Development Manifesto: Energy Shield and Life

I think, it's actaully a good thing generally. It makes game more consistent. ES should be all about quantity, not quality. It's life's selling point to be able increase effective health with armour/evasion/etc. ES should be able to just stack huge amounts. But while elemental resists (also overcapping with low-life) and immortal call exist life will be underdog. Because ES has alot of ways to generate mitigation while still retaining the high amount.

Those changes are good in terms of life and passive rework but kinda bad in terms of ES logic. You need to lower the effective health of ES builds and higher that amount in life's case. Not exactly lower the ES amount stacking. Although I like dodge and phys reduction on life based armor, those are actually logically consistent changes.
Last edited by argonaftec on May 18, 2017, 4:09:19 PM
"
Fasteddie1 wrote:
Looks like your alienating many of good supporters Instead of changing the game for 1% of the people that complain its too easy why don't you create an Insane League where you could try out just about anything you could make it so tough only 1% of the 1% gets to lvl 100 an you still have a game for normal people that many are still trying to get to lvl 100 in std This would please more people and you would not risk the support loss to the degree that it looks like where all this is headed I love the game want to see it continue for many years to come Thx for your time

I'm just going to drop this right here.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
vaal pact nerf was too far same with the lowlife maybe give lowlife a buff
Not a crazy fan of Es , but wow .. I hope they balance one shot mechanics too...

_____
hut be phot and hut be phot ha noi,
công ty giúp việc nhà
Last edited by smid1584 on Oct 7, 2017, 6:39:24 AM
"
Fasteddie1 wrote:
Looks like your alienating many of good supporters Instead of changing the game for 1% of the people that complain its too easy why don't you create an Insane League where you could try out just about anything you could make it so tough only 1% of the 1% gets to lvl 100 an you still have a game for normal people that many are still trying to get to lvl 100 in std This would please more people and you would not risk the support loss to the degree that it looks like where all this is headed I love the game want to see it continue for many years to come Thx for your time

I only made it to level 88 with an 8-9k ES character in standard.

Sorry for being shit at this game.

I sent GGG an email and asked / offered them to play my ES witch for research to see how shit non VP / GR ES actually is.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
bhavv wrote:
"
Fasteddie1 wrote:

I sent GGG an email and asked / offered them to play my ES witch for research to see how shit non VP / GR ES actually is.

So you think ES was balanced? Lol. With all the bonus keystones and items for ES it was broken for a while. They rework things entirely. Thats a good thing.
I think, you guys, are not adressing the main issue - effective health on ES builds. You statistically have more EH on ES build because of:

a) really high amount of sources of ES (you can get % shield from int, passives, on items, etc; in life's case you can get % only on the tree AND in smaller amounts or on some niche uniques)
b) ability to use almost every kind of MEANINGFUL mitigation:
1) phys mitigation can be presented in the form of flask, golem, arctic armor, endurance charges, immortal call, block, dodge and somewhat armour and evasion - only latter two are exclusive to life based builds.
2) elemental mitigation presented in the form of elemental resistances, less elemental damage taken, again, block, dodge, flasks, etch - this form of mitigation is not exclusive AT ALL and you can actually have HIGHER elemental mitigation by going ES with more auras in low-life case or tons of utility flasks (that also happen to boost your dps), sheer amount will carry you without the need of disabled life-pots.
c) easier pathing and lesser passive investment (vaal pact can be accessed alot easier for ES build, also, you have alot of int along the way, int on itself giving % increase won't punish you for not taking es nodes) - higher possibilities in dps department.

See where I am getting? In the regard of elemental damage (which is main OH I DIED material) ES builds are OBJECTIVELY alot better. GGG should adress not the flat amount side of the ES problem but % side (to force you to invest into % increase just like life does) AND mitigation stacking on ES builds.

One possible idea is - lowering the aura effectiveness for low-life, making low-life more hybrid-like and less full ES department. Other is - either giving a pretty good wheel which grants +max resists somewhere in the life-heavy part of the tree, maybe between duelist and marauder, maybe after blood magic OR giving CI minus max resists to actually feel the impact of the drawback (something around -55 or -10% of every max resistance).

Also, addition of dodge and phys reduction on body armours is a good notion. GGG actually starts to acknowledge the logic behind effective health (how laughably it wouldn't sound).

It's harsh but I think it is partially justified.
Can we atleast get a RF buff? plzzzzzz
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
bhavv wrote:
"
Fasteddie1 wrote:

So you think ES was balanced? Lol. With all the bonus keystones and items for ES it was broken for a while. They rework things entirely. Thats a good thing.

Ofc it was. The top 1% dont determin what is and isnt balanced in a video game.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Nice one, Rory.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info