Development Manifesto: Energy Shield and Life

I would probably just try to nerf only the tree and not items. The gap between rich and poor is just going to be even bigger with this. Lol so now its 2 different versions of legacy shavs, that's just silly.

Start with removing vaal pact completely first and lower es values % nodes and make the es wheels a little smaller in the tree first ( maybe even remove some wheels completely ), see how that works out. Is it still unbalanced after this then buff life slightly more than suggested in the manifesto. Maybe also have intelligence not give es and instead es recharge or something.

Cap some of the monsters dps from some monster skills like volatile and other silly skills.
It is a balance between monster vs player too to get to a right place not only life vs es.
"
Rory wrote:
For your benefit:
TLDR:

Now this is a story all about how
ES got nerfed right into the ground
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I made our Int defences totally fair

At the top of the tree, it was nerfed and raised
On niche builds was where it spent most of its days
Not for min-maxin', just trying to be cool
If you didn't like life, CI was your tool
'Til Vaal Pact and GR let it put life to shame
Started making trouble in the metagame
It cakewalked the fights and the team got scared
We said, "You're getting a big rework 'til the meta's repaired."

I ground down the values on all of the gear
Had to buff some base types to keep it all fair
All to nerf what you could get from the best rare
Then I whipped up new life mods
That all armour could share

We dialed down some keystones, giving them all a flaw
We tweaked crafted mods and we added some more
So that's all the changes
But don't you be a hater
You'll try it all out and we'll tweak it in Beta

Epic.
"
Devonor wrote:
I would probably just try to nerf only the tree and not items. The gap between rich and poor is just going to be even bigger with this. Lol so now its 2 different versions of legacy shavs, that's just silly.

Start with removing vaal pact completely first and lower es values % nodes and make the es wheels a little smaller in the tree first ( maybe even remove some wheels completely ), see how that works out. Is it still unbalanced after this then buff life slightly more than suggested in the manifesto. Maybe also have intelligence not give es and instead es recharge or something.

Cap some of the monsters dps from some monster skills like volatile and other silly skills.
It is a balance between monster vs player too to get to a right place not only life vs es.

Ironically, the changes are actually a direct nerf to the rich while being a buff to the poor - they've made it easier to craft decent ES pieces (decent by the new standards, that is), but harder to push too high as the top end ES values have been drastically cut.

As for legacy stuff, there's no legacy items in the temp leagues, which is where most players play. I dislike legacy stuff too and wish they'd just do away with them altogether (and I'm an old player who owns some), but at least it won't be bothering most of the playerbase.

BS stuff like volatiles, reflect, etc. are going to be altered (at least, according to ZiggyD) and so may not be as much of an issue as before.

Last edited by Exile009 on May 18, 2017, 9:22:00 PM
Awesome, so we won't be locked into learning how to make effective use of CI to do the most difficult content. And the fact that GR will no longer work with VP is the best news yet.

However, I can't help feeling that ES is going to be reduced to practically nothing between these other changes. I understand that you guys don't want us to be able to stand in one spot taking layzors to the face from Shaper all day, but this may be going too far. I'll reserve judgement till beta tho. Things usually don't turn out to be all gloom & doom like some people make it out to be, I've noticed.

The real question from me, GGG, is this: Do you intend to buff Armour and Evasion? They're really underwhelming in how they work, especially Armour. Armour seems really crippled when you take into account the "big hits."
Last edited by MimSiE on May 18, 2017, 10:39:16 PM
I don't care about es nerfs (i'm HP player only) but seeing all those boss fight with 18-20k es when character stay in front of big badass boss and take all dmg stragiht on chest was really annoying xD
Now i'm waiting for info bout hp nodes and evasion/armour buff.
Btw, Rory, cool poem :)
Is it OK to feel guilty for killing an albino rhoa? The poor thing was scared and running away, and I slaughtered it. Does that make me a bad person?

Yes.
RIP my ES RF build.

Now its gonna suck as much as a life RF build.
Necessary changes I like them especially the buff to low rare items, but I still think there will be some niche build using es who will be op.
Life buff isn't enough.
Last edited by EzBreesy on May 19, 2017, 12:14:05 AM
The same shit, different day. What about all those people whining about the AOE nerfs? Yeah, AOE is still a thing. Face it, you people just like to bitch and moan.
lol 1% there's like 3 guys on earth doing ES properly and, yes, they dictate the meta.
"
sawseech wrote:
lol 1% there's like 3 guys on earth doing ES properly and, yes, they dictate the meta.

Pretty much. I've never broken 11k ES before.

The post makes it sound like every ES player is running around with 15-25k ES and face tanking everything. Some of those builds cost 100's of exalts to gear to those levels. Life needs a buff. Vaal pact needs a nerf but slashing ES values will kill every ES caster and shadow who doesn't Vaal pact and ghost reave. That doesn't encourage build diversity.

Watch there will be a significant increase in the number of war chief totem builds in 3.0. Meta will change to life again and every player will migrate to the left side of the tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info