Does anyone else find the ES nerf tears amusing?

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
If you go ES you accept the fact you're literally made out of paper

I'm would be genuinely interested to know what you think the word "literally" means.

"
The thing is you can't. If you go ES you accept the fact you're literally made out of paper. And that's why people offset the lack of defenses with as much of a health pool they can muster. If GGG makes the health pools equivalent, then what's the point of having two distinct pools?

They have not at all thought this thru. Like at all.

They haven't thought it through, or you didn't read it and do the math? If you go all out ES you still end up with a 30% bigger pool than if you go all out life. The idea is to make them equivalent in usefulness, not identical in value. The changes sound like exactly what was needed.

You kind of also have 0 armour if you go all ES, kind of the main reason for why ES has always had bigger numbers because it replaces both life and armour on gear.

Its also technically not an alternative to life, its an alternative defense to armour.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
"
bhavv wrote:
You kind of also have 0 armour if you go all ES, kind of the main reason for why ES has always had bigger numbers because it replaces both life and armour on gear.

Its also technically not an alternative to life, its an alternative defense to armour.

Let's not pretend that GGG didn't add a ton of new options for defense. People are just too lazy to utilize what they get and rather complain instead.

There's a reason why Cobalt Grand Spectrum jewels exist (also, there's Aegis *hint hint*). If you are the kind of person who just invests into DPS jewels instead and then complain that you lack Armour, then you really should stop talking about it.

And if youre the kind of person that doesnt even play SSF, you should maybe stop talking period.

We dont all revolve around playing this game as a trading simulator.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
bhavv wrote:

Disagree. People often ignore armor with ES but there is no need to. You can get 12-15k es while getting a decent amount of armor at the same time.
Spoiler

Additionally, given that you aren't using any flask slots for life, there's no reason not to take a granite and a basalt.

"

Except armor does nothing for ele damage and ES works as a buffer against it in exactly the same way as life. It should be as you described, but isn't.

"
bhavv wrote:
And if youre the kind of person that doesnt even play SSF, you should maybe stop talking period.

I only play HC SSF but it has been made abundantly clear that the game isn't designed or balanced for it, and that's something I (and you) knew going in to it.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on May 17, 2017, 11:46:10 PM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
An additional 1.5-2K health pool does not offset the immense downside of ES (no flasks, no VP, no physical mitigation, no regen, no stun mitigation and inability to handle bleed/poison).

Again, just nerfing the pool is dumb and it's leech is dumb.

Assuming your life and es numbers in the bit I didn't quote are correct (and they aren't, but that's a separate issue), you're still wrong.

- No flasks? You're being melodramatic, you meant to say no life flasks. Given that they aren't nerfing faster start of es regen, I don't see why that would be a problem.

- No phys mitigation? Do basalt flasks, endurance charges, fortify and armor not exist for people with es? You already saved yourself a flask slot afterall ;)

- No regen? Did you miss the bit where Zealot's Oath isn't getting touched?

- No stun mitigation? There is stun mitigation everywhere, just people consider it worthless (then complain about getting stunned all the time).

- Inability to handle bleed/poison in what sense? Poison is chaos, which CI is immune to, what is there to handle? For bleed just use a flask like everyone else (a lot of life based chars carry one too).

Next?

CI =/= ES. Makes everything you say pretty irrelevant when you don't know the difference between the two. Gee what are LL builds? I always pick up CI with my Shavs like duh....

Lol.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
CI =/= ES. Makes everything you say pretty irrelevant when you don't know the difference between the two. Gee what are LL builds? I always pick up CI with my Shavs like duh....

Lol.

The only one of my points that doesn't apply to low life was being immune to poison..... Try again?
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
bhavv wrote:

Disagree. People often ignore armor with ES but there is no need to. You can get 12-15k es while getting a decent amount of armor at the same time.
Spoiler

Additionally, given that you aren't using any flask slots for life, there's no reason not to take a granite and a basalt.

"

Except armor does nothing for ele damage and ES works as a buffer against it in exactly the same way as life. It should be as you described, but isn't.

"
bhavv wrote:

I only play HC SSF but it has been made abundantly clear that the game isn't designed or balanced for it, and that's something I (and you) knew going in to it.

How do you only play HC SSF when you linked two god tier items from regular HC which Im 100% sure you purchased not self found hmm?

Do you honestly expect every player in the game to self find / craft items like the ones you just linked?

Obvious liar / hypocrite spotted. Please use more effort next time.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on May 17, 2017, 11:57:12 PM
"
bhavv wrote:
How do you only play HC SSF when you linked two god tier items from regular HC which Im 100% you purchased not self found hmm?

I've only played SSF HC since it has existed as a game mode. I linked the items in the context of you saying that CI builds don't get armor as a means of showing that they can while still having an outrageously massive es pool.
Spoiler
On a side note, I made those items myself, though it's fair to say I traded for the currency I used to make them.

"
Do you honestly expect every player in the game to self find / craft items like the ones you just linked?

No. As I just pointed out (and as you already know), the game isn't designed or balanced for SSF and it isn't going to be. GGG have made that very clear from the outset. Complaining that things aren't balanced for SSF isn't relevant to the conversation, it's a different argument that belongs somewhere else.

"
Obvious liar / hypocrite spotted. Please use more effort next time.

Now you're just being rude and obnoxious. I addressed your points one by one, and you don't seem to have a relevant response.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on May 18, 2017, 12:01:36 AM
And Ive only played self found since closed beta, with the exception of one amulet I purchased in closed beta and free things people gave me or I found in guild stash when I was in a guild.

So explain again how easy it is to build armour and ES with items such as the ones you posted without trading.

- PoE TOS.
"
bhavv wrote:
So explain again how easy it is to build armour and ES with items such as the ones you posted without trading.

It isn't. Playing without trading is really, really hard. If someone told you that GGG were making balance decisions based around SSF then you have been given incorrect information. They made it abundantly clear at every stage of SSF implementation that the game wouldn't be changed or re-balanced in any way to accommodate SSF. They simply gave us the official game mode, that's all.

With that in mind, what you are talking about (game balance with regards to people who don't trade) is completely and utterly irrelevant to the conversation of life/es balance.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on May 18, 2017, 12:10:48 AM
"
"
bhavv wrote:

* Lots of time spent grinding

* Learning how to craft

* RNG

He never stated it was easy. You are obsessed with the word easy. If you want an easy game, make your own with insane drop rates that make no sense.

I never stated I expected the game to be easy. However as Im sure you are capable of understanding, less than 1% of players in this game have god tier items like the ones he linked, and have builds that manage to exceed 20k ES.

How does it make sense to nerf the game based on so few players who manage to acquire such gear?

- PoE TOS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info