Development Manifesto: Energy Shield and Life

I'm starting to think if the GGG should not made another game called PoE II, instead of change "drastically" the same game we are playing since 2012.

The Actual PoE could have its end in 2.6.x version for those who want to play this version. Only maintanence should be made.

The 3.0 version could be another PoE game, considering that all will change including the start point of the history.
Will the rings that have the increase to es mod on them be removed from the game or will they stay in the game with said mod and become extremely expensive? Since they can no longer be crafted

"
EDTAkiller wrote:
Very happy about the balances, you do NOT need 16+K ES it really trivializes the game. My Breach league selfcast Flabeblast elementalist had mediocre ES gear ~12K and with the old vaal discipline had 15K ES did ALL endgame content and farmed shaper to get $$$$$$$$$$$$.

ty GGG

Keep up the great work!

totally buying supporter pack next league

Mhm. And what about us who have ES buildswith only 7k ES? Your statement of 12K as ''only'' is so wrong.
"
Rory wrote:
For your benefit:
TLDR:

Now this is a story all about how
ES got nerfed right into the ground
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I made our Int defences totally fair

At the top of the tree, it was nerfed and raised
On niche builds was where it spent most of its days
Not for min-maxin', just trying to be cool
If you didn't like life, CI was your tool
'Til Vaal Pact and GR let it put life to shame
Started making trouble in the metagame
It cakewalked the fights and the team got scared
We said, "You're getting a big rework 'til the meta's repaired."

I ground down the values on all of the gear
Had to buff some base types to keep it all fair
All to nerf what you could get from the best rare
Then I whipped up new life mods
That all armour could share

We dialed down some keystones, giving them all a flaw
We tweaked crafted mods and we added some more
So that's all the changes
But don't you be a hater
You'll try it all out and we'll tweak it in Beta

I assume Rory got his 25k es gear with 7 challenges completed, so he knows that es will still be viable after nerfs. Like majority of the players are investing 30 mirrors into gear in a challenge league. It is really easy to roll a 3t1 es gear, not to mention the new bullshit modes that will come with 3.0
"
LordTreufeldt wrote:
...the same game we are playing since 2012.

You mean since 2013, when it launched. 2012 was beta, and the game changed quite a bit at launch. In fact, it changed drastically at 2.0 as well.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
GOOD! Do what must be done GGG.

"
Kirala wrote:
Salt... salt everywhere...

Last edited by Razis on May 18, 2017, 1:58:35 PM
"
"
EDTAkiller wrote:
Very happy about the balances, you do NOT need 16+K ES it really trivializes the game. My Breach league selfcast Flabeblast elementalist had mediocre ES gear ~12K and with the old vaal discipline had 15K ES did ALL endgame content and farmed shaper to get $$$$$$$$$$$$.

ty GGG

Keep up the great work!

totally buying supporter pack next league

Mhm. And what about us who have ES buildswith only 7k ES? Your statement of 12K as ''only'' is so wrong.

Git Gud?
Last edited by EDTAkiller on May 18, 2017, 2:05:15 PM
"
Giveitall wrote:
Wow, on a first glance it sounds like ES is getting utterly destroyed...

Many of the nerfs are justified, don't know about the Ghost Reaver one tho. I fail to see how that without VP has OP-potential.
Also removing the ES-Multiplier node from CI seems a bit over the top taking into consideration that all your gear has about 33% less ES now already. But we will see soon how it will play out in total numbers.

Really like the changes to master crafting tho. Crafting flat ES on anything always felt so useless. Also having %ES on rings was very strong if you had a big ES base. Well, time to craft your rings before it hits I guess.

Also: Holy shit, I even had to read the TL;DR in the melody :D Nice work Rory, Prince of Bel Wraeclast.

This is where I am, I can understand the it not being good for hybrid builds. Thinking it needs to be more like, Leech ES first, when ES full, leech life. Would leave ES leech in the game, and not harm hybrid builds taking it (infact it'd probably give them another nice buff) Vaal pact only working on life would be interesting with this too heh, leech es max over time, es hit's full and instant leech to fill life up.

But honestly.... I have a feeling es leech is going to occur somewhere after testing starts in the beta. Heck, could see Ghost Reaver going simpler too, Half your life leech applies to ES instead. Would nerf the leech rate for es from it's current rate, but work for hybrids.

The Vaal Pact part... honestly think that change was correct.
Realy GGG, remove plz Vinktar. Think 4-5% dmg from skilltree and other sourses its enouth even with insta life/es lich.
Looks like your alienating many of good supporters Instead of changing the game for 1% of the people that complain its too easy why don't you create an Insane League where you could try out just about anything you could make it so tough only 1% of the 1% gets to lvl 100 an you still have a game for normal people that many are still trying to get to lvl 100 in std This would please more people and you would not risk the support loss to the degree that it looks like where all this is headed I love the game want to see it continue for many years to come Thx for your time

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info