for ES nerf, complaining today about this manifesto.

This forum deserve to be adapted in a movie.
Hf :)
"
pneuma wrote:
That's exactly what it is.

There is very little difference between "buff Life" and "nerf ES" in terms of player choice.
There is a world of difference between "buff Life" and "nerf ES" when it comes to difficulty.

Luckily GGG understands these variables better then players in general. Most of players complaining on forum don't even understand a lot of variables in play when it comes to balancing are actually intrinsically coupled.

I am very happy for drastic changes :D!
Tears make streams. Fish live in streams. I like fish.
/MonstaMunch
Last edited by Powderoff on May 18, 2017, 9:37:26 AM
I'm not upset these changes will never make it through.

kills LL because ES values will be less than life with no leech

and mostly CI too for similar reasons.

They'll scale it way back.
Git R Dun!
"
Stefacle wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
Tears make streams. Fish live in streams. I like fish.

Changes look good, I legit have nothing bad to say about it at all.

Comment of the day, thanks for the laugh Monsta!

EDIT: And thanks for the new forum signature, hope you don't mind (I know you don't)

<3
There's bound to be crying no matter what GGG does. Granted how resourceful these 15-25K ES players usually are, what's keeping them from finding and abusing another form defense come 3.0. Start fresh, change is good.
"
monsoonrider wrote:
There's bound to be crying no matter what GGG does. Granted how resourceful these 15-25K ES players usually are, what's keeping them from finding and abusing another form defense come 3.0. Start fresh, change is good.

Well after the changes, if they happen, 25k ES characters with still have 17-18k ES.

8K ES characters will have 5k ES. Totally fair!
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
Heli0nix wrote:
"
KZA wrote:

The most amusing part is seeing some players that asked for years for ES nerf, complaining today about this manifesto.

This forum deserve to be adapted in a movie.
Yep. If anything, GGG has been very kind to the players that use ES builds because it took several years for a huge sweeping nerf to happen to ES at its core and not just changes to the CI node specifically.
"
KZA wrote:
A lot of people have been saying, "Why did you nerf ES, why not just buff life? Now everything is trash tier!"

The way I see it is that if everything is trash, then that's just the equivalent of monsters getting more challenging, except now our options for different defenses are on more of an even playing field. I don't know about you, but I rather like the idea of bringing some of the challenge back to the game....

You´ve got no clue about psychology mate.
If you take something away that people regard as precious, they feel like you´ve stolen from them personally.
Instead, giving something to those who need it (life...) would have had a totally different reaction.

So no, it´s not amusing at all; given the fact that GGG even mocks their players (with the limeric from Rory) I find it even less funny.
"
IamLoco wrote:
"
KZA wrote:
A lot of people have been saying, "Why did you nerf ES, why not just buff life? Now everything is trash tier!"

The way I see it is that if everything is trash, then that's just the equivalent of monsters getting more challenging, except now our options for different defenses are on more of an even playing field. I don't know about you, but I rather like the idea of bringing some of the challenge back to the game....

You´ve got no clue about psychology mate.
If you take something away that people regard as precious, they feel like you´ve stolen from them personally.
Instead, giving something to those who need it (life...) would have had a totally different reaction.

So no, it´s not amusing at all; given the fact that GGG even mocks their players (with the limeric from Rory) I find it even less funny.

its not funny...

its freaking Hilarious

I love the way GGG pokes fun at its own player base
I dont see any any key!
"
IamLoco wrote:
giving something to those who need it (life...) would have had a totally different reaction.

They did that too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info