Development Manifesto: Energy Shield and Life

Lets make players miserable - but hey lets add some rap piece by dev - praise everywhere xD
Why bother finding a Mirror of Kalandra if it can be [Removed by Support]
Killing the Elder or Shaper while following someone's build is like finding a street using google maps - such an achievement!
This is great news!

ES has been unbalanced for quite some time now, if you compare it with life. Most of the players always ends up with ES builds (I know that some builds is life builds, but most builds are ES).

The options GGG had was basicly these:

* Buff life
* Nerf ES

They did a little bit of both. In my opinion they buffed life just a little and nerfed ES more. This is good news for people who want a more balanced game where life and ES are equally good. People have been laughing at others who's been doing life builds and it should not be like that; not if you want a balanced game.

If they went the other way and buffed life big time, it would have made the game even easier (more builds that could have done more content; aka more survival ability), but now when they focus more on nerfing ES, they make the game harder and that is also good news!

I don't understand people who's already crying about this. The beta isn't even released yet and it can be changes. And even if it won't be any changes, you haven't tried it out yet. Play it first and then cry if you feel the need. I like the game to be harder and I will def buy supporter back after these changes.
"
Anooose wrote:
I'm a hardcore player so I can only say how this will affect me and other hardcore players.

This seems extremely harsh, I'm not sure if nerfing every single aspect of ES and the keystones at once is a good idea. When you see ES builds trivialise content, what you're actually seeing is VAAL PACT trivialising content. The combination of vaal pact, flasks, and very high damage output is OP. I'd make only the vaal pact change and see how things pan out before going ham and nerfing everything into the ground. This change alone should be enough to turn the whole meta on it's head. People dealing reflectable damage will have to go with life-based builds. People won't be able to press 1-2-3-4-5 and face-tank bosses, they'll have to dodge stuff and encounters will become much more challenging.

I'd also take a look at capping the damage from volatiles, was one of the major reasons that the meta moved away from life-based in the first place

You can easily facetank Shaper without VP with enough reg. Changes to overall ES is a must. Removing VP would do nothing and people would just swap to massive regen.
Not a crazy fan of Es , but wow .. I hope they balance one shot mechanics too...
"
Abetow2531 wrote:
See Ya, I'm out... Yer game is starting to suck with all the balance changes. This used to be a fun game. You're burning to many bridges with your supporters. No longer supporting you.

Have fun with 3.0.

LOL go QQQQQQQ some where else scrub
"
AlexMaxima wrote:
"
AlexMaxima wrote:
Rest in piece Path of Exile.

Vaal Pact changes is bullshit. im crying

Your tears sustain me.
"
Rory wrote:
For your benefit:
TLDR:

Now this is a story all about how
ES got nerfed right into the ground
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I made our Int defences totally fair

At the top of the tree, it was nerfed and raised
On niche builds was where it spent most of its days
Not for min-maxin', just trying to be cool
If you didn't like life, CI was your tool
'Til Vaal Pact and GR let it put life to shame
Started making trouble in the metagame
It cakewalked the fights and the team got scared
We said, "You're getting a big rework 'til the meta's repaired."

I ground down the values on all of the gear
Had to buff some base types to keep it all fair
All to nerf what you could get from the best rare
Then I whipped up new life mods
That all armour could share

We dialed down some keystones, giving them all a flaw
We tweaked crafted mods and we added some more
So that's all the changes
But don't you be a hater
You'll try it all out and we'll tweak it in Beta

1000 Mirrors worth
Very happy about the balances, you do NOT need 16+K ES it really trivializes the game. My Breach league selfcast Flabeblast elementalist had mediocre ES gear ~12K and with the old vaal discipline had 15K ES did ALL endgame content and farmed shaper to get $$$$$$$$$$$$.

ty GGG

Keep up the great work!

totally buying supporter pack next league
Weird changes .... :(
The balance team is always overnerfing stuff instead of clever balance.

Instead of changing items (more legacy craps and so on):

- just reduce some ES nodes, limit energy jewel to 1 or so
- change CI into chaos damage cannot bypass ES or smth like that
- ghost reaver should work with CI but with less effectivity
- VP - doesn´t work with CI but still the same for life what´s the point?
Any kind of instant leech should go with 1 shots, volatiles, reflect and other crap.

I see no buffs for life (just a bit of extra life on body) and/or rebalanced monster´s damage spikes.
It would be so easy to buff life getting per level, buff strength/life ratio and/or add some +xx life passives and keep CI unique and competitive.
Last edited by Rakiii on May 18, 2017, 11:35:56 AM
Salt... salt everywhere...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info