Development Manifesto: Energy Shield and Life

"
Samson001 wrote:
"
sawseech wrote:
lol 1% there's like 3 guys on earth doing ES properly and, yes, they dictate the meta.

Pretty much. I've never broken 11k ES before.

The post makes it sound like every ES player is running around with 15-25k ES and face tanking everything. Some of those builds cost 100's of exalts to gear to those levels. Life needs a buff. Vaal pact needs a nerf but slashing ES values will kill every ES caster and shadow who doesn't Vaal pact and ghost reave. That doesn't encourage build diversity.

Watch there will be a significant increase in the number of war chief totem builds in 3.0. Meta will change to life again and every player will migrate to the left side of the tree.

For 10c on HC I geared an ES character with 11-12K es and 1500es regen per seconds, before ascendanscy classes was even there.
Body armour was only 400es.
Last edited by EzBreesy on May 19, 2017, 3:57:05 AM
How many 7% es jewels do you need to even hit 20k es? Speak 30k?
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
"
Elemenz wrote:

You don´t need many jewels besides Energy from within, top gear (900es chest, 600es shield and such) and invest in ES passives.

"
HedgeMoney wrote:
RIP my ES RF build.

Now its gonna suck as much as a life RF build.

Make better build then. There are nice life builds with 10k life and nice regen out there.
Last edited by Rakiii on May 19, 2017, 4:23:45 AM
"
Rakiii wrote:
"
Elemenz wrote:

You don´t need many jewels besides Energy from within, top gear (900es chest, 600es shield and such) and invest in ES passives.

"
HedgeMoney wrote:
RIP my ES RF build.

Make better build then. There are nice life builds with 10k life and nice regen out there.

Idiot? Make better build then? And what next if he will make a new build? Another asteroid from GGG on the ground and do this shit one more time? This is the most unstable game i ever tried, u never know what kind of asteroid will frop from NZ GGG offise..
“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
LG0012 - calm down clown, do you know what´s the beta testing is about? Have you ever read about new pantheon system. Adaptation is the key for evolution.
"
LG0012 wrote:
"
Rakiii wrote:
"
Elemenz wrote:

"
HedgeMoney wrote:
RIP my ES RF build.

Idiot? Make better build then? And what next if he will make a new build? Another asteroid from GGG on the ground and do this shit one more time? This is the most unstable game i ever tried, u never know what kind of asteroid will frop from NZ GGG offise..

+1

"
Pretty much. I've never broken 11k ES before.

The post makes it sound like every ES player is running around with 15-25k ES and face tanking everything. Some of those builds cost 100's of exalts to gear to those levels. Life needs a buff. Vaal pact needs a nerf but slashing ES values will kill every ES caster and shadow who doesn't Vaal pact and ghost reave. That doesn't encourage build diversity.

+10

I play characters from all over the tree. I love experimenting and making new builds. So seeing ridiculously heavy handed nerfs like this, based on a handful of characters that found a way to make OP builds, really breaks my spirit for the game.

Now ES builds have;
1. No Armour
2. No Evade
3. Low Life
4. No ES Flask
5. Massively reduced ES Pools
6. Significantly reduced ES recharge rate
7. No ES leech

So any ES player wanting to do end game, has very little build options left. If it will even be possible at all now. How the hell is this balancing ? Making every build useless ? Life builds needed a big buff, yes. ES needed a nerf, yes. THAT would have been balancing and opened more viable builds. What happened here is just not making any logical sense at all.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
Last edited by Marinxar on May 19, 2017, 6:02:55 AM
It's impossible for life builds to have any sort of meta game.

GGG why couldn't you have buffed life nodes? I don't fucking get it is it that hard for you to do so?

why must i spend more points putting it into life and lose out on dps? by the time i'm in cruel act 4 i'm doing less than my ES counter parts. and THEY still have more life than me.

"Well we gave life armor's better Life rolls so those should help.... If you're rich enough LOL"

thanks GGG for all those less than likely to get exalted's 6 days into league thank you, seriously I mean these life rolls are gonna be great! for those who could afford them, or if your lucky enough to get one rolled onto your armor.

Could have left ES alone buffed life so that it's worth a damn to make people see the diversity in it instead you Nerf ES into the ground give bogus none useful rolls to armor's Life roll's that won't matter anyway because end game monsters basically cut through armor like it's butter.
"
ZekromEX wrote:
It's impossible for life builds to have any sort of meta game.

GGG why couldn't you have buffed life nodes? I don't fucking get it is it that hard for you to do so?

why must i spend more points putting it into life and lose out on dps? by the time i'm in cruel act 4 i'm doing less than my ES counter parts. and THEY still have more life than me.

"Well we gave life armor's better Life rolls so those should help.... If you're rich enough LOL"

thanks GGG for all those less than likely to get exalted's 6 days into league thank you, seriously I mean these life rolls are gonna be great! for those who could afford them, or if your lucky enough to get one rolled onto your armor.

Could have left ES alone buffed life so that it's worth a damn to make people see the diversity in it instead you Nerf ES into the ground give bogus none useful rolls to armor's Life roll's that won't matter anyway because end game monsters basically cut through armor like it's butter.

Agree with most of this. However, to say Life builds have no meta, is not entirely correct. The fastest, in your face, Shaper face tank kills is done with Life builds.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
Marinxar That´s not bcos of ES or life but insane damage and leech with VP that´s it.

You don´t rly need massive amount of life and/or ES to do the shaper if u got insane dps (in millions) and some basic dodge skill.

ES can still leech and/or regen life.
You should build up more layers of the defenses not just big ES pool and leech through VP.
Ever heard of things like enfeeble/tc/AA/basalt flasks/EC/IC etc.
Last edited by Rakiii on May 19, 2017, 8:13:57 AM
Good that we still have Berzerk with 100% leech and working Vaal Pact for a life build :p
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

I SUPPORT FLASK MACROS
3.13 was the golden age. Down the drain we go.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info