Does anyone else find the ES nerf tears amusing?

"
"
bhavv wrote:
Well after the changes, if they happen, 25k ES characters with still have 17-18k ES.

8K ES characters will have 5k ES. Totally fair!

That's not how it works. You read like 1 paragraph and ignored everything else.

TOP TIER rolls will be reduced the most (the kind that you have on these builds), while mid tier stays mostly unaffected.

So, realistically speaking, those 25k ES builds will be looking at roughly 15k ES now (estimated after all the nerfs) and the 10k ES builds will have about 8-9k. Which is still above the average for a Life build.

That IS how it works. They cant retroactively nerf modifiers on items already in the game, they can only nerf innate values. The manifesto theorises -33% BASE ES on vaal regalias / hubris circlets etc.

Just like when they nerfed evasion shields because OMG evasion so stronk.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on May 18, 2017, 12:11:00 PM
In short, the extremely geared/ rich people remain the same, cruising any boss in the game in 3s.
The mid tier player with "okay" gear, like me, now become trash tier and have to do everything all over.
The trash tier player remain trash like they always do.

I find it funny that my only "uber" toon now become trash and there go my only source of imcome =/
As long as they do it right i'm ok with it. It would be nice to be able to do either or depending on pathing, not any build has to path directly to CI at the very least then start going elsewhere in the tree.

I would really be nice being able to pick either life or ES, and both have their ups and downs defense wise.
yes, crying is healthy.
d:-D*
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
yes, crying is healthy.

as long as no one sees you do it
I dont see any any key!
I think someone should try a evad/dodge +es build since i dont think people do this because you dont need to as es now

Evad was ment to go with ES if you think about it

ES needs to recharge
Evad stops you from getting hit sometimes

Not getting hit = recharge can start
Recharge starting = regen es
Full es = profit?!?!?
Last edited by Lynerus on May 18, 2017, 2:39:04 PM
"
Lynerus wrote:
I think someone should try a evad/dodge +es build since i dont think people do this because you dont need to as es now

Evad was ment to go with ES if you think about it

ES needs to recharge
Evad stops you from getting hit sometimes

Not getting hit = recharge can start
Recharge starting = regen es
Full es = profit?!?!?

The issue often is that it's not reliable.

At base, you need 2 seconds of not being hit to START to recharge. Then you need to not take any damage while it recharges (Outside, specifically, Occultist. Literally only that one ascendancy class)

The passive tree includes a whole 15% faster recharge delay. Meaning 1.7 seconds of not being hit to START to recharge.

Outside of that you're looking at a few niche items and trying your luck on jewels...

This is to say nothing about Spells and Degen which evades do nothing about, meaning in a lot of content you won't ever be recharging. Even as Occultist with Soul Strike and a couple of jewels...
"
Does anyone else find the ES nerf tears amusing?

Highly amusing.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info