Does anyone else find the ES nerf tears amusing?

"
GGG doesnt understand that nerfing everything is stupid

GGG aren't fond of one-dimensional defense, faceroll clearspeed being the main meta. Chris hasn't directly stated such but he has said pretty point blank - "we have a problem with movement skills". This is their way to fix it - encourage you to slow down and think defensively as you progress into top-tier content. Without making direct changes to movement skills.

Now everyone has to worry about oneshot mechanics, not just life builds. Hop from screen to screen blowing everything up without even seeing your targets? It's not survivable anymore.

I hope they stick to their guns on this, though i know it will flex somewhat in days to come.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on May 17, 2017, 8:46:37 PM
Long overdue.

The day of contemplating how I am going to run CI as a melee duelist because it's STILL better, are finally over
I expected GGG to do something about ES with instant leech and and the juicy ES notable behind CI, and they did. However, adding the drawback on Ghost Reaver because it was favored more toward CI builds versus Life/ES hybrids feels like a joke. The idea of making a Life/ES build is to have ES be a buffer while still retaining life leech for the Life Side. Low life build with ES is still an ES build, so this one is taking a bigger hit than CI since they can just go ZO now. It certainly does not help ES is globally getting a nerf.

I do expect this not to be the last balance change for ES since this was a very big nerf.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

We told them power creep was bad for their game. We warned them that their incremental approach to balancing would eventually crash. They knew all along that they'd have to bring stuff back down to reasonable levels.

Other game developers should take notes on what not to do to their games.
I always felt that Life was undervalued and ES was overvalued, and both actions needed to be taken of buffing Life and ES getting a nerf to put them both closer to a middle of the gap between them rather than just crapping on ES or overbuffing Life, putting one or the other to the other extreme.

So I'm pretty happy with the start of what they're doing.
Tears make streams. Fish live in streams. I like fish.

Changes look good, I legit have nothing bad to say about it at all.
"
Zakaluka wrote:
GGG makes a mention of builds that specialize in both life and ES. I never really understood ES/armour/life and ES/EV/life builds - they just seem really confused to me.

There are benefits, like easier colouring, and getting big buffers while also using Life flasks.

I haven't been able to make them "work" at all without using Trickster, though. The current endgame is very much centered around fast Recovery and the 60% faster Recovery on the bottom Trickster node is pretty much the only way to keep both pools full all the time.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
It had to happen. however, it isn't amusing in the slightest that GGG's devs let things get so far out of whack before finally stepping in.

What good can come out of treating some of the player base so unnecessarily terribly? Do better internal testing, and/or get better devs who can.
"
Zakaluka wrote:
"
KZA wrote:
A lot of people have been saying, "Why did you nerf ES, why not just buff life? Now everything is trash tier!"

I mean, it's the right way to go. lowering ES powerlevel will certainly force people to slow down and incorporate multi-layered defenses into their builds.

The clearspeed meta will still be accessible but only by absurdly geared players. It won't be the standard means of progressing a build through content.

I'm quite happy with GGG's choices in this matter. Also, itemization changes add power but ensure said power is gated behind lots of blood and sweat. (itemization!)

The thing is you can't. If you go ES you accept the fact you're literally made out of paper. And that's why people offset the lack of defenses with as much of a health pool they can muster. If GGG makes the health pools equivalent, then what's the point of having two distinct pools?

They have not at all thought this thru. Like at all.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
"
Zakaluka wrote:
"
KZA wrote:
A lot of people have been saying, "Why did you nerf ES, why not just buff life? Now everything is trash tier!"

I mean, it's the right way to go. lowering ES powerlevel will certainly force people to slow down and incorporate multi-layered defenses into their builds.

The clearspeed meta will still be accessible but only by absurdly geared players. It won't be the standard means of progressing a build through content.

I'm quite happy with GGG's choices in this matter. Also, itemization changes add power but ensure said power is gated behind lots of blood and sweat. (itemization!)

The thing is you can't. If you go ES you accept the fact you're literally made out of paper. And that's why people offset the lack of defenses with as much of a health pool they can muster. If GGG makes the health pools equivalent, then what's the point of having two distinct pools?

They have not at all thought this thru. Like at all.

Except the pools *aren't* equivalent. They said people will still be getting 15,000 ES.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info