Energy Shield and Life

I think these changes are great. Seems like ES won't be so overpowered anymore.

Also, for the people disheartened by the changes, remember that these are planned for the beta and will be fine-tuned before they hit live servers.
I smell new Pantheon system behind those changes but pls rather change passives/int scaling or so instead of ES items.
So hoe many people here even have 20k ES?

Zero?
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
plodd wrote:
life will have 7k+

lol no. With the double dipping mechanics being removed this will not be possible for "99%" of the players while maintaining viable damage for end game content. Assuming that they don't have any stupidly expensive gear the average player will probably have roughly 5-6k life, and will struggle with it.
Last edited by Torayuu on May 18, 2017, 7:33:43 PM
isn't the downside of CI having to spend a bunch of money on high tier gear?
Standard League
Lokailith - Level 100 Max Block Static Strike Marauder. Ranked #87 In World
Helped 7 Players Grind To 100 PRE Awakening & 3 Players Post Awakening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Streaming @ twitch.tv/levy42088
GGG claims that they hate double dipping, but all of their nerfs seem to be triple dipping.
I am a little irritated with this notion that you can scale damage and get 20k es pool. HoWA is not the only es build that exists, maybe coulda dealt with the scaling there? Not sure where 15kes AND dmg scaling happens with "well" gear post nerf. Regardless there is plenty of viability in end game es left. "tanks" can run on like 9k es. And i like the idea of trying to slow down the game. Just means I'll be staying on life a lot longer into a league, probably rolling an entirely different character for any ES based. (instant leech is certainly not the only sustain available for es).
Boo. Hiss. Disasterously hamfisted solution to a petty problem which affected less than half of one percent of people who play, but will cripple two thirds of current ES builds. GG, GGG, GG... Maybe it's time to give D3 another go.

Last edited by SuperRevy on Sep 15, 2018, 8:11:14 PM
Maybe if armor and evasion were just more viable and life nodes weren't so ridiculously nerfed all that time ago you wouldn't have to beat on energy shield... at least not this much.
Last edited by Geist1337 on May 18, 2017, 8:47:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info