Energy Shield and Life

"
luckyshin wrote:

Why does HC exist if GGG is balancing the game around Standard, where dying just means EXP loss?

Completely agree, on the one hand they completely ignore Standard, focusing on the temp leagues, but on the other they balance the game around standard... Let's see how this ends, but when you have more than 130 pages of comments on a thread like this, most being negative feedback, you know something is not right... Let's hope they realize this and make something less drastic.
Better rework VP now since ppl complain how about it will be or is for life now ;0

ps. berserker leech need change too.
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
I think, you guys, are not adressing the main issue - effective health on ES builds. You statistically have more EH on ES build because of:

a) really high amount of sources of ES (you can get % shield from int, passives, on items, etc; in life's case you can get % only on the tree AND in smaller amounts or on some niche uniques)
b) ability to use almost every kind of MEANINGFUL mitigation:
1) phys mitigation can be presented in the form of flask, golem, arctic armor, endurance charges, immortal call, block, dodge and somewhat armour and evasion - only latter two are exclusive to life based builds.
2) elemental mitigation presented in the form of elemental resistances, less elemental damage taken, again, block, dodge, flasks, etch - this form of mitigation is not exclusive AT ALL and you can actually have HIGHER elemental mitigation by going ES with more auras in low-life case or tons of utility flasks (that also happen to boost your dps), sheer amount will carry you without the need of disabled life-pots.
c) easier pathing and lesser passive investment (vaal pact can be accessed alot easier for ES build, also, you have alot of int along the way, int on itself giving % increase won't punish you for not taking es nodes) - higher possibilities in dps department.

See where I am getting? In the regard of elemental damage (which is main OH I DIED material) ES builds are OBJECTIVELY alot better. GGG should adress not the flat amount side of the ES problem but % side (to force you to invest into % increase just like life does) AND mitigation stacking on ES builds.

One possible idea is - lowering the aura effectiveness for low-life, making low-life more hybrid-like and less full ES department. Other is - either giving a pretty good wheel which grants +max resists somewhere in the life-heavy part of the tree, maybe between duelist and marauder, maybe after blood magic OR giving CI minus max resists to actually feel the impact of the drawback (something around -5% or -10% of every max resistance).

Also, addition of dodge and phys reduction on body armours is a good notion. GGG actually starts to acknowledge the logic behind effective health (how laughably it wouldn't sound).

It's harsh but I think it is partially justified.
Last edited by argonaftec on May 18, 2017, 6:14:36 PM
GGG'logic: "Instead of improve nodes, itens, formula to get more HP. We destroy ES builds to say its balanced. Oh gentlemens we are so smarts"
"
JLawL wrote:
People whining about not having enough ES / Life need to realize the game isn't meant to be tanked. Mechanics are meant to be avoided. You're meant to fail sometimes. You aren't SUPPOSED to be able to crank through end game at full speed in 5 minutes. Learn to play the game. If you don't enjoy the game, go elsewhere.

What mechanics? There is no boss mechanics in this game. Long time dead.
No brain, No pain.
"
JLawL wrote:
People whining about not having enough ES / Life need to realize the game isn't meant to be tanked. Mechanics are meant to be avoided. You're meant to fail sometimes. You aren't SUPPOSED to be able to crank through end game at full speed in 5 minutes. Learn to play the game. If you don't enjoy the game, go elsewhere.

People whining about not having enough ES/Life, you genius, are NOT those who can crank through end game at full speed in 5mins...have you even red their posts? But ofc they dont know the game, they need to learn, they apologize :)
"
ssxrojbug wrote:
I have played Path of Exile many years, spendt over 500-800 hours in game, and probably 100 hours offline with skill tree and paper. I have gotten 1 epic drop once, and spendt it all on super overpriced crap (didnt know about poe.trade). (And 120 Dollar on fuckin stash space for my crappy uniques)

I consider myself kinda poor, to be playing that long. I have crappy gear and can maximum reach 10k ES with shield. And 6-7k ES on average ES builds. The only reason that i played it was because i was tired of getting one shoted with my maximum 5k Life pool, tho i have 500hp kaoms. Now that i have descent gear, and have spent 8 days on my lv 85 character, dying many times pr level because one shot.

Now they nerf my ES build? I go from usual 7k ES to probaly less than 5k...
That where tho hardly earned exalts wasted.
My life pool are not going to be much higher, maybe 5.5k max...
Wtf am i gonna do? I cant level higher than 85-87 ever!
My pc sucks, so cant avoid server lag one shots.

Pls give me a legacy Kaoms Heart GGG :p
(I am out of Stash space again, so are forced to pay you 60 dollar very soon GGG,
My self found crap unique collection are quite huge now)

Its guys like u hurt most by there 1%er changes. ES is effectivly broken for you.

But really u are giving life a bad rap. I beat uber/shaper with life builds last 3 patches. Life is very underrated especially if you run enfeeble on blasphemy all the time.

Here is a good example of a powerful life build i helped out on
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1682703/page/11

I guarantee you u can beat all maps with a 5L and make 100 if your heart desire

Here is another since u have KOAMS. 10K life and you wont die at all
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1873778

LIFE was never uderpowered. Just ES so fucken OP few bothered playing life. A ES nerf was needed but this is ridiculous obviously.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 18, 2017, 6:30:45 PM
"
JLawL wrote:

Totally agree. These changes sound good to me.

A lot of people are also forgetting that these changes are being implemented during a BETA. It's the perfect time for some dramatic changes like this, there should be plenty of time to balance and make adjustments if it "kills ES" (lol).
I think everyone knew at some point CI would be nerfed. It was getting way too stong, and each patch it seemed that they would release a unique that countered the only drawbacks to the build. However, now I'm not sure there is clear enough difference between the two.

Removing VP would have been enough, and maybe a 10-20% nerf at the very top...or remove some of the uniques that remove the drawbacks.

Dear GGG

What happens to characters that currently only have 12k ES? Those characters will become useless. Not everyone can dump 50ex worth of gear into a build to hit 20k+ ES to have their characters survive this nerf.

Please learn the concept of "soft caps" aka "diminishing returns". Nerf the top end of things with soft caps that give diminishing returns on ES once the character goes over a certain amount. Then there would be no need to nerf VP or CI node branch.

Simple problem = simple solution = balance restored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info